Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2007, 19:54   #1
BHPian

Is this a good deal (2004 Baleno) ?

Moderator, I am posting this as seperate thread to get quick suggestions.Please allow this posting.

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I visited Truevalue outlet in my area for a Baleno.The details are as follows:

Baleno-LXI;August-2004 model;Colour-White;Running:28600kms
The vehicle is with stock tyres (bridgestone but not tubeless).No filming and no automatic locking system.No fog lamps.

Price quoted by dealer is Rs.4.35 lacs.I bargained with him and got a Sony music system with four speakers and insurance renewal.

Vehicle is in good condition,completely single handed.There are 2-3 small scratches though.I TD the car and found its performance superb.The pic-up and handling is fantastic.There are no cabin sounds and ratteling etc.Cooling is great.But i feel there is some road noise while driving at high speeds.My be because of stock tyres.

I was satisfied,but need suggestions from experts here on following points:

1) is it a right deal for the given price and offer?
2) what are the other things which i need to check?
3) after returning from TD,when the car stopped and engine was off,I noticed some noise like "cut,cut,cut,tik,tik" from the car.The person told me that it is because of catalyc convertor which requires time to cool down.Is this normal with Baleno??
4)I feel battery is not that powerful.Dealer said he will check and if required replace it.Same with wipers.
5)What else I should bargain getting from the dealer?
6)Another thing is there is no rear defogger or wiper,is this a cause to worry?

I ruled out OHC as there is only one dealer in Pune and it is nearly 25-28 kms away from my house.So A.S.S.may be a problem.Another thing is ground clearance of OHC.

Please guide me friends as I need to take decision very fast.

Thanks and Regards.
Old 29th September 2007, 23:09   #2
BHPian

I dont know how you will react to this. But I am buying a Baleno Vxi (May 2004) in a very good condition in Kolkata at 2L. This is also a first hand company maintained car. Only thing that can be an issue is it has run 85K. But you wont believe me if you look at the car.
Now I dont know whether I should consider myself lucky or not :-)
Old 30th September 2007, 00:18   #3
Senior - BHPian

High .High . High.The price is on the higher side.Look around and you'll get a much better deal on Baleno. I got mine that too in Bangalore where the prices are on higher side for 4.6L .Including insurance renewal,RC transfer,music system,Leather seats,powere antenna and all those bells and whistles that you can think of in a Baleno and it's 2005 Vxi.So better look around.
Check my request for help on TBHP and you can find some good advices on what to check while looking for a used car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-next-car.html

And check carwale.com, it tells you some approximate prices.according to it the price should be around 3.75 for a good condition Baleno in Pune.
And that tic-toc sound,yes it seems to be common in Balenos.But I don't know if its the cat-con or something else.Experts, any idea ?
Old 30th September 2007, 00:22   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja748 View Post
Moderator, I am posting this as seperate thread to get quick suggestions.Please allow this posting.

Dear Friends,

Yesterday I visited Truevalue outlet in my area for a Baleno.The details are as follows:

Baleno-LXI;August-2004 model;Colour-White;Running:28600kms
The vehicle is with stock tyres (bridgestone but not tubeless).No filming and no automatic locking system.No fog lamps.

Price quoted by dealer is Rs.4.35 lacs.I bargained with him and got a Sony music system with four speakers and insurance renewal.

Vehicle is in good condition,completely single handed.There are 2-3 small scratches though.I TD the car and found its performance superb.The pic-up and handling is fantastic.There are no cabin sounds and ratteling etc.Cooling is great.But i feel there is some road noise while driving at high speeds.My be because of stock tyres.

I was satisfied,but need suggestions from experts here on following points:

1) is it a right deal for the given price and offer?
2) what are the other things which i need to check?
3) after returning from TD,when the car stopped and engine was off,I noticed some noise like "cut,cut,cut,tik,tik" from the car.The person told me that it is because of catalyc convertor which requires time to cool down.Is this normal with Baleno??
4)I feel battery is not that powerful.Dealer said he will check and if required replace it.Same with wipers.
5)What else I should bargain getting from the dealer?
6)Another thing is there is no rear defogger or wiper,is this a cause to worry?

I ruled out OHC as there is only one dealer in Pune and it is nearly 25-28 kms away from my house.So A.S.S.may be a problem.Another thing is ground clearance of OHC.

Please guide me friends as I need to take decision very fast.

Thanks and Regards.
the pricing should not be over 3.6-4lacs
Old 30th September 2007, 10:14   #5
BHPian

The price quoted is high by atleast 50-60K. Better look outside truevalue and you'll get a good deal.
Old 30th September 2007, 12:18   #6
BHPian

What is difference between LXI and VXI

Dear friends,

Please let me know what is difference between Baleno-LXI and VXI.As per the truevalue person it is only power antenna and rear spoiler.

I'll check with carwale.com prices as well.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:04   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prskumar View Post
The price quoted is high by atleast 50-60K. Better look outside truevalue and you'll get a good deal.
I thought it is a good deal as car has run only 28000 kms till date and absolutely in good condition.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:12   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear friends,

Please let me know what is difference between Baleno-LXI and VXI.As per the truevalue person it is only power antenna and rear spoiler.

AFAIK some differences are
Alloys
Climate control
Height adjustable driver's seat along with the aforementioned Power antenna and spoiler.
Baleno owners can help you here.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:19   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Alloys
Climate control
Height adjustable driver's seat along with the aforementioned Power antenna and spoiler.
Thats pretty much about the LXI vs VXI !!

raja748 the price quoted is pretty much in par with the bangy prices. Bangy the prices are a bit too high for 2nd hand cars in comparo to other cities.

Quote:
I bargained with him and got a Sony music system with four speakers and insurance renewal.
Keyword is BARGAIN !! If you can bring it down to 4.10 lacs or so, good deal. Insurance ain't cheap again.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 30th September 2007 at 18:23.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Or drive yourself down to mumbai and pick-up one. The same spec baleno your talking about will be 60k to 70k cheaper here. You could save and put alloys, Hu etc.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:32   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Dear friends,

those were the old vxis when suzuki launched a stripped down version of the baleno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Alloys
Climate control
this came into place after the baleno got the rear clear lens indicators. before that the differences were alloys, antenna, silver accented dash, and height adjustable drivers seat.
Old 30th September 2007, 18:40   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
High .High . High.The price is on the higher side.Look around and you'll get a much better deal on Baleno. I got mine that too in Bangalore where the prices are on higher side for 4.6L .Including insurance renewal,RC transfer,music system,Leather seats,powere antenna and all those bells and whistles that you can think of in a Baleno and it's 2005 Vxi.So better look around.
Check my request for help on TBHP and you can find some good advices on what to check while looking for a used car. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...-next-car.html

And check carwale.com, it tells you some approximate prices.according to it the price should be around 3.75 for a good condition Baleno in Pune.
And that tic-toc sound,yes it seems to be common in Balenos.But I don't know if its the cat-con or something else.Experts, any idea ?
Hi,

Actually my main apprehension in approaching to carwale is:
1.It may not result into accidental vehicle
2.I do not know any good mechanic,so that I can take him alongwith me to check the car
3.Carwale do not provide any warranty as such like truevalue.

God....I am so confused!!!
Old 30th September 2007, 19:09   #13
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned earlier

- power antenna
- silver dash
- height adjustable drivers seat
- alloys
- spoiler

Plus IIRC, it came with
- a factory audio system
- rear defogger
- leather steering and gear knob cover

I don't think it came with the nippon security system.
It never had a rear wiper.
Old 30th September 2007, 19:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raja, no I didn't tell you to buy car from carwale.. I told you to check the prices.Actually there is a option(on right hand side of the website) called "Check my car value". You can use that to check the prices.
Hey, Shuvc, I thought Leather Seat covers and nippon security system does come default with the Vxi, atleast that was what I was told.
Old 30th September 2007, 19:24   #15
Team-BHP Support

the nippon security system did come with the vxi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks