Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2004, 14:57   #16
BANNED

petra - nonono tooo ugly and oldy.
ikon - i already have a 1.3 one and its crap
baleno - no ways i might as well buy a esteem VXI black
honda city is what i am working for now GXI OR EXI i dont mind either. also y do ppl not like the esteem so its old and everything but still is the car good enough when u are on a budget i mean u are gettin everything in the vxi. how many have seen the new esteem vxi in black. i wud like to know this kinda lost maruti is good after all. whens the FABIA out then ?
santros we are gettin for company. thts y my dad said 3 santros i said no and cancelled one. car department in my hands. hehehe
Old 25th August 2004, 15:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

baleno VFM
NHC vale for technology
esteem crap n yes seen black (owned 2 esteems, and friends have multiple examples of these) any day voutch the IKON over them
Old 25th August 2004, 23:21   #18
BANNED

this is weird. esteem owners dont like their own car. i dunno y i liked it then. so if i dont get the honda i might have to get a small car like santro xing or wagon R wud that b better than esteem. so so so lost
Old 29th August 2004, 01:28   #19
BANNED

hunting for a few more options. at this point the money is still on the following.

honda city EXI or GXI
maruti esteem VXI
maruti wagon R VXI
hyundai santro topline whtever its called.

and the soon comin
hyundai getz
skoda fabia

i like all of the following small car included if i dont get a big one ill settle in for a small car this year.
Old 29th August 2004, 02:17   #20
Senior - BHPian

Jesal , looking at all yr option , i would suggest u to first decide a budget
Yr options range from the wagonR *to esteems to honda city.

Btw , if u willing to wait the Getz will be out by max Sept end
Price for base model on road mumbai individual reg will be close to 4.75 and 5.60 for the top end . Still have no idea abt the trims or features in any of the models to be launched.

Also , I have heard that ford is increasing the power of its Ikon to 100 Ponies at no extra cost ( no confirmation yet)

Esteem is truly a driver's car, but the ride quality is not so good.
If its gonna be yr personal car , its worth it , but not worth as a family car.
ANd yes the black color in Esteem looks awesome.

Old 29th August 2004, 02:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Aug. 23 2004,12:04)]Jesal,

Dont go for the Esteem. Its a 15 year old design, terribly outdated, no interior room and pathetic ride quality. The only thing good is acceleration in a straight line, fuel efficiency and the Maruti backing.

Go for the Baleno. Its a whole generation newer and is priced very competitively right now.

GTO
no doubt the baleno is better,but arent the spares still expensive.
frankly speaking ,after the VTEC,cannot think of any particular car .maybe the baleno will come somewat near .
the new city is also terrific,but however good it may be,the 1.5 vtec still rules
Old 29th August 2004, 04:30   #22
BANNED

there is no exact budget but im guessing under 7 max. but i can put the rest in . and buy whtever. it is a personal car since im not replacing any of my car. its gonna be a adddon. 5.5 for getz not at all worth esteem is far better only test drive is left now. the point is all cars are 2 months waiting so i have no option but to wait. baleno i went to see today total crap . i hate it so much dont care about the engine no matter how good it might be. looks is first thing to me. perfomance can come in laterz. i know this site is for perfomance but i stay in a country where one lane has 3000 potholes and papers claim the whole city has only 3000. its lame so no place to run.
Old 29th August 2004, 04:44   #23
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Aug. 29 2004,03:00)]i know this site is for perfomance but i stay in a country where one lane has 3000 potholes and papers claim the whole city has only 3000. its lame so no place to run.
Very true man..very true.
Old 29th August 2004, 13:50   #24
BANNED

thx for the backup rj. . i thought ppl are gonna hate me here after what i said . neways sup with ur accent delivery. i hear crdi is good. i already have a petrol so i cant think of getting the same again. or mayb i can accent is excellent. neways nemore car choices available in 2 months pplz that i dont know about yet,
Old 30th August 2004, 02:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

If looks matter to u , I must say that the Baleno looks better than the Esteem except that 6 inch by 6 inch spot (taillights .)

If u like the black esteem , Black Baleno looks even better .
Sorry to be insisting again on the baleno , but cant help.
Please give it a second thought buddy.
Old 30th August 2004, 03:37   #26
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Aug. 29 2004,12:20)]thx for the backup rj. i thought ppl are gonna hate me here after what i said neways sup with ur accent delivery. i hear crdi is good. i already have a petrol so i cant think of getting the same again. or mayb i can accent is excellent.
Hahahaha..people might hate you jesal but that doesn't change the facts. With such craters on the road where will you run it ! * *But I'll back up others on their decision of going against the esteem. I mean please the esteem just looks crap now & is the most horribly cramped car ! Plus 3-4yrs down the line resale would be terrible 'coz I hope Maruti stops making the Esteem by then. * *
Anyway about the Accent delivery, I'm getting it on wednesday or thursday for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]neways nemore car choices available in 2 months pplz that i dont know about yet,
Maybe you could try the Fusion. I liked the bodystyle(at least in ACI pics) & something different.

Old 1st September 2004, 19:55   #27
BANNED

ok so i jus finished a deal for my bro for a esteem. and back to my car hunt. 2 options only im puttin in for now yea not counting honda since if i force my dad i can get that. out of wagon R VXI and esteem VXI. which 1 will u ppl go for. this is what i wanna see now. wagon r i saw and liked but no power windows in the rear even in top line model. [img]http://www.team-bhp.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/***.gif[/img]
Old 6th September 2004, 18:17   #28
BHPian

shld get a getz instead...
Old 7th September 2004, 10:14   #29
BANNED

yea i know im chilled about it as well. waiting for getz as well. but i know for sure the day its lauched it will be on a 3 month waiting. after all hyundai, the best here i guess eh?
Old 7th September 2004, 12:16   #30
BHPian

but i think the wait wud be worth it. as getz is anyday a better model i think compared to a decade and half old esteem and odd ball wagon r... ofcourse its again on ur priorities.

Most Viewed