View Poll Results: Whats your pick?
Chevrolet Optra 1.6 19 76.00%
New Honda City 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 22:21   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
its not always usual to have the same gearbox for 2 engines with different specs...
the corsa 1.4 and the 1.6 come with different gearboxes...
incase of the Optra its there to reduce cost
I know that i said now the newer versions of the 1.6 will have the 1.8 Gearbox! This is the latest step by GM!

I failed to find any fault with the AC of the Optra 1.8, yeah 1.6 i cant comment but the NHC ac is strong but not as strong as the 1.8 Optras!

Quote:
NHC GXI interiors is one of the best in business while optra is very plain
All you need to pay is 8k and you get the interiors on par with the NHC!
Old 20th September 2005, 01:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All you need to pay is 8k and you get the interiors on par with the NHC!
Disagree...the regular beige interiors in Optra are not a patch on the NHC interiors....NHC interiors come with a bright beige color, rear centre armrest, fake wood and chrome plating of all handles..gershift etc...with optra beige...(the Base optra that is) ...it means only beige dashbord...period...nothing else (out of teh aforesaid)
In fact my wife first liked the Optra interiors..(after driving I guess 1.8 LS) .after looking at what was on offer in our price range...she immediately disliked it.we checked out the NHC GXi ..that had mindblowing interiors...(we bought another car that is not supposed to be mentioned on this thread )
these comments are limited to interiors...overall I believe optra is a better car of the two...if you can afford the petrol bills

Last edited by Buffetfan : 20th September 2005 at 01:16.
Old 20th September 2005, 01:27   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
-NHC seems to havea better A/c ,1.6 struggles to cool the cabin ....
Agree 100%...tried two different Optras....the AC took forever to cool in June with 5 persons on board...it became pleasant but never cold....even with the blower on full blast for 20 mins...
NHC AC is much better
Old 20th September 2005, 15:04   #64
Senior - BHPian

I don't understand this - Korean car with American badge. Anyone help to me get this?
Old 20th September 2005, 17:07   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand this - Korean car with American badge. Anyone help to me get this?
The Korean car is the Daewoo Nubira, sold in India as the Chevrolet (American badge) Optra.

GTO
Old 20th September 2005, 17:26   #66
BHPian

I would say the NHC is a very city car...it has a good turning radius, good FE in the city, very good boot/rear space...It's not that bad for a getaway either.....very easy to handle...

If you are going to be out of the city more often ... the Optra could be the better choice...

The optra is reducing prices just to make way for the launch of its new engine ."G..something"..

The bottom line...GM needs to find customers with these kind of marketing statergies....Honda knows people go to them ....

How many GM variants have we seen in the last 3 years....how many of Honda have we see?
Old 20th September 2005, 18:04   #67
BHPian

i would say its better to wait for vtec, hatch of optra,focus but till then i would luv to have my hands on optra.nhc is sick how do ulike it it sucks in any direction i would prefer going in for indigo or marina or an ohc vtec if my father sayz nhc.its very fragile and why is FE coming into picture when a car i think should be judged by looks and performance in C SEGMENT!!!!!!
Old 20th September 2005, 18:09   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
i would say its better to wait for vtec, hatch of optra,focus but till then i would luv to have my hands on optra.nhc is sick how do ulike it it sucks in any direction i would prefer going in for indigo or marina or an ohc vtec if my father sayz nhc.its very fragile and why is FE coming into picture when a car i think should be judged by looks and performance in C SEGMENT!!!!!!
The reason FE is coming into picture is that its no longer only a selected few who can afford a 7-8 lakh car. People are graduating from Accent/Esteem/Ikons to NHC and Optra 1.6. For people like us FE is equally important in making the final decision. The increase in fuel prices everyday has made everyone concerned. The prices in US have topped 4 dollars a gallon, and when ppl buying SUVs in US are considering more fuel efficient options, than I dont think there is anything to mock about Indians looking for FE in an 8 lakh car. As far as I am concerned people these days are preffering FE even in 14 lakh segment leave alone 8 lakh. My freind is considering Tucson as opposed to CRV as he is concerned about rising fuel prices and he frequently travels from Delhi to Ludhiana.
Old 20th September 2005, 18:18   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinadha
I sold a C Segment car and bought a diesel vehicle because of fuel costs, amongst other things (that wasnt the only reason, to be fair).

If you have an option to save money, why not? Petrol sells at almost Rs.50 a litre - for a person taking home (NOT CTC) Rs.25,000 in a month thats 6% of his daily income (25,000/31) at a just ONE litre a day. If you travel 10 kms to work and 10 km back every day, you're looking at spending over 13% of your income on just commuting to your workplace.

Significant, I would think - because people in that income group are C Segment buyers thanks to inviting finance schemes.

Its probably cheaper to buy a vehicle than to run one...

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th September 2005 at 18:21.
Old 21st September 2005, 00:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
not supposed to be mentioned on this thread )...
I Got your point! B....Indias premium luxiry sedan according to website!

Quote:
The optra is reducing prices just to make way for the launch of its new engine ."G..something
VGIS is int it launched already?

Well lets wait for the NHC Vtec then i guess i would choose the NHC depends on how many prancing horses on board!
Old 21st September 2005, 00:42   #71
Senior - BHPian

HOnda's engine sure is good but optra is bigger, more comfortable more value for money and better looking. Just for a 2 kmpl more mileage I wouldnt go NHC
Old 21st September 2005, 13:58   #72
BHPian

Quote:
I sold a C Segment car and bought a diesel vehicle because of fuel costs, amongst other things
You bought a Safari...to SAVE money???

GTO
Old 21st September 2005, 21:51   #73
Senior - BHPian

maybe many more factors may be involved in buying a safari.
but the dicor is surely a good buy I think.
Old 21st September 2005, 21:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO - Touring
You bought a Safari...to SAVE money???

GTO
I thought I said "amongst other things"

Feels good to fill a tankful for Rs.2,000 that will last you till Bangalore...
Old 21st September 2005, 21:59   #75
Senior - BHPian

Dunno much about the optra 1.6

but I think the new laner 1.5 at the lowered price makes it a better buy than the nhc. Gives the same mileage but more performance, space and comfort.

it may lose out to the optra on space and performance though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks