Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2004, 01:31   #1
BANNED

New car choices

ok so after searching for a while and getting bored doing it. i did not find a good VTEC. and im done for. so neways im gettin a new car and i have pulled down 2 choices for now. the new maruti esteem VXI or Honda city EXI. i also want to see the skoda fabia and marutis new car comin out. i still have some time to get it. i wanted to know if the esteem vxi comes with standard alloys, and what all do u get it. i think its a gr8 VFM. does ne1 here own the new esteem also before i go for a test drive i wanna know what all comes standard in car . im lost is esteem a good buy this is gonna be a personal car. looks are kinda imp but the budget is tight so chuck it. i saw the new black esteem looks hell good. so gimme some nice sites or any mags. that have published the review to the esteem. anything will do. thx a lot.
Old 23rd August 2004, 02:01   #2
Senior - BHPian

the esteem vxi does not come with alloys as standard fitment .

the vxi has the following major features over the LXi

1. rear power windows
2. central locking
3. wooden central console
4. rear defogger
5. rear spoiler with brake light
6. kenwood stereo
7. body side strip
8. wheel caps

This is all I can remember of

But why dont u go for the Baleno ,
A friend of mine got one ( Baleno LXI)for 5.90 flat without any loan , full down payment. its thane individual registration

The Baleno will be a better substitute since u were looking for a VTec

the baleno is extremely reliable car with the combi of power and FE
Old 23rd August 2004, 13:29   #3
BANNED

hi, thx for reply. in the ads its the car is with alloys neways. no baleno plz its so ugly atleast the new esteem looks good in black with chrome alloys . lets see i gotta get the new prices today. do u have the new esteem or have info about it. kindly let me know. i wanna see the interiors of the new one as well. thx , hoping for some more response.
Old 23rd August 2004, 13:34   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Jesal,

Dont go for the Esteem. Its a 15 year old design, terribly outdated, no interior room and pathetic ride quality. The only thing good is acceleration in a straight line, fuel efficiency and the Maruti backing.

Go for the Baleno. Its a whole generation newer and is priced very competitively right now.

GTO
Old 23rd August 2004, 13:43   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

I would suggest the new honda city anyday, u cant really compare a maruti to a Honda! Since i own 3 new honda citys even though i hate the front end looks shows that there is something about the car ...and that something lies in the interiors.Once u sit inside the car u will forget how ugly it is on the outside, its amazing how such a small car can have so much space inside and plus have a huge boot. The drive is also really good,enough power to push into those gaps in city driving.Alll in all i feel that car lives up to its name CITY coz it has the perfect size and responce u need for metro city driving
Old 23rd August 2004, 13:53   #6
Team-BHP Support

Esteem dont, Honda go for it, or u looka at Ikon and Accent
Old 23rd August 2004, 14:00   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Aug. 23 2004,00:01)]i also want to see the skoda fabia and marutis new car comin out. i still have some time to get it.
Some information about the Skoda Fabia : I talked to a dealer in Chennai , Millenium motors which sells Skoda cars here. According to him *the Fabia will be out mostly in Jan 2005 and will be priced around 7-8 lacs.

-Beetle
Old 23rd August 2004, 14:04   #8
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]
I would suggest the new honda city anyday, u cant really compare a maruti to a Honda! Since i own 3 new honda citys even though i hate the front end looks shows that there is something about the car ...and that something lies in the interiors.Once u sit inside the car u will forget how ugly it is on the outside, its amazing how such a small car can have so much space inside and plus have a huge boot. The drive is also really good,enough power to push into those gaps in city driving.Alll in all i feel that car lives up to its name CITY coz it has the perfect size and responce u need for metro city driving

Apologies Jesal, overlooked the fact that NHC was one of the options. Thought you were only contemplating teh Esteem.

GTO
Old 23rd August 2004, 16:39   #9
BANNED

ok so i just got back from maruti showroom. they have no esteem to show or testdrive, neways i saw a black one at some car acc. shop was kinda nice and cute. dunno y. this is the best part though. new esteem vxi is on 2 months waiting while the new honda city is on 3 months waiting. this is jokes man. to by that time its december. i might as well buy a car in jan then atleast i get 2005 reg on it then. i lost now. i like the honda GXI but way outta budget i feel. sheesh no options left. my dad will buy 3 santros asap. 2 are for company btw. ghrrrr am very angry and looks low that i shall be gettin a new car this year now. what to do. . ne more choices under 7 laks besides the optra. for now im still sticking with esteem vxi or city exi, unless the Getz or fabia come in good prices.
Old 23rd August 2004, 17:41   #10
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (jesal @ Aug. 23 2004,15:09)]ne more choices under 7 laks besides the optra.
How bout the Petra petrol ?? Available for 5.24L w/ PS CL PW & 100bhp!

R

Old 23rd August 2004, 18:53   #11
BHPian

another option could be the josh machine - ford ikon 1.6.
if you are looking for driving pleasure, then this IMO is arguably the best you can find this side of 7 lacks.
Old 23rd August 2004, 20:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

Jesal , sorry to be insisting again,

But still I would like u to give the Baleno a consideration
IMO , the front end is fine , if the back looks bland to u , put in Some imported taillight , with minor mods or cutting in the body, this will not be more than 10 k max

the baleno is the best VFM today, even better VFM than the Petra IMO,

At 5.90 with discounrts , its a steal .
Old 23rd August 2004, 21:37   #13
Senior - BHPian

I think its best to go for Honda and u could also consider Ikon 1.6 the drivers car.
Old 23rd August 2004, 21:45   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

well jesal
i guess the baleno is the perfect car for u ...
specially with some meaty tyres on alloys .....
even the petra is quite good...
the ikon an accent are just not as good as the petra ....
even the esteem sux in comparision..
if u cant afford the city gxi then petra an balenoare the best options one has....
btw
the vxi has a silver centre console not a wooden one....

p.s - why is ure dad gettin santros..
wagonR is better so is palio
jus curious...
unless ure dad like my bro who was hell bent on the santro

Old 23rd August 2004, 23:17   #15
Senior - BHPian

Esteem is absolute crap!!! As Gto said,pretty outdated.

Baleno or NHC seem to be the best possible choices....and they wud last in the market for atleast another decade.

IMO,Go for a Baleno.Good set of mags,broader tyres and sum skirts and a decent spoiler.Killer.....Its already regarded as the next V-tec.
Make ur choice.

Most Viewed