Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2007, 16:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

TD for Esteem & U-VA

I did a test drive for the Esteem and U-VA today. Esteem was done with Bimal. He have only 2 Wine Red color Esteem LXi model & 1 Black VXi model in stock. There was no vehicle available in showroom in Indira nagar. So, he took me to his yard. Oh!!! There were 100s of car [all make of maruthi]. In the dead end there was sitting these 2 wine red LXi. No one can belive that this is a new car. Not only this car, but almost all cars over there is so dirty. He said they take this and do water wash and other test before send it to showroom for deleivery. Not able to take it out also since there was many cars around it. So, went to Bimal on Mahadevpura and got VXi model.
Man, its really good space inside and very comfortable. Even though technically i cannot make out, I just took it for a drive. The power was good and its turning raidous is something I really loved. The seats are bucket seats. Good and comfortable. No rattleing, brakes were good. I took it through the bumpy roads and my friend behind felt it smooth than his own Santro. I too really liked all features in this. He siad the FE is around 13 in city & over 15 for highway.

Now the finance portion. They iniitaly said they would give me 35K discount and that's it. Then they settled down for 5000 more with Basic accesories or remote lock & sunflim. But I am not convinced for this since its going to be discountinued. [May be i am too greedy!!!] Requested for insurance waiver & 3 &4th year waranty. Not sure if they are ok. But need to check again. All this will work if the booking is done before this 31st which is little difficult for me.

Then I went to Sundaran for U-VA. Intially there was no test drive car. The sales person there was very friendly and briefing me about the car. It was sapcious too. I think its more spacious in the small car. I liked the interiors also. They said they will be able to bring the car to my place tomorrow for TD. When I was about to leave, I was lucky that the car went for TD came back. So, I took the test drive.

The ride comfort is good in this also. But less visibility then Esteem. I was trying to press the horn, but nothing happened. Seems the Horn has to be pressed only in the center. Then instead of left indicator, I put the wiper twice. Yes, it has these controls on opp side than my Zen or other normal car. The FE was told to be 9-10 in city. This is one I couldnt digest.

They had a offer for this december like Insurance is free + 1 MP3 player with 4 speakers. So, on road price is 497133. Apart from this nothing is offered. This is applicable only for the vehicle booked and billed before 31st dec. Again a trouble.

After returning home, i am really confused if I should go for the latest car like U-VA or old odel Esteem. Even though it is old model, I think its really good. So, tough fighting is going on between these models.

I am more towards Esteem if they offer me the insurance package. Will keep you updated if I get any good response from the dealers.

umm... Time to decide. Also, if i cannot make it before this december, then these offers are gone!!!

MJ
Old 21st December 2007, 17:03   #2
BHPian

Am not sure.. but I guess even the UVA may be discontinued as GM is planning an Aveo Hatch..
Old 21st December 2007, 17:28   #3
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Am not sure.. but I guess even the UVA may be discontinued as GM is planning an Aveo Hatch..
i really dont think the UVA will be discontinued. its selling in decent numbers, at least i see a lot of them in BLR. even these numbers must be significant for Chevy. and besides, AFAIK, the UVA is the Aveo hatch.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

if you really dont mind depreciation (once discontinued), let me put it in a better way, if you are planning to use the car for more than 5 years and slightly outdated design compared to rest of junta go for ESTEEM its reliable and cheap to maintain, otherwise stick to UVA.
Old 21st December 2007, 17:48   #5
BHPian

Between Chevy and Maruti, i would suggest to go for Maruti for its wide and trusted A.S.S. Esteem overall is a nice package. It has good space and the ride is nice.

I drive it and i am very happy with it.
Old 21st December 2007, 18:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Go for the esteem.U get marutis after sales service+more power+a boot.
And in the class factor too UVA is a hatch and esteem is a sedan so
Old 24th December 2007, 07:41   #7
BHPian

I also was in the same state of confusion UVA vs Esteem 2 months ago. And finally decided for Esteem.
Trust me, you are going to love this car. Very stable, very smooth.
For the discount part...I got 50k + basic acc+autocop remote control+sunfilm.
Among the dealers I found Bimal to be having the least interesting offerings. Go to RNS or Mandovi. They are very aggressive in sales and would offer better deals.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks