Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2007, 15:40   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
HI All,

I am also planning for a cedia. But confused btw Sports or the new LPG model. Any suggestion would be a great help.
That depends on your priorities. If fuel economy is most important, then LPG is the choice. If you want the sporty looks, then go for the sports.

You can still go for the LPG and add the rear spoiler and skirting later if you want to. However you don't get to have the interiors that are in the sports model.
Old 16th October 2007, 20:28   #17

Wow.... I am full FIDA on the looks of the sports. If I can get the looks (exterior) of the sports and the Economy of LPG.. I will me more than happy. Any idea on how much I will have to spend extra for the Spoiler and skirting.
Old 17th October 2007, 08:54   #18
BHPian

Original Spoiler from HM costs 42K and Lathangi quoted 22k for their supplied one! No point adding spoiler to Select/Spirit. Buy sports instead with leather seating, spoilers, skirting and neat carbon/titanium interiors for 60-70k more.
Old 17th October 2007, 09:47   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Booked Cedia Sports RED todat. Will be taking delivery on Thrusday.(18th).
Congrats buddy.

Good deal and nice sporty color in manchester red!
I got same one and it has that presence on road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
Wow.... I am full FIDA on the looks of the sports. If I can get the looks (exterior) of the sports and the Economy of LPG.. I will me more than happy. Any idea on how much I will have to spend extra for the Spoiler and skirting.
I would recommend Sports...unless economy is absolute must for you.
Remember, you also loose most of boot space with LPG option, so do consider that before making decision.

There are so may new byuers in last few months (including me)
HM has started Cedia Adv. in ToI since last few of weeks.
So looks like HM has finally realisd the need on marketing front.
Old 17th October 2007, 10:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Plasma,
Go for the Sports version..afterall 2.0L engine will run great on petrol than LPG...i was advised so..im trading my lancer to Cedia in Dec
Old 17th October 2007, 12:03   #21

At the outset I thank all of you for your help.

I really love the sports, but just was worried bout the FE. I understand that the LPG version will cost me ~ RS 3/km where as Petrol will cost me ~5/km. Also in view of the increasing oils prices in market, I am sure Petrol will become more and more costly.
As my daily usage if ~50 kms… I feel FE is very imp.
So the best option for me would be Looks of Sports + Economy of LPG but it all depends if I can get the Sports look in the LPG version.
Old 14th February 2008, 14:58   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
Original Spoiler from HM costs 42K and Lathangi quoted 22k for their supplied one! No point adding spoiler to Select/Spirit. Buy sports instead with leather seating, spoilers, skirting and neat carbon/titanium interiors for 60-70k more.
Hi megger,

Lathangi is offering me spoiler for spirit at Rs 15000. Can I get this spoiler ( genuine ones) in grey market in Bangalore? I did not like the dark interior finish of sports ( it is personal likes) and want to stick to spirit but I would like to have sporty look by putting spoiler on it.
Exterior color of sports esp red and yellow are awesome.
Old 14th February 2008, 16:12   #23
Senior - BHPian

You may not be able to find a Cedia spoiler outside as the car is not that common. Also do remember that the Sports model also has skirts all round, clear lens tail lamps, blackened headlamps and extended front/rear bumpers. My personal opinion after seeing one the other day is that a spoiler on the Spirit model would look kinda out of place.
Old 15th February 2008, 15:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Agree with ya R-O-C. Spoiler on Spirit will look kinda out of place, without the front and rear air dams.
Old 17th February 2008, 11:55   #25
BHPian

guys..i had sent my cedia yesterday for getting the number plate put up. They delivered my car within 2 hours. I noticed that there was a mild scratch (whitish). I thought it was powder or something but its got the scraping effect. Although its very small, but that is quite annoying. I know the dealer will never ever admit that they did this. I also don't want to send my car again. The last time I sent them my car for anti rust and teflon with sunfilm, I found the pick up of the car and the overall feeling lesser than what I had experienced for first 4-5 days. Can they mess up with the engine? If yes then how can I check and confirm and what do I do about that minor scratch? I also noticed that the rubber above my gate is not fixed properly.The dealers claim it is similar in all the cars and showed my staff.I really don't have an option

[img=http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/5070/dsc05351ss6.th.jpg]

[img=http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/4614/dsc05356pt1.th.jpg]
Old 18th February 2008, 11:24   #26
Senior - BHPian

First of all, the pics are not really clear enough to see the scratches. But, The dealer MUST make it right and you should insist for that.
With regard to the rubber, even in my car, it looks a bit similar like yours, but, as long as you don't have any leaks while driving, the rubbers are OK. You can find out by closing all windows and opening one and checking the sound level difference. Also while driving, you will get air ingress of the rubber is not OK. If you still have the problem, it must be fixed by the dealer too.
You MUST INSIST on both these to the dealer. You can also write or contact HM directly, if dealers don't respond.
Old 18th February 2008, 12:52   #27
BHPian

CEDIA Sports is true blue rally pedigree... go for it and if performance and experience is the factor then NO TO LPG.....
Old 21st February 2008, 12:56   #28
BHPian

I posted this message the last day in the thread technical stuff (topic basic question about leather seats), but I suppose it did not evoke a general response. So i want to know from my cedia friends what to do about the below:

Hi guys. I went to the car accessory shop to purchase the seat covers for my pearl black select. I did not want to go for pure leather as I don't prefer to use animal product. Therefore I asked him for the best quality substitute for it. The dealer showed me a G-Sport marterial artificial leather and is asking Rs. 7500/- for it. He said it will look as original as pure leather. But after reading the forums here I have two questions:

1) Is 7500/- a lot of money for the artificial cover(although best possible)?Many users say that its around 3500 rs.
2) Does this mean that my car will get heated more?
3) Which other alternatives do you suggest. Another dealer suggested me Stanley.

DO ring in with your suggestions and advice soon because i got to do the needful as soon as possible

Also I am buying the door gaurds and bumper gaurds @ rs. 250 and rs. 600 respectively.

Most Viewed