Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2007, 12:36   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashams_s View Post
Most of these are missing in Civic dude..Tis not just only about bhp..if you go by company quoted figures..0-100 comes up in 9.06s for RS and 9.07s for Corolla. If you dont like being beaten from the signal, go for RS..period! who cares abt FE if somebodyz spending over a million..burn the rubber mate
Correction... 0-100 in an RS is 8 seconds or so.
Old 28th September 2007, 12:57   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
5. Breaking was great in the Skoda, not that the civic was bad, but its a standout feature in the skoda.
Breaking what was great? The windsheild, windows, mirrors? Sounds like a fun thing to do.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:28   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^Are you sure Honda's service intervals are just 5000km? Thats way too low... Mitsubishi service intervals are 10000km and I think its the same with Toyota.
Honda suggests service interval of 10000km, however Honda India recommends a servicing at 5000km which is mainly required to change the engine oil and overall costs around Rs.1200-1500.

Irrespective of which car you own it is also recommended by Team Bhp to change engine oil at every 5k km under 'Indian' driving conditions, to keep your engine in good health.
Old 28th September 2007, 13:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye
Any idea why Laura costs are on the higher side?
Are the pumpe duse injectors reliable for the lifetime?
Beware, Pump Duse is expensive to manufacture and maintain, the reason why VW is moving away from their proprietor technology to CRDi...

Also with launch of other cars from VW, expect the price for Lxxxx to come down in future. In other countries it anyways competes with Civic and Corolla!
Old 28th September 2007, 14:04   #50
Senior - BHPian

I looked at all these cars and incl Sonata Embera...
and finally shortlisted vRS and Civic. Both are excellent cars.

Finally went in for Civic due to...
1. A S S of Skoda dealer is really bad, heard enough horror stories about them

2. Civic chassis is as good as a european car, (though body build quality lacks a little)

3. vRS is 150 BHP after turbo charging, whereas Civic engine is already 132 BHP (140 in original tune) normal aspirated, and with basic mods it can beat a vRS. With Turbo charging it can take pants of the vRS. (I intend to do it down the line)

4. Octavia is very sensitive to adulterated fuel (may be because it is not detuned for Indian conditions)

5. The beautiful roomy Civic interiors makes you enjoy your drive, whereas Octavia felt claustrophobic and cramped.

6. Better FE of Civic

7. Better Resale value if Civic

8. Octavia is a decade old model (and that was not acceptable to me)

...thought may be of some help for you...

Last edited by ST7677 : 28th September 2007 at 14:15.
Old 28th September 2007, 14:07   #51
Senior - BHPian

abhinav: Yup I know the 2.0 litre is not the RS. I just put it up for comparison sakes.

Civic does not have most of the Laura features. No wonder they priced the Laura way over what the Octavia was sold for. Sad that its one of the reasons there are very few Laura's on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
There is an extremely popular poll on this forum where vRS did better than Accord. vRS badge is the most cool, the most hip one to own than any other badge under 20 lacs. vRS is one of the few cars that makes me a bit green when I see one on the road.

If you are an enthusiast, you might develop serious identity crisis after buying civic. Just kidding. It is an extremely good car, but c'mon.. every middle manager uncle is buying Civic and trying to look sporty.

androdev: Very rightly said on the RS being better than the Accord. But you still can't beat the 3.0 V6 Accord. That is a beast.

True about the Civic in Bangalore. When I got one in Jan there were very few around. Probably see one till I get to office. Now I see a minimum of 4. Its a hobby of mine to count the number of Civics I see when I get from Point A to B. The max I counted was 7 on the way to office and this was within a distance of 6 kms And Hey, I'm not a manager as yet !!!!
Old 28th September 2007, 16:07   #52
Senior - BHPian

The 0-60 , 0 -100 and 0-160 is faster on the RS

only the Accord is Better on the Luxury Feel , the AT and the Top Speed and things like Lower Maintenance(Not sure)

Rest RS wins hands down!
Old 29th September 2007, 02:25   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

While the Accord may have a stonker of an engine, the suspension set up isn't as good as that of the RS.
The Accord is no where as stable, or as comfortable or as good a driver's car as the RS.
Old 29th September 2007, 02:34   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Regular service costs on on par with all other cars in the segment... people think it costs a bomb to run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandpadhye View Post
And how expensive is not so frequent work (dent/paint, clutch-pad, break-pads etc)?
Yeah, I'd like to know how much Skoda clutches cost too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST7677 View Post
4. Octavia is very sensitive to adulterated fuel (may be because it is not detuned for Indian conditions)
The Octavia has been detuned from 180 bhp to 150! That's the largest downrating ever!
Old 29th September 2007, 04:53   #55

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Laura above budget

Tpi not in list due to absense of discs , cruise control , sunroof , xenons , skirts and what not

The Looks are important but then you got to sacrifice something for speed. As of Service Costs , I know the spares are a bit more expensive than civic , but then the civic is a delicate body while the RS is a Tank like build car!
Quote:
hey csentil the 2.0 Skoda is not the same as the Rs that was 111 bhp this is 1.8 Turbocharges 150 bhp!
and yes, the new Manual Accord is not less that 16.5 to 17

Ok dude , thanks for the info. But the features like Cruise Control , Climatronics , Sensors ( Reversing and Rain ) , Xenons with Headlamp washers , the sunroof , the leather , the 16 inch tyres , spider alloys and much more is missing. Taking A Tpi would make me miss all this!
Quote:
The 0-60 , 0 -100 and 0-160 is faster on the RS

only the Accord is Better on the Luxury Feel , the AT and the Top Speed and things like Lower Maintenance(Not sure)

Rest RS wins hands down!
buddy,i think you have already decided...go ahead,buy the rs.its a good car.and for all you know this may be the only turbocharged petrol car you can buy in this country considering that all the manufacturers are moving towards diesels.
and when you a see a octy rs on the road,you know that a person passionate for cars with power(without f.e. being the primary concern) is driving it whereas, most of the civics are being driven by drivers.the rs deserves respect on the road.

Last edited by hellspawn : 29th September 2007 at 04:56.
Old 29th September 2007, 10:45   #56
Senior - BHPian

I too agree, go with the RS, you wont be dissapointed. The RS is a fantastic car and is seriously F-A-S-T
Old 29th September 2007, 10:51   #57
Senior - BHPian

I dont care about the Fe till it gives about the 8.

So Decided , If My Dad has no problems then RS It is!
Old 29th September 2007, 11:24   #58
HSV
BHPian

Does anyone know whether there's a cash/non-cash discount on the RS? If so how much?
Old 29th September 2007, 11:28   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Yeah, I'd like to know how much Skoda clutches cost too.
My best friend got his RS's clutch replaced & the bill was 50k+.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The Octavia has been detuned from 180 bhp to 150! That's the largest downrating ever!
Actually, the VW 1.8T is engine available in variuos states of tune abroad. This includes the 150/180/225 bhp versions & this engine is used in varying states of tune across the whole range of companies (VW, Audi, Seat, Skoda)

So, IMO they've simply used the 150bhp version in India. Most components though remain the same with the higher-powered engines and that is why it's easy to boost the power of this engine with a few simple mods like a remap, exhaust, intake etc.

P.S. C3PO I know you already know all this, it's just for the information of the others.
Old 29th September 2007, 12:55   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
My best friend got his RS's clutch replaced & the bill was 50k+.
50K - includes the flywheel. If the fly wheel is fine, then the cost comes up to approx 18000 Rs including labour.

Can someone get me the rates for the Civic clutch replacement ?

Most Viewed