Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 14:27   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
Ur post made me think

I wondered if you really needed a new car? I concluded you didn't
Then i realised its not really a 'WHAT CAR' question..its more of a investment one

SO here is seemingly bright idea:

Sell your Getz to your Wife for x amount of money.
Using the office money (ur company is willing to pay) buy it back from her for the same or more amount. That ways you would end up WITH the money your company is offering and a car you already are familiar with.

Infact it could allow you to use your Getz for some more years and then upgrade (technically with the money ur company gives you) when you might actually NEED one and have a better choice.

Now before all and sundry flame me for this please let me confess this just a theoretical idea and i am no expert in laws and finance!!!

Now i betta Hide!!

Elito

P.S. - No your not crazy. Its just a funny problem!
Good idea Elito, but I want to change my car. I have been driving this car for 50,000 KMs/2.5 years and now is the time for a new one :-)

\N
Old 13th December 2007, 14:28   #17
BHPian

If resale value is important to you then i guess swift diesel is a very good option. Im sure swift will have a really good value even 4 years down the line.

Not sure about the resale value of optra magnum and cedia but swift is definitely better in this regard.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:29   #18
BHPian

You arent doing any good by selling the Getz. Ask if you need a 2nd car, if yes then buy one else sell the Getz to your wifey and have your company lease it from her to you.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
After a Getz the swift actually seems to be a down grade to me. Sorry. But to me Its just a fabulous engine at a high price.
Don't think it is overpriced after what Hyundai has done to the Getz. Nearly 75-80K over the Swift with no additional features make the Swift VDi with ABS make it hugely overpriced. I guess at a price lower than this, Maruti would be able to give the "ZDi" What say?
Old 13th December 2007, 14:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
You arent doing any good by selling the Getz. Ask if you need a 2nd car, if yes then buy one else sell the Getz to your wifey and have your company lease it from her to you.
Have explored that option as well. The Getz is on-loan so I sell it my wife I will have to pay 4.75% foreclosure charges on the balance amount (Rs. 1,80,000/-)

And company will pay only monthly lease amount to my wife, that means I will have to pay the 1.8 lakhs myself and I don't want to invest that much money in car. And if wifey takes loan for buy a used car, the interest rate will be higher and will leave me with no benefit at all.

\N
Old 13th December 2007, 14:46   #21
BHPian

Getz to a Swift is like 'downgrading'.. the back seat comfort and space is really bad in a Swift.. However, being a diesel and a Maruti, it definitely fetch you better resale value (In any case, go for diesel of any model if you want resale value... also, you save a lot on running costs as well).

BTW, look up the resale value of an old Accent 1.6 in carwale.com or any other site against that of an IKON 1.6, Corsa 1.6 and Baleno. You will be surprised, I think
Old 13th December 2007, 15:05   #22
Team-BHP Support

Just a doubt,

How bad can Verna resale value be? As long as you buy diesel, it'll fetch good value. Not sure about petrols Hyundai petrols though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
But buying a Swift after a Getz will but really be a upgrade. So I am really in a dilemma. I have explored almost all mid-size cars and am not any nearer to a decision that I ever was.
From your posts, i didn't feel you were happy with the getz! Swift defenitly lacks in space and build compared to the Getz. However, it has a wonderful engine, handling and resale value that you are looking for.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:18   #23
Team-BHP Support

Go for SX4 !! and if mileage is indeed a concern then go for Optra Magnum or Verna Diesel.

You are looking at upgrading and not leveling, so opt for a sedan.

FYI i downgraded from an iKON to Swift D, coz i dont have much use of that boot and rear seat but needed KMPL.

SX4 will give you 11-12 compared to 15-16 for swift d, in city.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:23   #24
HKP
BHPian

I would have gone for SX4 in this condition.

Swift will save money in petrol consumption and EMI. But its not really an upgrade from your existing car, though I believe Swift is better than getz.

SX4 gets you a big car, latest car, the oomph!! is still there. Go for it.

\\hkp
Old 13th December 2007, 16:39   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
You are looking at upgrading and not leveling, so opt for a sedan.
That's what is holding me back from buying Swift VDi.

Hey guys, any info when Maruti will be launching the SX4 ZDi ;-)

\N
Old 13th December 2007, 16:42   #26
BHPian

There are a lot of launches scheduled for next year. You would do well to hang on for a bit, Linea diesel would be a good option for you but thats probably 4 months away.

Currently it doesn't make sense to go from Getz to Swift Diesel. Fiesta Diesel as you rightly said is overpriced, Fusion I haven't heard your thoughts on. Fiesta Petrol is also an option if go for petrol. Is not too expensive for the 1.4 either.
Old 13th December 2007, 17:24   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
That's what is holding me back from buying Swift VDi.

Hey guys, any info when Maruti will be launching the SX4 ZDi ;-)

\N
Even if they launch next year, the price range will be 9L and upwards which brings you close to a Magnum
Old 13th December 2007, 17:58   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Even if they launch next year, the price range will be 9L and upwards which brings you close to a Magnum
Doesn't Magnum cost about 10.5 L; and at 9L it'll still be a VFM proposition, much more than Fiesta SXi.

But I don't wanna wait that long, will take a decision in a couple of days.

\N
Old 15th December 2007, 19:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Go for a diesel - go for the Magnum or Skoda.

And why don't you give yourself a real treat and buy the Skoda Laura Ambiente ( 13.5 Lacs OTR )

Joke's Apart I think you buying a Swift Diesel is not much of an Upgrade - Space wise it is a downgrade really ( The car is Brilliant though !! )

Fiesta - 68 BHP - Hmmm - driving it would really change your mind.

In the end it comes down to really the Fiesta / Verna. Verna CRDi is one scorcher really. A very good car. Don't worry about the resale - Hyundai will get you a better resale in the market than anything else.
Old 15th December 2007, 20:47   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Considering price difference between Swift petrol and diesel variants.

SX4 VDi should be around 7.7L and ZDi should be around 8.5 L (OTR) which would be within fiesta/ verna range!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks