Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2007, 00:18   #1
BANNED

Used Lancer diesel, good or bad?

Helllo...I have planned to buy an used diesel sedan which is reliable and spacious, with looks

my budget : 3-4 lakhs
factors: reliability, style, luxury feel

As i hav switched from indica, have to move for good car in next segment, it shud be diesel.

not opted model:
---------------

ikon - high maintenance cost and costly spares ,

astra diesel - high maintenance, give much problem, outdated looks

accent DLS - good mileage, but discontinued model and not tested one, also sluggish performance

accent crdi - i have heard accent crdi emits much black smoke after 70k odo, and gives much maintenance cost after 80k kms..is it true?

indigo - engine life is max 90k kms..and sluggish performance, less resale value

other new gen cars like optra magnum, sx4 are costly....

FINALLY...after a great search i came close to lancer. i think its trouble free till 2- 3lakhs kms, and looks, comfort is better than ikon, i think its ok...people...pls give your views..!! pls
Old 1st December 2007, 09:26   #2
BANNED

LAncer

Hi
As an existing user of diesel lancer I can definitely recommend the car for you.Its reliable,fuel efficient,cheaper to maintain(comparitively). The think you should watch out for is the car's service history.Get the car checked by a competent mechanic. Look out for any accident repairs,i mean, major ones. I have been using one for the last 4 years.
Best of Luck...buddy
Old 1st December 2007, 10:34   #3
Senior - BHPian

hi,
smokking of diesel cars pertains to all models and make .thats not a big issue.but lancer is a good option looks good chances for mod is the best of the lot and reliablity is also ok.but check the car by a competend mechanic friend,dont utilize the A S S mechanic as he will be familiar with the car and owner and chances are that he is a friend of him too.
ram
Old 1st December 2007, 11:09   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

The Lancer diesel is a simple construction robust diesel. If you find a well-maintained example at a cheap price, pick it up.
Old 1st December 2007, 15:50   #5
BANNED

@ all

Thanks people for quick response, i didnt expect such a quick response from bhp members....thankz, me in search of good, single owner lancer diesel.
Old 2nd December 2007, 05:03   #6
BHPian

if you can get your hands on a second hand Accent Viva CRDi/Accent CRDi, in gud condition, then dont waste time go get it, i have driven it to 170kmph indicated speed on the greater noida expressway and undoubtedly the best non-turbo diesel around with good FE,cost of spares and service/service network to back it aswell. I personally own an Ikon 1.6 petrol and "personally" cars like the Lancer are good only for performance with their petrol engines only. though as previously posted i too have heard that the Accent does not have a long engine life but i think a major contribution to it is how the car has been maintained....black smoke is an inherent part of a diesel engine emmited by all diesels revd past 3000rpms(standstill). but cost of spares wuold be far lesser than Lancer's and common-rail tech shud provide you with better mileage as well
Old 3rd December 2007, 00:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhik View Post
if you can get your hands on a second hand Accent Viva CRDi/Accent CRDi, in gud condition, then dont waste time go get it, i have driven it to 170kmph indicated speed on the greater noida expressway and undoubtedly the best non-turbo diesel around with good FE,cost of spares and service/service network to back it aswell.

Abhik ..

Accent CRDi IS a turbo diesel... FYI Pls!
Old 3rd December 2007, 11:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hello, Out of all the cars you have mentioned above - I would strongly suggest you to choose Lancer Diesel or Accent CRDi.

Both these cars are very good. Finding these can be a tough job though as not many people sell them.

Lancer Diesel is a brilliant vehicle and if you find one with around 50 k on the ODO - go for it.

Both would cost around the same price - around 3 lacs for a 4 - 5 year old model.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks