Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2007, 12:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

I would say Skoda is a better bet - 18000 Km's run Skoda is a s good as new. These engines are good for Lacs of Km's.

I feel truly the Skoda is a segment apart even if it is aging now.

Magnum, new yes again is a very good car BUT resale is really bad. So if you are not bothered with the resale - go for the Magnum.
Old 24th October 2007, 13:11   #17

anandrs, I was looking at the car from Sundaram, Sundaram service reviews seem ok so far. Some people say Magnum Re-sale will not be as bad as the other Chevy cars. That we dont know yet....
Old 24th October 2007, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

the skoda - as has been previously pointed out, is high on maint. However, I would suggest checking on carwale to see the approximate value of the car. Get it checked out. most importantly, take it for a drive and see how it feels. If it feels good, compare it to the magnum. Now, since you are going to be driving the car, it is best left to you to decide the car based on your factors. While driving, check the manuverability, pickup and be a judge.
My vote goes with the Skoda but ( )
Old 25th October 2007, 16:46   #19
BHPian

If performance is one your prime requirements, go for the magnum bro.
Old 25th October 2007, 17:54   #20
BHPian

[quote=androdev;603466]
Octavia is tried and tested - very successful car in several tough markets

In the Gulf, and in the UK, two markets I have some familiarity with, Skoda has no great image.

i am not recommending any particular car, but just trying to counter the bias towards magnums, cities, civics, swifts on this forum.

disclaimer: i am a skoda owner.

Who's got a bias then? But a little unfair, mate, I think people who have made recommendations based on their actual experiences with the car can't be said to have a bias.

Last edited by filcord : 25th October 2007 at 17:57.
Old 25th October 2007, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
In the Gulf, and in the UK, two markets I have some familiarity with, Skoda has no great image.
Honda also does not have a great image in the gulf. And though Toyota has a very good reputation in the gulf, we don't really discuss so much about the corolla. UK is warming up to Skoda though I would say that civic is better off in UK than skoda. But these are not tough/comparable markets to India. For eg: the fuel prices in gulf.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks