Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2007, 11:25   #46
BANNED

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post deleted. Personal attacks on fellow BHPians are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. All members are part of the Team-BHP family and any discriminating or derogatory comment is uncalled for.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further, and to prevent your account from being permanently disabled.

Last edited by DCEite : 16th December 2007 at 11:44. Reason: See note.
diabloo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th December 2007, 11:32   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Ask that to hrman and you will get a better answer because, birds of a feather flock together.
And I would want that bird to be a White Dove with an Olive leaf in its beak...

Can we have Siva's views on the thread till now? Has this thread helped him? Or have things become all the more confusing?
Old 16th December 2007, 11:44   #48
BANNED

My suggestions:
Resale: -even- (to take call at this point of time)
FE: NHC
low maintenance: -even-
good service network: SX4
comfort: NHC
Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Now, I would like to know your suggestions, which is the best car to keep next 6 to 7 Years in terms of FE, low maintenance, good service network, comfort and etc? Please suggest.
Old 16th December 2007, 12:20   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hey, this is cool.
Is it possible to simulate airbags as well somehow? Because my Verna doesn't have any and I'd like some.
Airbags can be simulated as well. You just need these in your car like the mercedes:

http://fracas.files.wordpress.com/20...rbag-thumb.jpg
Old 16th December 2007, 13:39   #50
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Is it possible to simulate airbags as well somehow? Because my Verna doesn't have any and I'd like some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Airbags can be simulated as well. You just need these in your car like the mercedes:
http://fracas.files.wordpress.com/20...rbag-thumb.jpg

Is this a standard feature for the S-class? Now wonder the cars are so high- priced!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 16th December 2007 at 13:40.
Old 16th December 2007, 14:30   #51
BHPian

Quote:
echnically, you can simulate ABS action manually in NHC and so this advantage if SX4 is nullified.
True, this is called cadence braking. However, in reality, during a panic braking, I wonder how many will have the nerve to simulate ABS

Quote:
Maximum torque
12.8 (kg-m/rpm) at 2700 RPM
14.5 (Kg-m/rpm) at 4500 RPM
You can't compare two engines with a single RPM value. One needs to see entire power torque curve to reach a conclusion.

Both SX4 and NHC are excellent cars. We can argue indefinitely without reaching a conclusion. Ultimately, it's personal preference.

Honda's quality is far ahead of Suzuki's, there's no debate. However, everything comes at a price. For value of money, Suzuki is always a winner, especially in Indian context.

If you see Honda's & Suzuki's profiles, you'll discover that Honda always tries to create a refined vehicle where as Suzuki aimed for rough & tough cars. Both excel in their own fields, but I always believe (personal opinion of course) Indian market is better playground for Suzuki than Honda.
Old 16th December 2007, 18:24   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
And I would want that bird to be a White Dove with an Olive leaf in its beak...

Can we have Siva's views on the thread till now? Has this thread helped him? Or have things become all the more confusing?
Dear all,

Thanks a lot for useful views. Some have my family doesn't like SX4 interiors, Rear View is very difficult, side beam is makes difficult to look at the object near to Front Wheels. So, we are here with decided NO for SX4. Today took a TD of Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXi (7.26L). Driving and handling found more comfort. Very soon planned to choose City GXi (8.63 L - 11K worth accessories) or Fiesta ZXi (7.26L - asked for 10K worth accessories (Sun Film, Parking Sensor and Car Cover). Ofcourse I will inform you all once I Booked. Please suggest me which is best VFM? Plz Fiesta Owners share the FE of 1.4 ZXi?
Old 16th December 2007, 19:54   #53
Senior - BHPian

as I suggested before, why leave Aveo out? It also comes with ABS and Airbags option on the LT.

WEll appointed interiors with the best comfort. Driving is not enthusiastic.

DO look at this one.
Old 16th December 2007, 23:07   #54

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
I dind't expect this from a senior-BHPian. Boss the City VTEC deliver max torque at 4800 RPM. So does it mean the VTEC is not fun to drive when compared to the i-DSI. You gotta be kidding. Please read the max torque values as well. The max torque of SX4/VTEC are on the higher side than the i-DSI. FYI the SX4 has a flat torqur curve so I bet the SX4 deliver more torque at 2700 RPMs than the i-DSI.
dont forget the word V-T-E-C.thats why the nhc vtec is good to drive even at low rpms as well as high rpm's.
and there is difference between "drivable" and "fun to drive".
a lot of members find the swift ddis to be fun to drive and it produces torque around 2000rpm,while the same lot may also find the ohc vtec to be fun to drive though it produces max power at 6800rpm.
fun to drive doesnt just mean bhp figures and torque values.a lot of other feature factor in as well like handling,throttle response,steering feel,engine sound/exhaust note.
And this is why the nhc vtec cant be compared to the ohc vtec as the steering feel is nil.the car doesnt let you know of the speeds it can do.basically there is no feedback between the road,the engine and the gearbox.

Last edited by hellspawn : 16th December 2007 at 23:08.
Old 16th December 2007, 23:17   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post

I understand your sentiment and I am sorry if any of you get offended. I too use a company NHC Gxi temporary and loves it. But to say, having a NHC is a status symbol, is bit odd comparing to what it offers. Status symbol is owning an expensive and rare object,to show one's high social status. Yes right, NHC is a rare pearl that elevates to this club whereas Bentlies are so common cars in India that even my next door neighbour who runs a small cement store owns one. Even if the car does not have ABS/Airbags/Climatronics/Alloys/temperature gauge/state of the art security system etc., hey, bro, how does it matter, as long as you can feel INDUCTED to this exclusive club! If you got the picture, snob value is NOT status symbol. It is just a make belief imagination that hangs around upper middle class families that started up. Purely utopian school of thought and nothing else. And if you feel happy about it, sure, enjoy it. That only shows how irrational and ignorant most people are in India.

So, basically you are trying to compare Honda Motors Corporation with Indian Maruti! Don't go rubbish by dragging legendary Honda's reputation and might with the filmsy car maker, Maruti. Comparision should be made on fair level grounds and equating Honda and Maruti, is like, hare and tortoise racing. Having said that, even after 4 revamps on NHC, the looks are still aweful to many and still to these days, the popular Exi/Gxi/CVT/VTEC does not even get safety features that it deserves. So, to sum up, in the past 4 revamps, the changes are only cosmetics (just as in maruti 800, Zen). And still, they couldn't get the car in shape and enticing enough! So, instead of a progression, it is regression! To add to this, even the design of new Accord is a way step backward and possibly a copycat of Hyundai. Only if you see Civic, would one appreciate its design. For that matter, GM, Ford and Suzuki can design car better than Honda. Newbie launches just as Fiesta, SX4, looks fabulous. Don't you agree? You'll say, NO, but who cares, most majority do and that is what it matters!
it makes me wonder why you are so anti-Honda and pro-suzuki.do you work for suzuki/maruti(saying this as you are pretty fond of quoting this line if some other member goes anti sx4).
and buddy buying a 8lac car is a status showing thingy for people as they could have bought an alto if they just wanted mobility.
i have driven both the cars and the nhc is miles ahead.
you have bought the sx4,nobody is telling you how the car is.so it would be better if you give facts and let the "to be owner" decide.
if i had a choice between the nhc and the sx4,i would buy the nhc even though it doesnt have these safety features.i was driving a zen before,and have still managed to survive on the roads so i think i can manage without those safety features on the honda city as well.
AND I'LL TELL YOU THE BIGGEST SAFETY FEATURE...DONT DRIVE ABOVE 40KMPH.
Old 16th December 2007, 23:29   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
AND I'LL TELL YOU THE BIGGEST SAFETY FEATURE...DONT DRIVE ABOVE 40KMPH.
Hardly a guarantee that you will escape unscathed in an accident under 40 kmph. Depends what sort of impact. Hitting a pole at 40 kmph maybe worse than rear ending another vehicle at same speed.

Also, an Alto at 40 kmph will probably be safer than a Maruti 800. All we can try and do is try to buy the safest car one can afford, and pray.
Old 16th December 2007, 23:35   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by ported_head View Post
Hardly a guarantee that you will escape unscathed in an accident under 40 kmph. Depends what sort of impact. Hitting a pole at 40 kmph maybe worse than rear ending another vehicle at same speed.

Also, an Alto at 40 kmph will probably be safer than a Maruti 800. All we can try and do is try to buy the safest car one can afford, and pray.
convince my dad..and i will gift you the sx4..
Old 16th December 2007, 23:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
convince my dad..and i will gift you the sx4..
Haha. I wish I had the power to convince my folks, let alone others. Which is why I occasionally get to drive a Swift with no ABS and still running on 165 section tyres.
Old 17th December 2007, 00:06   #59
Team-BHP Support

Its fiesta 1.4 v/s NHC now!

Guys,

The thread starter has decided that its going to be a call between fiesta 1.4 and NHC. So, i guess its high time we leave the (SX4 v/s NHC) topic alone.

Old 17th December 2007, 00:10   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys,

The thread starter has decided that its going to be a call between fiesta 1.4 and NHC. So, i guess its high time we leave the (SX4 v/s NHC) topic alone.

all this discussion gone in vain....
i think if the thread starter can afford the nhc...he should go for it.
both the cars are actually in different segments.the fiesta 1.4 is in the c segment while the nhc would be in c+ segment.
though i would love to know,what exactly does the thread starter want from his car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks