Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2007, 20:21   #16
Team-BHP Support

You cant compare the swift to baleno.

If you want better ride, space and power baleno it is. But along with comes the pain of second hand car and more depreciation.

Then again Swift is also a great car to drive around and some tweaking you can really enjoy it further.

Going back to your 2 points.

Maintanence: for similarly maintained cars with same odo reading should be similar or slightly lesser in case of Baleno since it has been out there for long.

Safety: Swift might be a lil ahead since the design is newer. Again Baleno FEELS more robust overall compared to Swift.
Old 3rd December 2007, 22:30   #17
Senior - BHPian

It all depends on how many more years he keep his newly modded swift. If one or two years..then there is not point in doing modifications and then sell the vehicle as the depreciation would have taken toll of the vehicle. I would rather go for a new sedan and do the mods on it.
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

I wouldn't call it an upgrade if you sell your Swift to get a Baleno. It is a wise decision to stick to your current Swift and buy a new sedan later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
As far as the airbags and other safety features, it would be preferable to have in this vehicle but LXi does not come with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Even VXi and other variant of Baleno don't come with safety features such as airbags/ABS. Correct me if I am wrong!
You are right, iTNerd. No variant of Baleno comes with ABS/airbags.
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:45   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
No pressing factor. May be extra space inside the car. I wanted to explore the option as the car thats up for sale is from very well known source, hence if exchanging is a good option, wanted to execute it
There should be a reason to exchange. otherwise you might repent later.

As you said, you still have a month left. Drive any friend's baleno and decide if you really want to go in for a change.
Old 3rd December 2007, 23:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
You know the Swift from day one, which is not the case with the Baleno. However reliable the source, it still was used by someone else and who knows what
At the risk of sounding romantic & stupid, if it was me, i would have given away that swift & got myself the baleno, with whatever baggage it comes with. The baleno is definitely a much better production by maruti than the swift, in terms of quality of materials used & the workmanship even if it is an outdated model. Yes it is outdated, but it brings a lot of other things to the table that the swift just cannot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
A 2004 baleno shouldn't cost over 3 in chennai.
I was offered a 2004 silver lxi(with some decent ICE) about 6 months back for around 3.25.Apparently, he was ready to let it go for 3.
Another example,a chennai BHPian picked up a beam blue one for around that price.
And what model was that ?

He he he, dont ya know the prices in chennai or what ? i will come to you when i need a baleno.
Old 4th December 2007, 14:50   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
At the risk of sounding romantic & stupid, if it was me, i would have given away that swift & got myself the baleno, with whatever baggage it comes with.
Surprise had almost decided to stay with the Swift. I think now this post must have made him rethink.

Most Viewed