Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2007, 08:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
The title of the thread is very confusing Bro! I thought they are going to add something called Viva to add power to Cedia (I doubt if I am the only one who thought so)
Yup! even i thought he wa going to plonk in a Viva engine into a cedia! Diesel economy with cedia comfort!
Old 28th November 2007, 08:42   #17
BHPian

Hey is there LPG version in Sports?
Old 28th November 2007, 09:39   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
I think HM is one company where dealers take factory orders for custom colors if not available. Not sure though
Even our dear Yeti had got his Lancer customized before delivery.
Old 28th November 2007, 11:14   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerish666 View Post
LPG in the sports variant sounds odd. Where is the sportiness then?

I was told by the dealer in Bangalore that LPG option is only available in the Select variant.
Old 28th November 2007, 13:09   #20
Senior - BHPian

^^The lpg can be fitted into the sports as well. You just need to order it separately. Afterall other than the body and interiors, there's no inherent difference between sports/spirit/select.

When running on petrol, there would be no difference in power I am told. On lpg a bit of top end is compromised. I've not driven the ALPG version of the car so can't comment. I did see a huge reduction in boot space though. Almost 50% of the boot is used by the cylinder. This will also make the car a hundred odd kilos heavier, leading to slower acceleration and 0-100 times.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 28th November 2007 at 13:11.
Old 28th November 2007, 14:35   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
^^ Afterall other than the body and interiors, there's no inherent difference between sports/spirit/select.
Agreed! If you think of it, just the body kit and different interiors do not justify the "sports" tag on this variant.

I wish HM could have offered the sports variant with some more muscle power in the engine.
Old 28th November 2007, 15:02   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Well, if you change the car now at such an early stage, your bound to lose a pile of money for this exchange. If you have cash overflowing out of your pocket then this problem does not exist.

I own a viva crdi ( passion red) and i am extremely happy with its power and thrill that you get from this beast. I found it most fun car to drive both in city as well as highway. Well, cedia sport is a different league/segment altogether. But, think again if you really need that additional power to upgrade so soon.
Old 28th November 2007, 18:07   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
Agreed! If you think of it, just the body kit and different interiors do not justify the "sports" tag on this variant.

I wish HM could have offered the sports variant with some more muscle power in the engine.
Seconded...
Its the same machine, with same eveything of Spirit with just the interior color and the front and rear airdams+ spoliers (which are basically accessories, doesn't qualify it as SPORTS...
In fact, all 3 models should have been launched as sports category, keeping the Old Lancer as the sober Cedan category
May be they must have come up with Cedia-Sports, Cedia-Sports-Zoom and Cedia Sports-Zoom-X (inspiration from Mazda...) something like that...
Old 28th November 2007, 18:22   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post

Everywhere else in the world, it comes with the 2.4ltr 4G69 MIVEC engine that delivers around 160 horses. Only in India we are treated as second class citizens
Old 28th November 2007, 20:48   #25
BHPian

Quote:
No Dude...Its off new use..HM guys have refused to do this and they have no plans for it for next 1yr
Old 28th November 2007, 20:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
tried for it directly with HM Factory but they have refused it
Old 28th November 2007, 21:00   #27
BHPian

Quote:
^^The lpg can be fitted into the sports as well. You just need to order it separately. Afterall other than the body and interiors, there's no inherent difference between sports/spirit/select.

When running on petrol, there would be no difference in power I am told. On lpg a bit of top end is compromised. I've not driven the ALPG version of the car so can't comment. I did see a huge reduction in boot space though. Almost 50% of the boot is used by the cylinder. This will also make the car a hundred odd kilos heavier, leading to slower acceleration and 0-100 times.
Dont u think if we fit the ALPG separately, WARRANTY will go VOID???
Old 29th November 2007, 02:17   #28
BHPian

Quote:

yea while running on lpg mode your power drops down to 100ps.
i drove the lpg variant couple of days back, the performance was decent for a lpg vehicle.
Old 29th November 2007, 02:20   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
tried for it directly with HM Factory but they have refused it
HM offers the LPG version only in the spirit model, which costs 8.6L ex-showroom.
Old 29th November 2007, 09:28   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepanonline View Post
Hi Team BHP

i am owning a new Accent VIVA - deep pearl blue color purchase on feb'07

1. Is anyone looking for a brand new(like) VIVA with just 8500kms old car for sale?
Is the viva still there??? At wat price are u gonna sell ????

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks