Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2004, 00:07   #1

Price of a 2001 Jan Honda V-Tec?

Hello All,
One of my friend has got an offer for the above vehicle and the seller is quoting Rs.5.80 Lakhs. The seller is also giving 1 year insurance and new tyres with it. It has done 35000 kms and it looks good. Is it worth buying it?
Regards,
Anand
Old 24th December 2004, 01:43   #2
Team-BHP Support

[FONT=Arial Black]arial black[/FONT][SIZE=4]4[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]dark slate blue[/COLOR]
no dude , not at all worth it , cud get a brand new baleno in dat much ! i definately understand that the vtec is kinda more powerful and it looks a little better or much better ( personal opinion ) , but the baleno is definately one of the most under-rated cars you have here with a world class aircon and an amzingly powerful engine too . and every indian knows the refinement of maruti engines . it is a total vaue for money package boss !

and to accompany the above u have maruti service network . be anywhere in india and your maruti can be fixed . what it lacks is good tyres which can always be changed and kinda orthodox looks too mess it up for the baleno .
that vtec is seriously expnsive dude and i would not pay anything more than 4.5 lakhs for it .

and you cud even look at the lancer and incase your friend is just lookin for a powerful egine he cud get a 2001 1.6 gts palio for arnd 2.5 lakhs and modd it heavily with the extra cash and it will blow that vtec away .
and remember one thing boss there aint any point in buying a vtec . . u go fast in a vtec and crash u ll neva survive whereas in a palio you may ! so watts the point of having a vtec ? ?

manson .
Old 24th December 2004, 08:56   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
[FONT=Arial Black]arial black[/FONT][SIZE=4]4[/SIZE][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]dark slate blue[/COLOR]
and you cud even look at the lancer and incase your friend is just lookin for a powerful egine he cud get a 2001 1.6 gts palio for arnd 2.5 lakhs and modd it heavily with the extra cash and it will blow that vtec away .
and remember one thing boss there aint any point in buying a vtec . . u go fast in a vtec and crash u ll neva survive whereas in a palio you may ! so watts the point of having a vtec ? ?

manson .

Hehehe

But on a more serious note...the vtec is car that has only the engine going for it in my opinion...the backseat is not comfortable and the interiors are outclassed by most cars in the market.

So if its only performance (without mods) your friend is interested in the vtec is fine i guess....but still the asking price is on the higher side....
Bargain dude.

On the other hand there are many other cars that can show their heels to the vtec if properly tuned. Good example palio 1.6 gtx. So think about it and make your decision.

Drifter

Last edited by drifter : 24th December 2004 at 09:03.
Old 24th December 2004, 10:24   #4
GTO
Team-BHP Support

5.8 is too high for a 2001 Vtec. Just because one Vtec is highly priced does not mean you disregard it in favor of another make/model.

Look around...be patient...your friend will certainly find something well-priced.

GTO
Old 24th December 2004, 11:17   #5
BHPian

There is a Pune reg 2001 For sale for 4.75L in mumbai.
Old 24th December 2004, 11:58   #6
Senior - BHPian

[quote=drifter]

but if u survive ,in a palio ,u dont knowif at all u will be able to repair it ,there may be no dealers around or no parts available

why do u think of crashing ur car,if everyone was thinking abt crashing then the palio wud have been the best seller and the maruti's wud not have sold at alll.
the vtec mentioned here is quite xpensive.maybe abt 4-4.5 lacs wud be the ideal price.

Last edited by speedsatya : 24th December 2004 at 12:06. Reason: spelling mistike oops mistake
Old 24th December 2004, 13:05   #7
BANNED

4.75 max to max i got a deal around same mileage for a vtec today 2001 yr. hes asking 5.3 for it. not worth i say
Old 24th December 2004, 18:31   #8

Thanks !

Appreciate the responses. I will pass this on to my friend.
Regards,
Anand
Old 24th December 2004, 20:08   #9
Senior - BHPian

5.8 is too much. I'd pay around 4.7 to 5 max, for a car like that, unless it has after market accessories that might make it worth 5.8.

As for the mileage, 35000 kms is child's play for the Vtec. But how that 35000kms was covered is also important.

If the runnin in hasn't been done well, it maynot be in such good condition. Start the engine, let it idle for a while and see how you feel.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th December 2004 at 20:11.
Old 25th December 2004, 12:28   #10
Team-BHP Support

hey satya ,

nice one on the palio,

but my point clearly is that one buys a vtec only for sheer performance and nothing elz , and there is always a chance of having an accident when your driving fast , though it might just have a poisson chance of being a bad one but it definately exists .

so if you're gonna buy a car specially for the great engine and then have a fear to use it to the limit i d say , whats the damn point ?

and the marutis sell mainly coz they real value for money cars and great finance schemes whereas the vtec thoug it has a great engine but is nowhere even close to the term " value for money "
manson
Old 25th December 2004, 16:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

and the marutis sell mainly coz they real value for money cars and great finance schemes whereas the vtec thoug it has a great engine but is nowhere even close to the term " value for money "
manson

Marutis are definitely value for money but they don't lack performance either. Take the esteem and the baleno for example.
Old 25th December 2004, 20:33   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps
Marutis are definitely value for money but they don't lack performance either. Take the esteem and the baleno for example.

i never said that maruti cars lack performance , i d never say that , by value for money , i meant a package of superb performance , fuel efficiency , low maintenance costs , etc .
Old 30th December 2004, 14:06   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

go for a palio and mod it up ...
it will kick as of a vtec and will last better also ....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks