Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2004, 22:36   #16
Team-BHP Support

clearance is only part of the issue. the octi's suspension is stiffer than usual and i guess that keeps it from hitting the speed breakers as long as the DRIVER is sensible. BTW some tactile driver hit my octi while it was parked. i was afraid it would happen.
Old 19th November 2004, 05:28   #17
BHPian

K Im having to wait frustratingly long for my red octi as they say it has a wait of over 2months and have been promised to have it delivered by 1st week dec but till then here is something to chew on;
Mail from Star Performance mods;
"I can come to India to chip cars, provided you can get enough numbers. If you send me your ecu box I will remap & send it back to you. I can remap Diesel & petrol cars along with Merc & bmw Audi, vw & seat. The 150bhp may be throttle cable & non vct also the early 150bhp had the Ko3 & not the Ko3s.
Hope to here from you, has I said I will come over to chips cars"

Hopefully I find nuff takers for it.

Regards,
Satyam.
Old 19th November 2004, 14:18   #18
BHPian

Skoda
Octavia RS 180bhp +20 bhp £511.13
Octavia 1.8T 150bhp +30 bhp £511.13

The above is from the superchips site. From the above, there are 2 skoda models, the 1.8 turbo which is being sold in india and the Rs with 180bhp in stock trim.

Or is the octavia turbo being sold in india, actually the RS with 180bhp, which has been turned down to 150bhp to accomodate indian low octane gas?
Old 19th November 2004, 15:42   #19
BHPian

Hi BikerSG,

What I know about superchips is that it is just a scam i.e. all it does is pass more fuel to the car instead of actually re-mapping each parameter of the car, everyone I have spoken to who have chipped skodas recommended to re-map the full ecu instead of just installing a superchip which only fingers with the fuel supply of the car.

Regards,
Satyam.

Old 19th November 2004, 18:27   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (fasbond1412 @ Nov. 14 2004,16:10)]even a esteem touches the grond having 170mm ground clearance ur bound to ruin the underbody of the OCtavia however i suggest u buy the car as its amazin and increase its height.. or drive damn slow over the breakers then it might juss pass widout scrubbing it anwayz all the best for ur decision dreamer
shouldnt there be a norm in making the speed breakers...i mean what is the allowed international height for the spped breakers. they just make it as if it is a launching pad for bikes and cars for outer space..!
they ought to be named "carbreakers" instead!
Old 20th November 2004, 03:32   #21
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ Nov. 19 2004,15:57)]shouldnt there be a norm in making the speed breakers...i mean what is the allowed international height for the spped breakers. they just make it as if it is a launching pad for bikes and cars for outer space..!
Hi Vishnu,

Actually there are official guidelines for everything related to the road, including speedbreaker height and curvature, minimum radius for a curved road at a certain speed etc etc.
However, when does anything in India ever follow the norms?

cya
R
Old 20th November 2004, 13:33   #22
Team-BHP Support

i would be wary of any chipping unless recomended by Skoda. ofcourse engines are detuned for specific markets but upchipping an engine is more complex that one thinks. besides we in india are still to get 93octace reliably.

1. i would love to have a 180HP RS instead of the 150HP one. prvided the soruce is reliable and it can run on 93 octane.

2. given the speeds we can achieve with the 150HP RS do we really need more. between potholes, traffic and pedestrians i dont see where one can drive over 100kmph for any extended period of time (15 mins) in mumbai atleast.
Old 21st November 2004, 15:41   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (navin @ Nov. 20 2004,11:03)]1. i would love to have a 180HP RS instead of the 150HP one. prvided the soruce is reliable and it can run on 93 octane.
Navin, Jim from Star Performance Mod's would be here in India to chip the cars in person so it is safe for sure, and also 93RON is good enough for 180+Bhp according to him.

Satyam.
Old 24th November 2004, 15:51   #24
BHPian

I've not faced any ground clerance issues with my RS since the last 1 month that I've got it.

Important to note that since the RS has 16 inch wheels, the clearance is much more than the regular Octavia's which have 15 in wheels. I did not know this but noticed this when I saw both cars next to each other at the showroom

Vikram
Old 24th November 2004, 15:58   #25
BHPian

sbfx,

the only way to get more power out of any engine is to burn more fuel. To burn more fuel, u need more air. thats the job of turbo's and super's.

It is not possible to get more than 5-10% power without fiddling with air and fuel quantity!

SO if superchip(ping) does increase the amount of fuel, it will surely be upping the boost pressure too! And thats anyway the only way to get more power.

If you are advising me that superchips is not a reliable company, then thanks for the tip, I'll be wary of dealing with them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks