Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2007, 13:32   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_fonseca View Post
With 7.9 L in hand might as well go in for a new one and have peace of mind as well.
What is the price of a new one? Sorry, I don't know, but assumed it would be around 9.
Old 22nd October 2007, 16:59   #17
BHPian

Yep, 9L. Still not keeping my eyes closed to other options though.
A few calls I made today uncovered a few Accent CRDis 2005 - 2006 for around 6L and a Logan D for ~6L.
Also a 2006 Baleno for 5.5L. Beautiful car, but not suitable for my daily usage.
Sorry guys, but I am not in the best state of mind after two months of waiting for a Swift D.
Old 22nd October 2007, 17:07   #18
BHPian

I dont advise buying the car but incase you have already finalized, check the cars credinials and records with the RTO to confirm it doesnt have any pending cases. And 7.9 Lacs for it is very steep. Go in for a new one instead.
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Pitbull, budget does not seem to be a constraint for you.
Why don't you use the oldest of methods to get an out-of-turn quick/instant delivery of the Swift D?
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:31   #20
Senior - BHPian

OMG! No, not the used Verna. And definitely not for 7.9L if you suspect an accident.
Old 22nd October 2007, 18:36   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Pitbull, budget does not seem to be a constraint for you.
Why don't you use the oldest of methods to get an out-of-turn quick/instant delivery of the Swift D?
On the contrary, mate, budget is of prime importance to me. I had originally set a 6L limit for the car. A little extra for a lot more power, I don't mind paying
As for the oldest method, I've tried my best as well, to try to get the Maruti salesman to read my subtle and no so subtle hints.
Apparently though he misread my intentions. Today I found out I actually moved back one place on the wait list and my delivery is probably happening sometime in December.
Old 22nd October 2007, 20:51   #22
BHPian

The swift D is worth the wait buddy. Even though the delivery is in december you would have peace of mind. And with a little more $$ and pete & green ,the potential for power is tempting..
Old 22nd October 2007, 21:16   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1tBull View Post
Apparently though he misread my intentions. Today I found out I actually moved back one place on the wait list
That's not misreading, that's exactly what I'm talking about!
You should be talking to the Manager, not a salesman.
Old 23rd October 2007, 19:24   #24
BHPian

Actually I can't really be bothered anymore with Maruti now.
Went to see a Logan DLS today which I really liked.

5 months old, 5k km done and the owner is asking 6.25L. He told me he's selling because he wants to buy a Scorpio.
The car itself was a good drive, pretty decent low end torque. Couldn't really test the mid and high ranges as I was in the city.
The mileage is 14 kmpl in city with 100 % a/c which is decent. Not the greatest but not bad either.
The car is clean though, beautiful on the outside and no signs of any accident with tinted glasses and leather seats.
The things I really liked about this car is the onboard computer and the space. I could pack me, my wife and the family cow (if I had one) in this car and still fit in some people.
Just should get the car checked by a mechanic and I think I have a deal.
The car is under hypothecation to a bank which will be cleared and the NoC obtained before I buy it.

Most Viewed