Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2007, 15:45   #31
Senior - BHPian

dont be worried about 2-3 kmpl mileage diff from model to model.just imagine if you travell 200 km without noticing a 2 pound diff in tyre pressure you loose the same fuel.be more worried about comfort and handling and *** etc .

ram
Old 26th November 2007, 21:25   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
dont be worried about 2-3 kmpl mileage diff from model to model.just imagine if you travell 200 km without noticing a 2 pound diff in tyre pressure you loose the same fuel.be more worried about comfort and handling and *** etc .

ram
My order:

1. SX4
2. City
3. Fiesta
4. Verna
5. Aveo
Old 26th November 2007, 23:09   #33
BHPian

The ride quality is an oft discussed subject vis-a-vis an SX4. Well I test drove almost everything in the segment (barring the nHC) and i found the SX4 to be on the harsher side. But it is DEFINITELY NOT UNBEARABLE. It is composed even though it does transmit undulations, much MUTED albeit.
I find this attitude much confidence inspriing on the road at speed. I was riding on the highway recently and in a carpet smooth road out of nowhere there appeared a pothole(about a feet in diameter). It was too late for me to brake and i just went through at 80.
THe wheels just thumped and there was not even much shock transmitted into the cabin. All of the passengers who heard me wince at the sight of the pothole were quite surprised that we came out without a jolt.
My other car Santro would have happily lost track and jumped few feet off left or right and given a heart in the mouth scare to all passengers.

The ride composure is definitely a big plus. The height is a bigger plus. You ride almost on the same height as an Innova. Ingress and egress is very easy especially if you have elders who use the back seat. That being said, if you are someone who likes sport cars. You MUST MuST Consider the Fiesta 1.6 SXI.
Here is my Prescription
SPORTY; COOL CAR: FIESTA 1.6 SXI
EXECUTIVE : YoU WANNA BE DIFFERENT: SAFE OPTION: CHEAPER MAINTENANCE:VALUE FOR MONEY MARUTI SX4 (NO one gives airbags, alloys, funky stereo, ABS, Climate control for this money)
MILEAGE: Verna / Fiesta diesel
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:14   #34
BHPian

i agree with you suzuki has not built its outer metal sheet as good as toyota

Quote:
Originally Posted by DineshKanna View Post
Hey guys, i have done 5000 Kms in my SX4 and i have done my second free service yesterday. The experience was very good with my SX4 zxi and i love the brakes . It has a very good handling in the Highways. My Sx4 gives around 13 Kmpl on an average (includes both city and highways). I feel Suzuki should improve the built especially the outer metal sheets which they use, it is very thin (i can see many small dents on the bonnet and it was due to people rest there hand on the bonnet for cleaning during the water service). This is something that we cannot notice immediately but when you have a deep look then we might notice it.
yeah you are correct ,suzuki quality is not so good compared to companies like toyota, it was proved when maruti gifted the sx4 at the t/20 cup where some players of team india sat on the roof and caused all dents ,not only on the roof but other places too
Old 4th December 2007, 19:05   #35
BHPian

Everyone has different opinions some feel the sx4 is good, some the aveo some the city ,some the verna and some the fiesta,it is upto you to choose which car will suit your lifestyle
Old 4th December 2007, 19:14   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
yeah you are correct ,suzuki quality is not so good compared to companies like toyota, it was proved when maruti gifted the sx4 at the t/20 cup where some players of team india sat on the roof and caused all dents ,not only on the roof but other places too
Not to prove a point...but last year me and my friends went on a long trip to Hampi and on teh way back travelled through water filled areas....washed away roads and a lot of dirt..all due to a piece of road that got washed away in flash floods..

My Baleno didnt develop a single rattle...while my friend's corrolla developed rattles and he had to replace something on his front wheel too .....
Old 4th December 2007, 19:30   #37
BHPian

it was proved when maruti gifted the sx4 at the t/20 cup where some players of team india sat on the roof and caused all dents ,not only on the roof but other places too

Not only SX4, most of the brands will fail the test of our Cricket players(15 people jump and sit in the top [15*75= 1125 kgs] ]

Its not fair by putting 1000 kilos on top of any Car.. Even it is a Merc.........
Old 5th December 2007, 13:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

I test drived the SX4 when it was initially launched. I want to share my experience.
All these comments are based on my personal experience!

Pros:
1. Nice wider tyres and good ground clearance. (Good for indian roads & conditions)
2. Boot space is too good

Cons:
1. Not a drivers car. No where close to the Aveo/Fiesta.
2. Poor torque curve. Never i could feel the 100 BHP mentioned in the specs.
3. A pillar position... Might not be harmful if you are driving in US/European countries. But for our indian conditions where you drive between unpredictable drivers, the A Pillar positioning in the SX4 is Critical.
4. Build quality is bad. (The cabin light assembly could be easily moved left and right. This was the condition in the display vehicle and not the TD vehicle)
5. Problem with closing the boot. (Same display vehicle)
6. Seats doesnt give good lumbar support or thigh support. (I assume it would be painful while taken for long trips)
Old 5th December 2007, 21:47   #39
BHPian

i would like you all to see a comparison between all of these models along with variants similarly priced.

Car On road price delhi bhp/tor mileage in city 0-100kmph alloys leather door mirror CD/MP3 player fog lamps

aveo 1.6LT 7.49 102/14.98 9.8 12.43 yes no electric 1/MP3 yes
city Gxi 7.94 77/12.8 10.9 13.11 no no electric 1/MP3 no
fiesta 1.6zxi 7.35 101.14.6 9.6 11.43 no no internal 1 yes
verna 1.6xxi 7.69 103.2/14.9 9.2 12.07 yes no electric 1/MP3 yes
sx4 zxi 7.54 102/14.78 9.3 12.1 yes no electric 1/MP3 yes

i hope these figures will make things more clear.
though my personal preference is

1. AVEO 1.6LT
2. CITY
3. FIESTA 1.6 ZXI
4. SX4 ZXI , i just dont like maruti , esp the interior is yuck in SX4
5. verna 1.6xxi
Old 5th December 2007, 22:23   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I test drived the SX4 when it was initially launched. I want to share my experience.
All these comments are based on my personal experience!
(I assume it would be painful while taken for long trips)
Cons:
i did not understand why you did not feel 100bhp,sx4 pickup is superb i don't think any sx4 owner will coplain of its pick up,sx4 seats are comfortable i have gonr from kerala to banglore and felt quite comfortable you must ave felt a slight discomfort compared to undr sedans because sx4 is quite tall and has groundclearence ofan suv
Old 6th December 2007, 11:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by team suzuki View Post
Cons:
i did not understand why you did not feel 100bhp,sx4 pickup is superb i don't think any sx4 owner will coplain of its pick up,sx4 seats are comfortable i have gonr from kerala to banglore and felt quite comfortable you must ave felt a slight discomfort compared to undr sedans because sx4 is quite tall and has groundclearence ofan suv

Hi,

I dint mean that the SX4 has a bad pickup speed. But the Torque curve for the SX4 is very smooth that you dont feel the rush of the 100BHP.

Check out the driving position/seats in the Aveo/Fiesta. You can spot the difference! Trust me! The SX4 seats are more flat and doesnt give much thigh support. The Aveo/Fiesta seats are more curved to support your lower back & thigh.
Old 6th December 2007, 13:55   #42
BHPian

@Anachronix
Are you serious about calling Aveo a driver's car? Is it about the seating position alone? Then perhaps you can restate your point as seating position not similar to Aveo/fiesta. The seating position is pretty practical in the sx4. Fiesta and aveo are much lower. in fact it is so low that my dad finds it difficult to get out of the car after 100kms in the front seat.

I believe a driver's car is all about
Power, Handling and responsiveness and vehicle dynamics. As for the kick in the butt response in acceleration, i believe that the drive-by-wire is the reason why the SX4 will not surge ahead like a whipped horse.
As for handling, it has been accepted all over that the handling of the car belies its height.
Quality issues, et al however is somewhat true. But I suggest you may take another drive and check out some of the points again
And finally, like any man, the car is handsome and flawed to the point of perfection
Old 6th December 2007, 13:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

If I were you, I would have gone with the SX4
Old 6th December 2007, 17:12   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
@Anachronix
Are you serious about calling Aveo a driver's car? Is it about the seating position alone? Then perhaps you can restate your point as seating position not similar to Aveo/fiesta. The seating position is pretty practical in the sx4. Fiesta and aveo are much lower. in fact it is so low that my dad finds it difficult to get out of the car after 100kms in the front seat.

I believe a driver's car is all about
Power, Handling and responsiveness and vehicle dynamics. As for the kick in the butt response in acceleration, i believe that the drive-by-wire is the reason why the SX4 will not surge ahead like a whipped horse.
As for handling, it has been accepted all over that the handling of the car belies its height.
Quality issues, et al however is somewhat true. But I suggest you may take another drive and check out some of the points again
And finally, like any man, the car is handsome and flawed to the point of perfection
Venkat,

I have driven the Aveo. It has left me the impression of a better package(in terms of Power, Handling and responsiveness and vehicle dynamics as you have mentioned) than the SX4. Infact i am a little amused by the fact you have given me here about the Aveo.

I have not taken the SX4 on a long drive... But the TD gave me a feeling that i dont have much thigh support and dint feel very comfy with the back support. To my knowledge these are 2 critical parts which needs support when you drive for long! I felt the same problem with the Swift where i developed slight back pain after driving from Ambur to Bangalore. Its somewhere around 160KMs between this stretch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh.C View Post
As for the kick in the butt response in acceleration, i believe that the drive-by-wire is the reason why the SX4 will not surge ahead like a whipped horse.
I think drive-by-wire makes your engine more responsive & peppy to drive! Correct me if i am wrong
Old 6th December 2007, 17:53   #45

SX4 ZXI is a good choice

Hi
I own an SX4 ZXI since August and these are some of my observations from an owner's perspective and purely non technical:
(1) You feel very comfortable and stable even at high speeds on the highways. Road grip is very good.
(2) Fantastic pick up in the 3rd gear. You can really feel the acceleration.
(3) Strong brakes which inspire confidence.
(4) Exterior Looks: Its a personal choice, but hate it or love it, one thing is for sure you cannot ignore SX4...its different.
(5) Definitely Poor looking interiors, but efficient.
(6) SX4's Fuel economy is not poor but its nothing to write home about.
(7) At a price of Rs8 Lacs On Road Mumbai, you get ABS, EBD, Alloy wheels, CD player, auto climate control, 2 airbags...not a bad deal.
(8) Huge Boot. Not sure about the build quality though ( as some of the boarders have reported).
But again SX4 does not have the brand name and the snob value of a Honda, neither the much refined Honda engine.
Verna is an allrounder, whereas Fiesta is a driver's delight.
All the cars have their pros and cons. So depending on your budget, your likes and dislikes, your attitude and personality (and ofcourse the opinion of your wife & kid, if you are married)...Go ahead and buy your car.

All the best.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks