Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:27   #31
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
At least the ikon has come out with the ikool edition which seems to suggest that the ikon will live a little while longer. i love the ikool ikon.
To analyze the iKool edition :

Quote:
Connect and listen to those tracks stacked up in your iPod. Make heads turn with high wattage speakers.
One could go for any music system, and choice of speakers.

Quote:
Enjoy complete freedom from wires with Nokia Bluetooth handsfree kit. With loudspeaker output, conversations are fun.
This looks good to me.

Quote:
Sporty seat covers
Already have them on my car.

Quote:
With added safety comes added convenience. Lock and unlock doors at the push of a button.
Autocop Cobra - basic model.

Quote:
The new Ikool limited edition is available at a price of Rs.5,08,990/- (ex-showroom New Delhi).
The price has been hiked by a large margin ! IMO, one can ignore these features and go for the normal version, and then spruce it as necessary.
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:58   #32
BHPian

Sorry Guys,

Con calls over the previous 3 nights ensured I spelt thru till late in the day.

First things First
" From support team: Post edited. Please go through board rules. Next post like this will invite infraction. Thanks - from Mr. Rudra Sen"

Pray tell me what is the mistake which I have made.

Thanks guys,
30 replies and over 10 Cars where do I start now. :-) You see my confusion has increased even more!! Vehicles debated were

1) Ikon 1.3
2) Logan 1.4
3) Swift 1.3
4) Palio 1.6
5) Getz 1.3
6) Hyundai I10
7) Used OLd Honda City VTEC
8) Used Baleno
9) Chevrolet U-VA
10) Accent 1.5
11) Chevrolet Spark
12) Indigo Diesel

I Forgot to metion few paramteres in my criteria.

a) Need a decent amount of boot space. You see travelling with family long distance for 3 - 4 days at time with a kid = lots of luggage. Thankgod I dont have a dog!!!

b) Have always been a petrolhead. FE is not on top of my mind. My JEEP CJ3B (Hurricane Engine) gives me 5 - 6 (guess thats in the Mercedes Benz league!!)

Diesel's were a strict no-no for me until 2 months back, when i drove my friends Ford Fiesta Duratorq. It made me look at diesels in a whole new light.

c) No used vehicles.

Having thought about my parameters I know it cant be met in the 5 Lakh budget. So have decided to hike my budget by about a Lakh.

Will be planning to buy the vehicle in the month of January, as I will be out of the country for couple of weeks and also the make would be 2008.

Now let me know what are the choices. Sorry for the trouble, but I guess this forum is to help other BHPians.

Vivek
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:28   #33
Team-BHP Support

Vivek, at 6 lakhs and possibly a bit more stretching, you get much better sedans such as the Fiesta, Aveo, Verna and yeah the Logan as well, although i dont rate it higher than the Ikon/Accent/Esteem.

These C segmenters have a lot of threads dedicated to their wars, and you could pick up hints and facts from there.
Old 23rd November 2007, 14:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

For 6 lacs & little more, you have options like Logan, Aveo and Fiesta!

Test drive & compare all the facts and then decide!
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
The price has been hiked by a large margin ! IMO, one can ignore these features and go for the normal version, and then spruce it as necessary.
I second that. This music edition would be a joke for that price in the ICE section. I think they're just trying to push the last few iKons by putting some overrated cosmetic bling.

EDIT: Oops. I almost forgot. Thanks 'tech' and 'eclictix' for your inputs. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by rocksterraghu : 23rd November 2007 at 15:06.
Old 24th November 2007, 09:01   #36
Senior - BHPian

If your budget is like 6L OTR i dont think its gonna give you much more choices. If you plan for a budget increase you should be ready for atleast 6.5 OTR. Thesse are what i think you shoudl be looking at

1. Logan - Very practical vehicle with loads of space. The only minus would be the driver ergonomics. If you could manage to extend your budget for the diesel you could also enjoy some real mindblowing F.E figures.

2. Fiesta 1.4 - Very Driver friendly vehicle. SOme good interiors. Ford A.S.S. would have to be checked at your place. Not sure how good the are. In kerala i would not recommend a ford if you are looking for what is called "customer care". The vehicle is quite capable though.

3.Aveo 1.4 - I would rate this above the fiesta in every department other than driver friendliness. Its not as quick as te fiesta and this you dont feel that enthusiasm that you get when you are in the fiesta. The ride comfort and the 3yr/1Lkm warranty makes this a good buy.
Old 24th November 2007, 21:48   #37
BHPian

Add the Swift VDi DDIS to your equation, it can give most of the petrol cars in your shortlist a run for their money (obviously, barring the Palio 1.6) - @ 6L OTR, you can get a VDi ABS, upgrade to 195/60 R15 wheel/alloy upgrade and a decent ICE - extremely torquey @ the economy of diesel - what more can you ask for??? simply pick it up and just enjoy maadi ;-)
Old 19th December 2007, 13:32   #38
BHPian

Update..

The budget remains at 5 + A few thousands...

After contemplating between the Getz Prime 1.1 & Huyndai I10 & Chevy U-VA...Have decided on the Fiat Palio Stile 1.6.

Performance... Ok FE (as long as I dont rev)
Decent boot spce.. Good handling & Stability at high speeds...

Will book it shortly..Colour Red will be the choice... Should book by this weekend..

Will update once I purchase same... unless something else comes up..

Guess On-Road bangalore is close to 5.3...

Vivek
Old 19th December 2007, 15:29   #39
BHPian

Good On You Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINMAKER View Post
Update..

After contemplating between the Getz Prime 1.1 & Huyndai I10 & Chevy U-VA...Have decided on the Fiat Palio Stile 1.6.

Vivek
Good choice.

Where are you booking it from?

my on-road price came to 4.76L (Including 10K loyalty bonus)

pm me for more details if you are interested.

cheers
Old 19th December 2007, 15:34   #40
Senior - BHPian

Excellent choice Vivek!

There is a 22K cash discount on Palio Stile now, grab it!
Old 19th December 2007, 18:16   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The Getz diesel is a small hatch in the larger hatch price range.
Not True. The Getz cannot be called a small hatch by any measure. Have u sat in the rear seat? Try it...with ur opinion as stated above it will shock you.

For the space, quality and engine it offers i believe Getz Diesal is not overpriced if not VFM And this is relatively speaking, as apart from Swift, which Hatch offers so much at that price?

Lemme reiterate for everyone. The Getz is a ROOM inside!

Elito

Last edited by Elito11 : 19th December 2007 at 18:17.
Old 19th December 2007, 21:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Vivek. Enjoy!!

@gemithomas: Getz is as spacious as Accent. Getz is spacious and it gives the feeling of a Sedan. Try the rear seats of Getz and you would be surprised.

I am very happy with the car as it is easier to drive in Bangalore and it has all the virtues of a Sedan.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 19th December 2007 at 21:14.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:23   #43
BHPian

Checked with the dealers.. Delivery only possible by Jan 1st Week..

Read Economic times, where they have mentioned that Fiat is launching the 1.3 Multijet Diesel in Feb 08.

Question is do I wait another month longer and pick up the diesel or pick up the 1.6...

Vivek
Old 21st December 2007, 08:31   #44
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, India is changing a lot like west.
Gone those days of 800, esteem,zen etc which was in the market for decades. New cars & models started pouring in every 6-1yr period. And seems like this will continue. So, the deciding factor should be the need of the hour. If you need a car now then buy it now. Waiting for new model will only end up in more confusion Just my 2 cents...
Old 26th December 2007, 08:53   #45
BHPian

If you want power, go for Palio Stile 1.6 Sport. It sports everything except the A.S.S Or else, the U-va LS or LT is the best buy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks