Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:30   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
4.MArui Swift: if you dont mind the all black interiors. Some rattles. SOme terrible blind spots (especially at rear). and a cramped rear seats.
I newer knew that my swift is this bad .
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:37   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
There's always positives and negatives right, so it depends on the disposition of the person while presenting their opinion.

There's no good without bad
Old 22nd November 2007, 14:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

Get an used Baleno or OHC & soup it up. You will never regret that.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
There's always positives and negatives right, so it depends on the disposition of the person while presenting their opinion.

There's no good without bad

Oh! sorry. Just to make you feel better. The swift gives the best kind sporty feel driving in its category. And the design is such that you either love it or you just hate it. Hope you bought it since you come in the earlier group. And its one of the most mod friendly vehicles we have out here at that price. Hey! and it gives you the all time biggie of india...THe Maruti A.S.S
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:37   #20
BHPian

Ikon is a good car. u can go for it. not bad for the budget u r looking. i bought it 8months back. pretty much satisfied with performance. good resposive engine and handling.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! sorry. Just to make you feel better. The swift gives the best kind sporty feel driving in its category. And the design is such that you either love it or you just hate it. Hope you bought it since you come in the earlier group. And its one of the most mod friendly vehicles we have out here at that price. Hey! and it gives you the all time biggie of india...THe Maruti A.S.S
Well, Gemi, I was being sarcastic. I know swift way better than people who yet to experience it (or had a short test drive). AND I love everything about it, surely dont need your consolation. Thanks anyway.
Old 22nd November 2007, 15:40   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
Though Accent is an old Vehicle, it is a very reliable and proven vehicle. Now since discounts are available (4.99 ex-showroom), I think it would be good to take this into consideration.
4.99 was a limited period offer, right? I believe it was only available during the Diwali period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph5600 View Post
Also Ford Ikon Ikool would be a good choice if you enjoy driving a lot and also not much bothered about the resale value.
If you are looking at the Ikon Flair, we have quite a few ownership threads here, including mine which is periodically updated. Link :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...12000-kms.html
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:16   #23
BHPian

My order of preference (if going for a new car):
1. Go for Indigo diesel (if you want economy and good resale value and are not bothered about the TATA image and rattles down the line)
2. Swift if you are not bothered about the cramped rear seats
3. Palio 1.6 ONLY if you are not bothered about resale value at all

Other than these, the Accent 1.5 for 4.99 is real value for money. However, it may be phased out soon.

However, if I were in your place, I would have gone for a used Baleno (you will get them for cheap) because I think I can live with those sad looks. Alternatively, you can deck it up
Old 22nd November 2007, 17:26   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh! sorry. Just to make you feel better.
No apology necessary.

Iv been feeling pretty good lately, just ask my girlfriend!
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Sorry if I am in a way hijacking this thread, but my friend has a very similar query.

1. His budget is 5 Lacs (little stretchable)
2. Doesn't care too much about boot space - but it would be a definite plus.
3. FE and comfort are the two most important criteria.
4. Power would be an important thing, hence thinks 1.1 is a compromise. (Obviously, WagonR, Santro etc. are all eliminated in the race)

He was planning an i10, but he was disappointed after knowing that it comes with a 1.1L engine.

I was suggesting the Palio Stile 1.6. Could anyone confirm the FE of Palio Stile 1.6?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 22nd November 2007 at 19:27.
Old 22nd November 2007, 19:50   #26
BHPian

Actually this thread has added a lot to the total confusion. Every body has mentioned all the popular cars in the Indian market. Does it means all are good ? Probably yes as every car has its plus and minus points. I feel getting the latest car which has been around for around 1 year - 2 years is best as it will be around for at least 4-6 yrs at least, plus it has proven itself. (Swift or Logan to some extent) as it will continue to hold its value in coming times at a greater probability level.

Going by common sense, driving in crowded cities is quite tough. If you feel that way, then smaller hatches WagonR, Santro, (both proven cars) & i10 (should be as good as santros as competition is too tough in this segment) are best. Estillo also looks stylish sometimes plus it gives highest mileage in its class and it comes with time tested engine of WagonR.

Do you want to save in the long run ? Go for the latest cars. Swift Vxi with its advanced features / Ldi for Diesel / or Latest Hyundai i10 will cause you to loose least money. Maruti = highest resale value followed by Santro (only model not others like Accent etc)

Lower End Sedans - None at present except Accent / Logan. Wait for Swift Sedan however it is going to be higher at close to 6 - 6.5 lacs. All others are too old or are sure to be moved out of the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksterraghu View Post
Could anyone confirm the FE of Palio Stile 1.6?
Expect something like in the range of 8 - 11 depending on how it is driven. 1.6 is lot of power. A 1.3 Swift gives 12.

Originally Posted by gemithomas
4.MArui Swift: if you dont mind the all black interiors. Some rattles. SOme terrible blind spots (especially at rear). and a cramped rear seats.

Quote:
I agree ! Swift is much better than people consider it to be. It is stylish, dream to drive and gives a premium feel.

Black Interiors = Are ok as they last long. Beige looks pale blackish after 6-12 months. Add beige colored seat covers in say a white Swift and it looks sheer luxury class car with least compromise at less than half the cost of high end cars.

Rattles - Are quite less in latest models. Moreover a rattling car was badly driven. The driver is at fault here. He loved the Swift's fun to drive factor and over did it.

Cramped Rear Seats = Absolutely no! Pull the front seats to 2nd point and it leaves enough space to keep 1.5 suitcases at leg place. Seats are as large as to cover the entire thighs.

Also go for Maruti, Hyundai or Mahindra (Logan) (in that order) for more peace on a long term basis considering your budgets.

Chevrolet and Ford are lower in my views as their products though are good, more stylish, however their resale values are not as good and ok to poor after sales services are key concerns which rob you of your time and mental peace apart from making your purse lighter.

Last edited by Tech : 22nd November 2007 at 19:54.
Old 22nd November 2007, 21:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

hey guys! i give up. I never meant to hurt anyone personally. I just said that it had all black interiors and meant that the rear seats were cramped for any other car in its category. Well this is not something that i've discovered.

Lets leave this and move to what the thread starter wanted.

But where is the thread starter. I guess its time to hear on what he feels about all the cars suggested to him.
Old 23rd November 2007, 06:30   #28
BHPian

Rockster, I'm getting 9.6KMPL in my 1.6 sport (Bangalore city driving with 100% AC)
Old 23rd November 2007, 10:30   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech View Post
Lower End Sedans - None at present except Accent / Logan. Wait for Swift Sedan however it is going to be higher at close to 6 - 6.5 lacs. All others are too old or are sure to be moved out of the market.
Buddy, since you seem to be good at predicting, how long do you predict the Accent will be in production? Not that i have any clues, but you seem to strongly suggest the others would be out of production soon.
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:14   #30
Senior - BHPian

At least the ikon has come out with the ikool edition which seems to suggest that the ikon will live a little while longer. i love the ikool ikon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks