Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2007, 18:56   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The intertior qualities of Hyundais are far better than the Maruitis, but the engines are not that refined.
Well, i beg to differ here. One such Hyundai engine that was praised over and over again was the CRDI unit. People used words like gem of a unit and the car is just worth for the engine etc. And, it goes without saying that Accent interiors are much superior to a Baleno and they don't age quickly too.

Ravi, i am sure you will like the Accent interiors, if you intend to use it for family, city driving and occasional highway driving. Dont think twice, go for the Accent
Old 30th November 2007, 19:48   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravitsp
Please make me clear whether it scores in the following aspects or any other things.
1.FE
2.A.S.S
3.Maintanance
4.Engine life
Both the Accent and the Baleno are equally good cars. If interiors and exterior look are important to you, the Accent would be the way to go.

Regarding your query, Baleno would score on FE and A.S.S, while the maintenance costs (spares) would be cheaper for the Accent. Engine life I have not seen any real data indicating the expected life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Well, i beg to differ here. One such Hyundai engine that was praised over and over again was the CRDI unit. People used words like gem of a unit and the car is just worth for the engine etc.
Well, thats what I also keep reading on the forum. But I came across a couple of Accent CRDIs in our office parking lot and the clatter they made would put a non-CRDI engine to shame.

I had posted this on some other thread as I was surprised to see a supposedly latest technology engine making such a racket and someone replied that it had to with the Accent being a 3-cyl engine. I am not sure what the number of cylinders has to do with it though.
Old 30th November 2007, 20:42   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I am not sure what the number of cylinders has to do with it though.
3 cylinders are difficult to balance (NVH) compared to 4 cylinders. Is that the reason?

Hyundai accent CRDi has a good engine- Good power, mileage. However, NVH is bad, specially outside the car. My friend's one- year old car makes much much more noise than the old lancer diesel owned by our college. However, except for that, the engine is real good.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 30th November 2007 at 20:45.
Old 30th November 2007, 21:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
@ Black Pearl - Ok, I have never seen any baleno's / altura's in the UK. Maybe I missed them.

Yes, the Accent is largely selling in the 3 door version there - similar looks as in the Viva. Quite a seller there.

OT - Also you will see more of Getz there than Swift - Seriously !!! anyone here from UK staying there permanently might be able to second me on this.
My own experience of owning an Accent in UK was not good (however, I'm not saying that Accent is bad) - might be I was just unlucky.

I have seen quite a few Balenos (not sedan) in UK, although in far less numbers than Accent. Suzuki has stopped selling Baleno in UK for a very long time. Where Accent (as it is sold in India) was sold till late 2005.

Also, I see Getz and Swift almost same in numbers! Hyundai is the only manufactuer in UK to give 5-yr warranty on their cars (Kia gives 7-yr only on Cee'd) - in spite of that their sales figure is not that high (though higher than Suzuki in UK though)!

Quote:
I have always stuck to one opinion about Hyundai and that is Hyundai gives everything better than what the Maruti offers except the engines.
I also second that. To verify that compare search result between "suzuki engine failure" and "hyundai engine failure" on Google.
Old 1st December 2007, 04:47   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Well, i beg to differ here. One such Hyundai engine that was praised over and over again was the CRDI unit. People used words like gem of a unit and the car is just worth for the engine etc.
but as far as I know the CRDI engine is not Hyundais but sourced from Detroit Diesel. SO he credit should belong to them as is the case with Swift DDIS where the credit goes to FIAT.

Quote:
And, it goes without saying that Accent interiors are much superior to a Baleno and they don't age quickly too.
this is what I have already mentioned. there are several factors where Accent scores over Baleno and I am still emphasizing that both are very good cars and make excellent family sedans. and both will serve well if maintained well as I have seen several Balenos and Accents which have crossed 1 lac mark and are still going strong. The most significant advantage of Accent over Baleno apart from anything else is that it is still selling and parts are cheaper.
Old 5th December 2007, 10:41   #36
tez
BHPian

i had a similar query and finally decided to go for accent.
guys, does 30,000 kms run, 2002 accent, well maintained and fully loaded at 2.5 lacs make sense??
I am planning to convert it into LPG also?
Old 5th December 2007, 21:01   #37
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
i had a similar query and finally decided to go for accent.
guys, does 30,000 kms run, 2002 accent, well maintained and fully loaded at 2.5 lacs make sense??
I am planning to convert it into LPG also?
am not really aware of the auto market...but it sounds like a terrific deal to me.
Old 5th December 2007, 21:43   #38
BHPian

I can say it is all depends on people.For looks and interiors Accent is superior to Baleno.But in the case of Baleno engine is really good.Personally if someone ask me i would say Baleno because i like Baleno engine.That is what i said it is all depends on people.
Old 6th December 2007, 01:16   #39
Senior - BHPian

As an overall package, it has to be the Baleno. However, I agree about the interiors and spare prices - where the Accent wins.

Most Viewed