Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2007, 22:32   #1
BHPian

Cedia or Corolla

I am in the confusion between choosing cedia or corolla. I am impressed with the looks of cedia and also going through the threads of cedia has a good rating. Its also 3 lakhs cheaper than corolla H2.

But corolla wins on features and also now they have a good happy scheme.

So which one to go with is the confusion now.

Guys which one will you go for. Cedia or Corolla???
Old 15th November 2007, 09:21   #2
BHPian

Cedia...all the way.
Old 15th November 2007, 09:46   #3
BHPian

Both are fine cars and on team-bhp you will find a strong bias towards the Mitsubishi cars.

The advantage with Cedia is the price and good VFM comfort. The rally heritage is also a point in its favor. The biggest disadvantage is (I am gonna get killed for this) is that it is an old motor. A 2 litre engine pumping out 115 bhp. It is more than enough for the roads here but really does not set records for advancements in engine technology.

The corolla on the other had is quite a refined car. Nice hassle free alternative which gives you relatively better power and a more advanced machinery on the whole. It is slated to be replaced next year though and that is a big negative but then I think Mitsubishi would also be probably thinking of doing something about the Lancer and Cedia in the not too distant future.

Just to add to the confusion: What prevents you from giving Optra a look in?
Old 15th November 2007, 09:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

Bottomline...
If you wanna drive and have fun, go for Cedia...
If you want a car for your family or you want to be driven around by chauffeur, go gor a Corolla..

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 15th November 2007 at 09:48.
Old 15th November 2007, 09:50   #5
BHPian

HI,

Best thing is you test drive both and then decide. As far as features are concerned, just evaluate whether its with paying extra 3 lacs for those added features on corolla H2. I picked up cedia sports for my self .
Old 15th November 2007, 09:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Bottomline...
If you wanna drive and have fun, go for Cedia...
If you want a car for your family or you want to be driven around by chauffeur, go gor a Corolla..
Corolla can be perfectly self-driven also, as I do
In case your mind is made up for Cedia, then go ahead. But for Corolla, I would suggest at least a H2 (manual) or H3 (automatic).
Old 15th November 2007, 09:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

quality, price, service, resale

1.) Toyota has the somewhat better quality vehicle and the
proven reputation. Toyota and Honda are 1 and 2 in the world for
quality in this venue.
2.) Cedia (Mitsubishi) has a huge 3 lac advantage in purchase price.
3.) Toyota has a very good service network but neither vehicle has
widespread service or spares.
4.) Toyota will yield a better resale price.

This is a tough one. But it is probably a choice between 2 good things so I do not think you will hurt yourself too much either way.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:42   #8
VMG
BHPian

My suggestion is go for Cedia sports. I bought it last month and i am enjoying every moment. It has all the features in Corolla expect the temp. control. Cedia is great in handling, excellent brake and very comfortable and it is around 3L less. If you take a additional warranty and it covers 3 years or 60k.
Go for Cedia.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:43   #9
BANNED

Gun in for the bullet-proof Corolla. My dad drives a Corolla H2 2004 , its clocked 1,25,000 on the ODO and still running strong.I have driven 60% of the ODO reading and my driving style is hit the redline.Performance is still as good as a new car and no worries about mielage. Get 11kmpl constant with 100% A/C.

Two of ma friends are owning Cedia Sport and have got very bad feedback from them. I dont know about other states but in Bangalore toyota is offering upto 50,000Rs. + Cash discounts on all the corolla models.

Resale, dont even worry about it, Toyota never lets you down. We have had dealers asking our car for 7Lakhs+ .

Also, the comfort levels in this car is just mind-blowing. Seating is spot-on and you will never regret for this wise choice.
Old 15th November 2007, 10:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
Gun in for the bullet-proof Corolla. My dad drives a Corolla H2 2004 , its clocked 1,25,000 on the ODO and still running strong.I have driven 60% of the ODO reading and my driving style is hit the redline.Performance is still as good as a new car and no worries about mielage. Get 11kmpl constant with 100% A/C.
Slightly OT, but as a fellow Corolla owner with 13K on the odo that is reassuring. Since your car has run for 1.25 lakh in good condition even with you touching the redline (which I do not), I need your help on this:
1. Do you get wheel aligned with Bridgestone/Toyota/any reputed shop. Toyota service involves paperwork, prior appointments, etc. At what interval. And do you get your wheels crossed.
2. Which spec engine oil do you use-Toyota's Genuine Motor Oil 15W/40 mineral or some other.
3. Apart from routine service, what else do you insist on, eg, fixing body rattles if any, suspension, etc.

Would really appreciate your advice even if it is on PM.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:18   #11
Senior - BHPian

Hi shyam, i would vote for cedia. I have used corolla in the past, but considering the pricing part cedia leads. But there are more corollas on the road than cedias. Either its lack of proper promotion from mitsubishi or agreesive nature of toyota in the market. When confusion arises between 2 brands, best is to test drive both ignoring the price part and decide. Asking opinions can only add to the confusion. Voting is not a criteria to bring out the best. If that was, India would have been the best country to live in.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bad feedback in Cedia..????

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittalnrv View Post
Two of ma friends are owning Cedia Sport and have got very bad feedback from them. .
Dear Vittal,
I am quite eager to know what kind of bad feedbacks you got from your friends???
This is first time on teambhp, someone is giving 'negative feedback' on Cedia and it would help all of us to know...
Old 15th November 2007, 11:23   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dear Vasudeva,
I don't dispute that Corolla can also be self-driven without any difficulty.
My observation is Corolla is kind of old fashioned and in general is chauffeur driven. It has great comfort in riding and perfect as a family car, no doubt about it...
My point is if you weigh between enjoying your driving against comfort and other factors, Cedia has an edge over Corolla...
Old 15th November 2007, 11:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Dear Vasudeva,
I don't dispute that Corolla can also be self-driven without any difficulty.
My observation is Corolla is kind of old fashioned and in general is chauffeur driven. It has great comfort in riding and perfect as a family car, no doubt about it...
My point is if you weigh between enjoying your driving against comfort and other factors, Cedia has an edge over Corolla...
I do enjoy a lot driving an AT Corolla, as most people who own one do. I have not driven a Cedia ever so cannot comment on that. But I can vouch that as far as driving a Corolla is concerned, it has precise feedback, no feeling of twitchiness or instability at high speeds (100 kmph), great `practical' acceleration without the need to press hard on the pedal, good visibility because of higher seating (important to me since I am only 163 cms in height), very good ability to zip thru traffic and gaps, well-weighted steering that feels nimble at low speeds and stable at high, feeling of being well planted and being straight seated at tight corners, and more.

Perhaps Cedia has this and more for it being a better drive in your opinion.
Old 15th November 2007, 11:35   #15
BHPian

i don't get it..... why buy a car that's bound to be phased out soon anddd costs 3L more than the other option??

corolla is a fantastic car..... good mileage, good power seems a little old fashioned though.
cedia has good handling, decent power, fresh looks and is 3L cheaper.

my vote is for the cedia.

Most Viewed