Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2007, 14:43   #16
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is a great car to drive and you will love it in city,but but and but if your heart says Safari then you better buy Safari and Safari 2.2 is also fun to drive in city.

and Trust me you will enjoy driving it after sometime and parking is not a big problem if you do it carefully and i have seen people scraping ALTOs in parking as well.

but OWN THE ROAD feeling will compensate for small problems like finding parking etc etc.

Now,lets do a simple situation test

sometime down the line,imagine you driving Cedia and a brand new safari 2.2 in your fav color zooms past.
and you feel ,Oh Jeez what i have done ? i should have bought Safari

i hope things are clear after this test.

Injoy
Old 20th December 2007, 14:46   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post

Now,lets do a simple situation test

sometime down the line,imagine you driving Cedia and a brand new safari 2.2 in your fav color zooms past.
and you feel ,Oh Jeez what i have done ? i should have bought Safari
Unfortunately the safari doesnt have enough grunt to zoom past a cedia... it'll mostly be the other way round. Bad example.
Old 20th December 2007, 14:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Unfortunately the safari doesnt have enough grunt to zoom past a cedia... it'll mostly be the other way round. Bad example.
you might wanna consider a situation where you are driving 80 ans someone else is driving 100 then will he zoom past you or not.

did i ever say trying to race with a safari ? Bad perception
Old 20th December 2007, 14:58   #19
Senior - BHPian

Personal experience says I've never been overtaken by a safari doing any speed. If on a road, a safari is doing 100, I'd not be sitting at 80 .

Anyway all this is irrelevant. The thread creator seems to have already taken his decision.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

There can be no comparision between the two. You just need to decide whether you want to go ahead with your head or heart.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Personal experience says I've never been overtaken by a safari doing any speed.
Well, its good to see you have a lot of spirit, we need some more drivers like you in the NCR. Here, they (I'm talking sedans in general) scatter when they see a Safari in their mirrors . Perhaps its because they're not sure what the lunatic driving the Safari would do in case they couldn't shake him off. The only ones I've seen so far who sometimes zip off are the Vernas

Quote:
If on a road, a safari is doing 100, I'd not be sitting at 80 .
I'd say it depends on the road......there are quite a few stretches where the truck could cruise comfortably at relatively high speeds over bad surfaces where a sedan would have to slow down. Yes, yes, I know about the rally genes but even then.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:18   #22

Hi visu

Hi,

Nothing is good or bad only thing makes it so........

Always go by what your heart says....SAFARI

Quote:
Originally Posted by visu03 View Post
Hi,

I have been driving cars for last 10 years, but it’s TBHP that has taught me a lot about machines and features. Many thanks to BHP Team.

I have read a lot on TBHP, test driven few cars and finally arrived at two choices Cedia Sports or Safari 2.2. Can you please provide me your inputs and help me to make a good choice. (I know some of you might be confused with the choice i have made - Car vs SUV)

Budget
Ex Show room 9-10 lakhs

Usage
About 600 KMS a month in city. Another 500 KMS every two months on highway.

Family
Most of the times (80%) I drive alone in the car. Other times it will be my wife and one year old kid. Occasionally when I am at my parents I have 4 adults in the car.

Previous Ownership
I have owned/ driven the following cars
  • Zen petrol
  • Indica Diesel
  • Viva Petrol 1.6
Specialty in this buy
Till now I have been buying and selling cars every 3 years. This time I want to buy a car and keep it for 6-8 years. I will buy another small car that I and/or my wife can use for pure city driving.

Also this time I am more aware of technology, features, performance, VFM etc [FONT=Wingdings]. [/FONT]Now to the cars, why I selected them

Cedia: Looks, performance, manuarability in city traffic, ride quality, VFM

Safari: Choice of my heart (Wanted to buy one since few years, but couldn’t afford it)

What’s bothering me to make a decision
Since I want to keep the car for 6-8 years I am not sure how Safari will fare. Also in city I am little skeptical about parking it in few areas.

Cedia being petrol may prove expensive if I make few long trips.

Thanks for being patient and reading my whole story. Now it’s your turn to advise me.

P.S. I have driven Optra Magnum/ Corolla and I am not happy with them.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Why does each thread in the what car section turn into a car A `VS` car B thread ?
Sigh...

Quote:
Safari: Choice of my heart (Wanted to buy one since few years, but couldn’t afford it)
Listen to your heart ,most of the people do otherwise we all would have been driving vehicles which look like boxes and give 20 kmpl.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 20th December 2007 at 15:38.
Old 20th December 2007, 15:50   #24
Team-BHP Support

Buy the Cedia + a second hand MM540xDP4wd open top.

the vice versa will not work, as a cheap second hand car is not comparable to the sheer fun of a Jeep.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:40   #25
Senior - BHPian

You said Safari is you heart's choice. Will you be able to live with that thorn in your heart after buying the cedia that you could have gone for safari?

I would suggest you follow your heart. Cedia maybe more logical but that is not something you want.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:52   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can some one tell me how will safari work out if i wish to keep it for 6~8 years. I may clock 70k kms in 6~8 years.
It should not be how will Safari work out, but how long.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:57   #27
Senior - BHPian

Both are equally good in their respective segments. If you plan to keep the car long the buy a Honda/Toyota

Mitsubishi's future is uncertain and Tata is going to launch the X2 in some time next year.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:04   #28
Senior - BHPian

Going by your requirements, you dont really need the Safari. The Cedia is right for you, and its a very chuckable car that you can have lots of fun in. Since you drive primarily in the city, you will definitely find the Cedia more fun than the Safari which requires highways and some bad roads to have fun in. Not to mention that the Cedia will also feel much better put together, tighter and wont be prone to the occasional niggle or two.

Drive a petrol car and enjoy the feel while you still can afford it - you may not be able to reconcile yourself to petrol costs in 6 - 8 years. Buy your diesel truck then.

Quote:
Since I want to keep the car for 6-8 years I am not sure how Safari will fare. I may clock 70k kms in 6~8 years.
Just to clarify, mine has done 50k kms in 2.3 years and most of it is very high mileage clocked in short spans of time when I am back in the country - typically 5k kms in 2 weeks of hard and very punishing drives.

I have no doubts that mine will hit the milestone you mentioned before I complete 3 years, and yes it is rattle-free and tight. Considering the abuse I put it through, that is quite something though I have ensured that it gets R&R after when I'm not around.

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th December 2007 at 17:11.
Old 20th December 2007, 17:09   #29
BHPian

visu03, your heart says a safari but what does your wife's heart say? If both of you have the Safari in your heart, then go for it. Remember, the members of the forums will suggest the pros and cons of both the cars but it is you and your wife who will have to live with it for the coming years. So decide amongst yourselves and then get the vehicle on which you both can agree.
Old 20th December 2007, 20:20   #30
BHPian

visu03, If you are really in love with Safari, i suggest you go for it, you wont regret i'm sure.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks