Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2007, 11:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I wonder why you say Ford maintenance is expensive---that was in the yester years. If you read ownership reports of petrol Fiestas and Ikons, this myth has been busted.
I own a Fiesta 1.6 sxi for the past 6 months.
Within 6 months you can not decide on the maintenance costs. wait and see, after couple of years you compare others, you will get the result.
Old 26th September 2007, 12:49   #17
VMG
BHPian

I also agree with you. Couple of my friends who bought Ikon 1.6 in 2004,2005 they end up paying lot of money towards maintenance. ( after 25K and 35K KM). Around Rs.9,000 in each time.
Where as I used to have a Lancer at that time, spent Rs.17,000/- for 4 years done 44000 km includes all charges other than petrol. In fact, replaced battery also in 43000Km; this cost also included in Rs.17,000/-
Old 26th September 2007, 13:50   #18
BHPian

Looking at your friends requirements, NHC Gxi is the car for him but it will not have ABS and Airbags.
I am driving NHC Gxi for past two years and its absolutely maintencance free so far. not a single penny spent apart from regular service which is again not expensive at all. Abt 800 Rs per service.

Regarding GC, its less in number but in normal conditions(including bad roads and normal speed breakers), it wont be a problem. My car hasn't touched/scraped any speed breakers so far.

Verna's handling is very bad during high speeds. its very unstable moreover FE is not very good. will give you abt 10KMPL in city.

you can also think abt Aveo. Take your pick.
Old 26th September 2007, 13:53   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya.86 View Post
performance wise the verna is much superior to the new honda city and whereas driving comfort is concerned the city beats them all...plus honda cars will have better service than the hyundais anyday...for a nice comfortable city car the city is the best no doubts...
Hyundai's service is miles ahead of Honda !
Old 26th September 2007, 14:19   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabasheer View Post
Within 6 months you can not decide on the maintenance costs. wait and see, after couple of years you compare others, you will get the result.
I agree that 6 months is too short a period for judging maintenance cost. But please read the following ownership report :-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...31000-kms.html.

Perhaps I should not have included an Ikon in my statement, but my opinion was based on recent reviews.

Most Viewed