Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 23:58   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post

The sound of a stock ROCAM engine is pure Music.
i completely agree with this statement 1100D , infact once you cross 2500 - 3000rpm the sound of the engine is so addictive that you feel like pushing the car to cross that range everytime
Old 20th December 2007, 10:23   #32
BHPian

Ford Ikon has a better road grip and stability compared to Accent. Still the Ikon looks much better than the Accent. Cost of maintainance, A.S.S and resale value would be a problem for Ikon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Infact once you cross 2500 - 3000rpm the sound of the engine is so addictive that you feel like pushing the car to cross that range everytime
Yeah, thats absolutely true.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:26   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
I really hate the cost cutting that is visible in IKON (Both internal and external).
Since you have gone ahead and made this statement, would be great if you could also clarify the same. Else, desist from such statements.

A.S.S. is something which pops up time and time again when people mention the Ford. Agreed there are some dealers who resort to the same, but dont dealers from other manufacturers also resort to quick ways of making money? I dont think the infection is specific to Ford dealers alone.

As far as resale is concerned, i dont think the Accent scores very high on it as well.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 20th December 2007 at 10:29.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:43   #34
BHPian

@benbsb29
Cost cutting seen in IKON
Look at the ORVMS (which are/were always black even in the high end IKON 1.6). They look as if taken off a scooter. And oh! those black door handles look and feel cheap. I can't believe that Ford gave those in 1.6 also, which was priced almost 7L on road in 2003.
The dash in IKON is bland (not saying that Accent has great interiors, the plastic feel cheap in Accent as well). Atleast Accent 1.6 came with well moulded doors.
My comparison of aesthetics is between that of Accent 1.6 (that came with ABS) and IKON 1.6 (in 2003). To me, the Accent scored in everything but the fun to drive factor and the back seat ergonomics.
I don't think the interiors of IKON has changed much since then (Ofcourse the new bumper looks awesome).

[FONT=Verdana]About resale value[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#800080]http://www.carwale.com/mycarwale/carvaluation/Valuation.aspx?id=1327151[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#800080]http://www.carwale.com/mycarwale/carvaluation/Valuation.aspx?id=1327155[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]If carwale is taken as reference, an excellently maintained IKON 1.3 (June 2004) in Bangalore fetches you 2,87,500[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] where as the same make Accent 1.5 fetches you 3,69,500</SPAN>. You can check the same for IKON 1.6 and Accent GLS (both were similarly priced in June 2004) and see the difference[/SIZE][/FONT]</SPAN>
Old 20th December 2007, 10:47   #35
BHPian

Quote:
@WhiteKnight
I am very comfortable with the drivers seat in Accent 1.6 (which is height adjustable). The visibility is good.
Surprising that you found Esteem's driver seat better than that of Accent.
I'm sorry my statement was misleading. My problem is when I am on the driver's seat, my focus is elsewhere than the seat per-se. Having said that I find Esteem's front seat (height adjustable too) lacks on lower-back support, which I negate with a pillow.

Quote:
Agree that it has a fantastic engine.
For some people, definition of a fantastic car must begin with a fantastic engine.
Old 20th December 2007, 10:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really hate the cost cutting that is visible in IKON (Both internal and external).
Really? And which Ikon model is that ?
Old 20th December 2007, 10:57   #37
BHPian

@benbsb29
Cost cutting seen in IKON
Look at the ORVMS (which are/were always black even in the high end IKON 1.6). They look as if taken off a scooter. And oh! those black door handles look and feel cheap. I can't believe that Ford gave those in 1.6 also, which was priced almost 7L on road in 2003.
The dash in IKON is bland (not saying that Accent has great interiors, the plastic feel cheap in Accent as well). Atleast Accent 1.6 came with well moulded doors.
My comparison of aesthetics is between that of Accent 1.6 (that came with ABS) and IKON 1.6 (in 2003). To me, the Accent scored in everything but the fun to drive factor and the back seat ergonomics.
I don't think the interiors of IKON has changed much since then (Ofcourse the new bumper looks awesome).

[FONT=Verdana]About resale value[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#800080]http://www.carwale.com/mycarwale/carvaluation/Valuation.aspx?id=1327151[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=#800080]http://www.carwale.com/mycarwale/carvaluation/Valuation.aspx?id=1327155[/COLOR][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]If carwale is taken as reference, an excellently maintained IKON 1.3 (June 2004) in Bangalore fetches you 2,87,500[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] where as the same make Accent 1.5 fetches you 3,69,500</SPAN>. You can check the same for IKON 1.6 and Accent GLS (both were similarly priced in June 2004) and see the difference[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 20th December 2007, 11:21   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
I'm sorry I do not agree. IMO, Accent back seat is the worst among mid-sizers
, I felt it was bested even by the Esteem in this regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The new Ikon has been revamped, and looks a lot better in the interior now
Yep, new beige interiors actually look pretty good - both plastics and fabrics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
i completely agree with this statement 1100D , infact once you cross 2500 - 3000rpm the sound of the engine is so addictive that you feel like pushing the car to cross that range everytime
Hehehe - took it past 4000 during a TD and got a "Careful saar please..." from the salesman, fortunately for him I was only in 3rd gear
Old 22nd December 2007, 22:48   #39
BHPian

Ikon anyday... i owned the car for 3 years was really really happy with it... i still miss it... the handling, the sound of the engine, the feel of the car, everything is amazing... its a car where you can let your heart rule over your head...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks