Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2008, 08:33   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
rmonie, which model is your car? the one which am interesed is a 2002 model..
Whats the life of the suspensions and the cost?
Whats the estimated life og a properly used engine? again what might be it costing me to redo?
Lohitrao: My car is a July 2002 model. One of the very first in the North.
Rear suspension - shocks/ bushes etc 70K Kms.
Front - one strut failed around 75K Kms but replaced both at the time.

Engine looks like it should last for at least 150-200K Kms. Some of the international Fiat forums confirm this.

Please check the rust. If the paint has not been damaged there should be no rust at all. I do not have any paint fade even after 6 years. Rust to me seems like an accident/ damage especially as the car is not in a costal area (my assumption).

deepakthon: You are correct. The 1.6 petrol was launched first. The 1.9D was launched a good six - eight months later.

Last edited by rmonie : 12th August 2008 at 08:36.
Old 12th August 2008, 08:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

rmonie, thanks for the inputs...

The rust is on both the rear doors near the beeding, wonder what might have caused it??

am almost have closed in with the deal....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmonie View Post
Lohitrao: My car is a July 2002 model. One of the very first in the North.
Rear suspension - shocks/ bushes etc 70K Kms.
Front - one strut failed around 75K Kms but replaced both at the time.

Engine looks like it should last for at least 150-200K Kms. Some of the international Fiat forums confirm this.

Please check the rust. If the paint has not been damaged there should be no rust at all. I do not have any paint fade even after 6 years. Rust to me seems like an accident/ damage especially as the car is not in a costal area (my assumption).

deepakthon: You are correct. The 1.6 petrol was launched first. The 1.9D was launched a good six - eight months later.
Old 12th August 2008, 10:21   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
.... The rust is on both the rear doors near the beeding, wonder what might have caused it??
Cleaning regularly with Borewell water in bangalore is a surefire recipe for rust. I got this in my Santro doors.

Check about how frequently was the car washed and by which water
Old 12th August 2008, 17:15   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Ok folks, here is some updates..

Yesterday had a look at the Adventure, it has done 50k kms, 2nd owner and his expectation is 1.4lacs...

About the vehicle, exterior: looks good but has rust on 2 doors(near to the window beeding) i guess i have to paint the doors... but am not sure why it is rusting? hope it was not repainted??

Tyres, almost bald so needs immediate replacement. presently its has bridgestone...i think adventures came with Pirellis?

Bull bar, is rusting at the bottom so needs some work...

Exhaust, he has removed the end pipe from which it makes a bad sound, seems it was getting rusted....even this has to be looked at...

Drive, felt good very smooth and can feel the torque

Clutch is smooth, works well it seems it was recently changed in Concard

SO the gurus do suggest me if i should pic this car? am planning to get it checked in Greentracks

Also do suggest me which service center would be good for a adventure
Are you sure its only driven 50K and not 150K?
Reason for this doubt is, I suppose the stock Pirelli's last for atleast 30K.
And that too when they are considered softer ones. So a new set of Bridgestone shouldn't get bald so quickly. I mean they should last atleast more than pirelli's.
Can Adventure owners post, when(kms) did they changed their stock tyres?
Old 12th August 2008, 17:55   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Are you sure its only driven 50K and not 150K?
Reason for this doubt is, I suppose the stock Pirelli's last for atleast 30K.
And that too when they are considered softer ones. So a new set of Bridgestone shouldn't get bald so quickly. I mean they should last atleast more than pirelli's.
Can Adventure owners post, when(kms) did they changed their stock tyres?
Yea this is making me think quiet a lot, is their any way to find out how many kms the vehicle has run actually??
Old 14th August 2008, 11:54   #51
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys D day has come, am planning to take the car for a final check to the workshop...now am confused on where to get it checked?

Green Trax or Concord?? also am planning to leave the car for the pain job(2 doors) the bull bar has to be fixed since its rusting..concord guys told me that bull bar cant be fixed it has to be replace which is 22k only....anyways i know it can be fixed...

I would prefer a local guy who is well aware of Fiat and is well equipped too..

Any suggestions?
Old 14th August 2008, 13:19   #52
BHPian

I rememebr a program on CNBC about buying a second car.
Dont remember all the details, but few of the things were
like by seeing the keys you can know how much car has been driven.
Then the steering column and gear knob can also tell how much a car bas driven.
Also best is the service history. Get the servie booklet from him, it must be mentioening the Kms at which the service were done. Even If the guy was geting it serviced at some outside place, then also he must have done the free services in time. This will help you in judging how much this car has been run.
Also do look at the fenders, doors, lights carefully. these are the parts most prone to accident. Any unevenness will be a sign of repair work.
I suppose remaining things some expert car mechanic can tell you.
Also if you can get any First choice or maruti true value guy, take him with you. They have a check list for analysing a car's worth.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

A great present!- Picked the Adventure

Yesterday was a big day for me yea it was my birthday and i presented myself a Adventure i guess this is the best gift i have ever got in my lifetime!!

Always admired this machine and hoped to own one sometime, and the tine as arrived!

yesterday was busy day for me had to finish a project and was very keen on getting the acr yesterday, so around 4ish i picked the car and took it to "greentrax" and got a check done... the issue is the couple of doors have to be painted because of the rust...and the silencer need to be replaced.. else it looks fine for now..

I was thinking of leaving it in greentrax for the serive and the works but was very disappointed with the attitude of the service adviser(Babu) they were doing it for the sake types....

Guess have to find another workshop so am in search...

Thats all will keep updating you guys and also the pics hehe
Old 15th August 2008, 11:30   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Lohit, congrats on the purchase and a veryyyyyy veryyyyyy nice b-day present that you have got for yourself.

here's wishing you loads of adventure on your lady lovecheers:.

Do come to the next bangy t-bhp meet and I want to see your ride man.

Lohit, also ask the mods to edit the thread title to say 'Now Bought'.

Do share pictures and your initial driving report.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th August 2008 at 11:35.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:30   #55
BHPian

Wooooo
Congrats buddy, first for the Adventure, the for your Birthday.
Indeed a nice gift.
Finding a good service center and guys who do it propoerly is really a pain for every car owner, be it FIAT or Maruti. The attitude is same.
Luckily you got the car which is tough from body and refined as a machine, and requires very minimal maintainence.
But do the needfull ASAP.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:36   #56
Senior - BHPian

Khan bhai thanks for the wishes and all the info...

Yea sure next time i will be there to show off my advy now i can say that i own a beast! yesterday i also got to test it... had to go through a water logged road, she is made for the adventures!

Do suggest me if you know any workshop which is reliable and is equipped to do painting job too...most importantly they should know the fiats!

I must say there is a sense of pride owning this beast, not that i dint feel good owning my OHC but this definitely feels nice! same feel which i get owning a bull

looking to get her ready and meet you all at the next TBHP meet(hehe)

Last edited by lohithrao : 15th August 2008 at 11:37. Reason: to remove extra smily:)
Old 15th August 2008, 11:39   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsraghav View Post
Wooooo
Congrats buddy, first for the Adventure, the for your Birthday.
Indeed a nice gift.
Finding a good service center and guys who do it propoerly is really a pain for every car owner, be it FIAT or Maruti. The attitude is same.
Luckily you got the car which is tough from body and refined as a machine, and requires very minimal maintainence.
But do the needfull ASAP.
Enjoy the ride.
Thanks raghav, my car is the same color as your car. like this color as its easy to maintain, visible(since it s lighter) and good for summers
Old 15th August 2008, 11:48   #58
Senior - BHPian

raghav & Khan, which tyres you think will be good for this beast? am looking for a tough tyre...I have had good experience with Turanza...

if there is anything else let me know, need to change then soon...
Old 15th August 2008, 11:55   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday was a big day for me yea it was my birthday and i presented myself a Adventure i guess this is the best gift i have ever got in my lifetime!!

Always admired this machine and hoped to own one sometime, and the tine as arrived!

yesterday was busy day for me had to finish a project and was very keen on getting the acr yesterday, so around 4ish i picked the car and took it to "greentrax" and got a check done... the issue is the couple of doors have to be painted because of the rust...and the silencer need to be replaced.. else it looks fine for now..

I was thinking of leaving it in greentrax for the serive and the works but was very disappointed with the attitude of the service adviser(Babu) they were doing it for the sake types....

Guess have to find another workshop so am in search...

Thats all will keep updating you guys and also the pics hehe
I don't know whether there is a thread about things to be taken care of for geting the car painted. I tried but couldn't find it, So mods plzz spare me.
So what all care has to be taken when a car is geting repainted.
Like for ex. what should we look for in the showroom that ensures that a good paint job is done.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:57   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
raghav & Khan, which tyres you think will be good for this beast? am looking for a tough tyre.......
Am no expert on tyres buddy. I recently changed to Goodyear Ventura on my S10 just 2 weeks back.

Do post it in tyres section and I am sure folks will help you out based on your needs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks