Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2004, 11:26   #1

Hello Everyone! I am the newest member of this group!!! Need your help to finalize my car.

I am planning to buy a C+ segment car and shortlisted Optra 1.8 LT and Corolla H2(For some reason I don't like Diesel Vehicles, so Octavia is out). But I simply couldn't finalize the car and its too confusing. I am basically looking for a car that is good in overall all-round performance with a decent Fuel Economy.

The opinion that I have now is, after lot of research,
> Optra - *Good overall performance but poor mileage and unknown reliability.
> Corolla - Excellent engine, good Fuel Economy but poor interior, poor suspension and poor road handling.

Could you guys please suggest me which one should I buy considering these facts,
> I am a novice when it comes to cars,
> I am not a kind of driver who is interested only in all-out screaming type of cars,
> I expect my car to give me a decent mileage.

I am gonna decide based on your feedback, so pleaseee..........you know what I mean

Also could someone tell me,
> What is the Fuel Efficiency(mileage) of both Optra 1.8 and Corolla in City and Highways under normal driving conditions?
> Any idea when Honda Civic coming to India(Could wait if its coming with in few months)?

Thanks.

Old 22nd November 2004, 13:11   #2
Team-BHP Support

Octavia 1.8 Turbo Petrol Rider trim Rs. 12.78Lca on the road Mumbai. it is a RS withtout the sunroof, spoiler, headlight washers etc.

hope this helps

Old 22nd November 2004, 14:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]Any idea when Honda Civic coming to India(Could wait if its coming with in few months)?
U might wanna do that. According to mags, the Civic could be launched with a 1.7 ltr 120 bhp Vtec engine and hopefully a 2ltr 155 bhp i-vtec engine. While the 1.7 would be a decent performaer with very good FE, the 2ltr version could end up doing what the City Vtec did, kill the competition!!!

Shan2nu

Most Viewed