Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 10:55   #31
BANNED

2 more reasons for Fiesta:

1. ABS: Extremely useful if it snows in your area.
2. Benz Looks: Fiesta rear is lifted out of Benz C/E class. So the unsuspecting might think you have bought a Mercedes
Old 12th October 2007, 11:04   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Benz Looks: Fiesta rear is lifted out of Benz C/E class. So the unsuspecting might think you have bought a Mercedes
Oh my... isnt that a single reason alone on why to buy a Fiesta.
Old 12th October 2007, 11:28   #33
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 it has to be...

Leave alone the NHC i-DSI....even the Vtec is no match for the Fiesta 1.6 when it comes to driving dynamics, steering feedback and brakes. Fuel economy is not as good as the NHC but at around 11 kmpl with AC on in city driving conditions, its not too bad either.
Yes, I agree that in terms of seating comfort and plush feel, the NHC will outdo the Fiesta any day. Maybe it will surpass the Fiesta in terms of reliability quotient as well.

Ask your friend to take test drives of both the NHC and Fiesta and then follow his heart...
Old 12th October 2007, 11:37   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Wow.. now where did that come from?? When did i compare the NHC and Fiesta in performance. Read the post well before you takeoff.
Well, if you say the NHC is powerful & not sluggish & "meets" requirement number 3 vs the Fiesta 1.6, what exactly are you comparing then mate ? And, no offense to any NHC owners but a NHC is sluggish compared to a Fiesta - I agree on the marginally better FE & rear seat space but that's not what point 3 is about
Old 12th October 2007, 11:58   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Well, if you say the NHC is powerful & not sluggish & "meets" requirement number 3 vs the Fiesta 1.6, what exactly are you comparing then mate ?
What is the need for a comparison? IMHO, the NHC has sufficient power and is not sluggish.

Point 3 is
Quote:
3.Should be powerful and not sluggish.
What I interpreted from this statement is that the car should not be underpowered. In my opinion, the NHC is not underpowered. That's what i meant when I said NHC satisfies point 3. I completely agree with you that the Fiesta is more of a drivers car.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:22   #36
BHPian

In terms of fuel efficiency, reliability, front seat comfort, back seat comfort, leg room, overall space, A.C. performance, NVH levels, resale value basically overall comfort, Honda city is much better then Fiesta 1.6.

In terms of outright acceleration, Fiesta1.6 is abt 1.5 second faster to 100 KMPH then Honda city idsi.
So, if he is looking for 0-100 drags/races then fiesta is a car for your friend but otherwise its has to be honda city. let your friend decide what is his priority.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:34   #37
BHPian

OMG...OMG..OMG

This thread is now becoming a Fiesta 1.6 SXI vs NHC threas.BTW,if new NHC is launched mid next year,won't the resale value get affected.This might be another factor when considering the NHC.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:45   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom2_ash View Post
In terms of fuel efficiency, reliability, front seat comfort, back seat comfort, leg room, overall space, A.C. performance, NVH levels, resale value basically overall comfort, Honda city is much better then Fiesta 1.6.
What about the safety aspect? Fiesta 1.6 has an ABS option. Since we arent looking at the VTec, the City doesnt have that trump card.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:48   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Zoom2_ash, except for the FE & resale value, the rest of what you say is purely subjective because there are no numbers to back them up, they are "perception" driven. Honda could consider you as a Brand Ambassador though because I think you'd do an excellent job of hyping the Idsi

Quote:
In terms of outright acceleration, Fiesta1.6 is abt 1.5 second faster to 100 KMPH then Honda city idsi.
So, if he is looking for 0-100 drags/races then fiesta is a car for your friend but otherwise its has to be honda city. let your friend decide what is his priority.
Its not only about outright acceleration, its also about the responsiveness of the engine - but looking at your overall approach, I don't think you'll understand why the Duratec is light years ahead of the Idsi in terms of driving pleasure.

But as Raajiv said, this is turning out to be a Fiesta vs NHC thread so I'm outta here
Old 12th October 2007, 12:52   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I agree on the marginally better FE & rear seat space but that's not what point 3 is about

That's why I asked you to read my post before commenting. As you can see, I was talking about point 4 when I was referring to the better FE and the comfortable interiors of the NHC. As you can clearly see, both points are discussed in different paragraphs.

Quote:
Point 3 is satisfied by NHC. It aint no drivers car, but you can hardly call it sluggish.

Fiesta will struggle with point 4 IMO. It's interiors are pretty cramped for me ( I'm 6'1"). And the suspension is on the stiffer side, maybe to aid handling. IMO, the NHC is the far more comfortable car and it will surely return better FE.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:24   #41
BHPian

@zoom2_ash drivers car just doesn't mean a 0-100 dash you have to consider how responsive the engine is and as well the handling characteristics
Old 12th October 2007, 13:32   #42
BHPian

Suman, thanks..i wont mind the job(brand ambassador for Honda City)..
Anyways, i agree that comfort level is a subjective thing but then its so obvious in this case that one has to say this...I think i have read the numbers also in some magzine in terms of leg room, shoulder room etc...

@benbsb, yes ABS is another plus in fiesta 1.6 if he decides to opt for that.

@Rajiv, if new city is launched in next year or whenever, it may have an impact on the resale value. important point but i am more then 100% sure that it will still be better then Ford rest only time can confirm.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:49   #43
BHPian

@yogi1771, agreed but then city never feels underpower or less reponsive in most of the conditions. Infact its one of the best sedans to drive within city.

Difference is only felt if you want to drag it with a faster car.

Even on highways, i agree it is less responsive then Fiesta1.6 or verna VGT but it doesnt mean that its slow or sluggish...no way...

My point is that if engine performance and acceleration is a priority then fiesta is the choice but if thats not the case then overall Honda city is a better car whether its comfort, handling(on par with Fiesta), gear box or even suspension. I found fiestas suspension bit too stiff.
Old 12th October 2007, 14:44   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
What about the safety aspect? Fiesta 1.6 has an ABS option. Since we arent looking at the VTec, the City doesnt have that trump card.
Guess when will Honda realise that even people are looking at the IDSI/CVT engines to have ABS.
Old 12th October 2007, 14:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Honda city is a better car whether its comfort, handling(on par with Fiesta), gear box or even suspension. I found fiestas suspension bit too stiff.
I disagree with you on the three counts highlighted above. Not sure what you are referring to when you say "handling" but the NHC GXI is not built to be a handler under any circumstances other than a straight line metalled road. The Fiesta's gearbox & gearshift are one of the best I have experienced amongst all the cars that I've driven in this category. As far as the suspension - you could say the Ikon's suspension was stiff, I find the Fiesta's to be soft in comparison, the NHC is super-soft IMHO

Last edited by suman : 12th October 2007 at 15:06.

Most Viewed