Team-BHP - Is this a good deal (2004 Baleno) ?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Is this a good deal (2004 Baleno) ? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/29455-good-deal-2004-baleno-2.html)

A friend and a regular team-bhp visitor bought a 2004 VXi for 3 lakhs, a couple days back.

well i do feel price is too high i sold my indigo june 2004 for 2.2 last month
so better think before buying it

Price is way too high. Friend bought 2005 VXI done about 20k kms for 4.5L in Pune.

I re-iterate, people the prices of Baleno have gone up.Please go around and check with a few 2nd hand car dealers. I have done quite a fair bit of hunting around for a colleague.

raja take a mechanic along with you and get the car checked. If I were you I would pay 4.10 tops with free insurance and other goodies(provided the car has a complete service record and is accident free).

Why don't some Pune members help him out ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by pabheda (Post 580407)
well i do feel price is too high i sold my indigo june 2004 for 2.2 last month

Am I missing something here :confused: . Whats an Indigo got to do with a Baleno's price quote !!

Quote:

Whats an Indigo got to do with a Baleno's price quote !!
Nothing lol:

Both are C segmenters maybe hence the comparission.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 580466)
raja take a mechanic along with you and get the car checked.

A very important step. I would like to add that the mechanic should preferrably be senior and knowledgable in Maruti vehicles, in particular, Baleno. Here is a good website that lists all the checks that need to be carried out before buying a second-hand vehicle. There are many other such websites which turn up from a Google search.

Hints and Tips when buying a secondhand or used car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjstyles69 (Post 580466)
I re-iterate, people the prices of Baleno have gone up.Please go around and check with a few 2nd hand car dealers. I have done quite a fair bit of hunting around for a colleague.

raja take a mechanic along with you and get the car checked. If I were you I would pay 4.10 tops with free insurance and other goodies(provided the car has a complete service record and is accident free).

Why don't some Pune members help him out ?

Am I missing something here :confused: . Whats an Indigo got to do with a Baleno's price quote !!

Hi,

It is an accident free car and very well maintained.Only 1-2 small scratches.If insurance and MP3 is considered,car value comes to 4.15L

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushik_s (Post 580389)
Hey Raja, no I didn't tell you to buy car from carwale.. I told you to check the prices.Actually there is a option(on right hand side of the website) called "Check my car value". You can use that to check the prices.
Hey, Shuvc, I thought Leather Seat covers and nippon security system does come default with the Vxi, atleast that was what I was told.

Hi Kaushik,

Yesterday I saw a Baleno-VXI-2005 at carwale for Rs.4.55L.But my apprehensions don't allow me to contact the buyer.I'll check for the price there for LXI-2004.

raja748,

I sold my July-2004 Baleno Lxi for Rs.3.9L to a used car dealer in December 2006. I believe he sold it out for 4.2L. [My car had spoilers, 3M sun-films, Pioneer MP3 player with all Pioneer speakers, Full wheel covers, K&N conical filter as after market accessory fitments]

But, this was way back in December 2006.

Given further depreciation, I would guess the price to be around 3.6L.

4.3L seems too high.

The 2005-Vxi seems to be a better deal at 4.55L [You get driver seat height adjustment, alloy wheels, rear defogger, music system, spoilers over the Lxi]

But, like rjstyles69 pointed out, there may be a demand for Balenos and hence the prices may have gone up...stupid:

Raja,
I've seen different price qoutes by different True Value dealers in Bangalore itself while looking for Baleno. The difference was ranging from 10k to 60k. So do look around in other places, and you may end up with a better deal.May be as riju said, Baleno prices has gone up but still you never know.
Another thing I want to add is that please check that they give you a Comprehensive insurance.
Regards,
Kaushik

Dear Friends,

Actually,I miscalculated and now current status is that my finances do not allow me a second car in budget of Rs.4.0 to 4.40 lacs.:Frustrati

But the time since I have TD Baleno,I am mesmerized by the vehicle.Now I think I should exchange my SWIFT-VXI with used Baleno-VXI(If I find any in good condition).FE of both the cars I feel is more or less the same.But I hope there are no problems in Baleno which SWIFT has(rattelling and low torque).

What do you suggest friends?Will this be a right decision to sell off new car and buy a used one that too 2-3 years old model.

I am very confused,please advice me.

Thanks and Regards.

A single owner, 2004 Baleno VXI done 20 k in excellent condition got sold for 3.4 lacs in Bangalore in a private deal.
Do take in view of the sharp depreciation which would happen to Baleno after a few years as it is a discontinued model.

However I know your heart will say all this is rubbish. The money lost will get compensated by the driving pleasure.

Big Confusion.!!!

In last week'd ad-mag, I saw an ad for 2006 Baleno LXi, Black, CD player etc etc. I was late :Frustrati

Asking Price : 4.15 lakhs
Sold Price : 3.95 lakhs

I was so frustrated, I didn't even have the patience to find out why he sold a 2006 Baleno for soooooooo less. I will be happy if there is a valid reason :D

Guys, a friend is looking for a 2006 Baleno(silver or black) run less than 15k -20k kms in good condition and no accidents. Please pm me if you come across one.
note: Mods, i didnt want to open another thread for this. If you feel it should be in market section, please move it there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raja748 (Post 582684)
Dear Friends,

Actually,I miscalculated and now current status is that my finances do not allow me a second car in budget of Rs.4.0 to 4.40 lacs.:Frustrati

But the time since I have TD Baleno,I am mesmerized by the vehicle.Now I think I should exchange my SWIFT-VXI with used Baleno-VXI(If I find any in good condition).FE of both the cars I feel is more or less the same.But I hope there are no problems in Baleno which SWIFT has(rattelling and low torque).

What do you suggest friends?Will this be a right decision to sell off new car and buy a used one that too 2-3 years old model.

I am very confused,please advice me.

Thanks and Regards.

@raja748 - I would not recommend you to sell off a new car and get an used car unless your car has some major problems. Swift is a very good car and you can always do some mods to make it go faster. and believe me if you go to proper tuners thay can mod the swift to be faster than a stock baleno without much problem.