Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2007, 11:02   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I am not pretty sure about that. The Fords diesel engine maybe producing lesser power/torque compared to the competition but when it comes to refinement and NVH the Ford engine is better then even the Swift DDIS
Also the driveability of the ford diesel (fiesta/fusion) is very good despite lacking in sheer power/acceleration.

However, I'd stick to Swift VDi ABS among the options available now.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 31st December 2007 at 11:08.
Old 31st December 2007, 12:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

If you can wait for 2-3 months, Palio 1.3 JTD would be a nice choice!
Old 31st December 2007, 13:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

More Refined

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I am not pretty sure about that. The Fords diesel engine maybe producing lesser power/torque compared to the competition but when it comes to refinement and NVH the Ford engine is better then even the Swift DDIS
I agree here, the Fusion diesel is much more refined than any other diesel in India and in the same class. Drive it to see how smooth and refined the engine is, as good as a CRDE. If you TD the Verna, Swift D, Indica etc., the Fusion D stands out in this area.

--Ramky
Old 31st December 2007, 13:17   #19
BHPian

wait for the palio 1.3 atleast, make your decision after the launch.
its a wait and watch game for now i feel
Old 31st December 2007, 14:00   #20
tez
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
If you can wait for 2-3 months, Palio 1.3 JTD would be a nice choice!
Would sincerely ask you to wait till Auto Expo. The releases will be declared and then u can take a call based on options available. As per the current options, other tbhpians have already said enough. Dont want to repeat the same statements again.
Old 31st December 2007, 14:12   #21
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tez View Post
Would sincerely ask you to wait till Auto Expo. The releases will be declared and then u can take a call based on options available. As per the current options, other tbhpians have already said enough. Dont want to repeat the same statements again.
A very sound advice. Also, let me add that if you want to be absolutely sure let a new launch be 'on the road' for three months or so, in order to unearth any remaining reliability issues.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:00   #22
BHPian

Go for the Swift Vdi...And if you can hold on, may be Palio MJD would be a better bet.
Old 31st December 2007, 16:02   #23
tez
BHPian

Palio MJD is still to be confirmed. I wish it comes with 90bhp.(Ah!! dreams..)
Old 31st December 2007, 16:27   #24
BHPian

Swift DDiS

Considering your budget, Swift DDiS is a decent buy....... Check out the best car polls (Swift ddis is 2nd place.....hope this helps you decide)
Old 31st December 2007, 17:51   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_pulsar View Post
Within 6 lacs OTR, you get only 2 diesel cars: Swift and Indica. Since you have ruled out the Indica, Swift is your only option.

The Logan neither offers ABS nor climate control and cheapest diesel(DLE) exceeds your budget by half a lac.
There was a 30k discount on the Logan diesel in mid-december in Mumbai. Not sure if that would still be available in January. If it is, it should put the Logan DLE within your budget. Be warned though that it is a strictly no frills car with few comforts to offer beyond space (which is amazingly generous). The drive was decidedly inferior to the Swift DDiS.

If you want the Swift VDI with ABS, I would recommend checking on delivery times with your local dealers. Here in Mumbai, they are saying a minimum of ten weeks with no guarantees on how much longer it might take. One dealer told me he had orders pending from September with no visbility on when they might be fulfilled. That apart, its a good car and I'm thinking of getting one myself if I can get some clarity on when it might finally be delivered.

Haven't driven the Getz CRDI so can't comment on that.
Old 1st January 2008, 04:48   #26
Senior - BHPian

thanks for all the valuable suggestions guys, but the swift-D idea has been canceled for budget constraints my dad wanted me to revert back to indica turbo diesel!, but i dint want to drive one so, finally convinced my dad, on a second hand zen 2005 model but 2006 registration!, we saw the car in Maruthi true value yesterday, and the price has been quoted 3.2lacs for the LXI model, is this price worth the car?

am i paying more than i am suppose to?
i mean had a feeling that the prices of the seconds zen would not cross 2.5lac but now its like more by 70K and i really liked the car, the guy there started the engine, and was smooth was like around 30K Kms on the odo.

here are usage requirements,
i need a decent 12-14KMPL in the city atleast, and highway figures anyway go to 18+kmpl so i am fine with it!
i need a stable car on highways till 120kmpH i think this i can get by putting in a little broader tyres! or is it worse than wagon R for i have some idea about the highway stability of wagon R!
my driving will be 60% city and 40% city, so will this be the best bet or should i go in for ESTEEM which is around 3lacs too?
and finally on an average i will be doing like 8000 to 14000kms a year!

i would like a check list,PROS and CONS for this car, before i do my killing , guys please bare with me and help me out in buying this car here!

MODS please rename this thread or if not start a new thread for me thanks all in advance!

Last edited by rider60 : 1st January 2008 at 05:02.
Old 1st January 2008, 05:49   #27
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
on a second hand zen 2005 model but 2006 registration!, we saw the car in Maruthi true value yesterday, and the price has been quoted 3.2lacs for the LXI model, is this price worth the car?
2006 model is -as of today- considered 2 years old with 30k on odo. that too LXi. I think price is on the higher side. But then, true value prices always are!

I bought my WagonR from true value too. It was a 2 year car run 27k kms, VXi and price was 2.9L (which I thought was high, but paid for the warrantee of true value)
Old 1st January 2008, 11:26   #28
Senior - BHPian

As soon as I see such a topic my mind screams Swift D. I dont like the design that much however the DDsi engine is so refined I have only heard good reviews about it.

Once you buy it dont waste too much time to add a little blue box under the hood from uncle pete.
Old 1st January 2008, 12:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
on a second hand zen 2005 model but 2006 registration!, we saw the car in Maruthi true value yesterday, and the price has been quoted 3.2lacs for the LXI model, is this price worth the car?
Thats way to high, even in true value that should not be more then 2.5L
Old 1st January 2008, 14:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
thanks for all the valuable suggestions guys, but the swift-D idea has been canceled for budget constraints my dad wanted me to revert back to indica turbo diesel!, but i dint want to drive one so, finally convinced my dad, on a second hand zen 2005 model but 2006 registration!, we saw the car in Maruthi true value yesterday, and the price has been quoted 3.2lacs for the LXI model, is this price worth the car?
Thats way too much for a car that has been discontinued, is 3 years old (by manufacturing date), has run 30k kms and is a lower end LXi to boot. Avoid buying a Zen, because your resale will fetch you next to nothing in a few years' time.

The amount of mileage you expect to do in a year doesn't justify the extra cost of a diesel, my suggestion is to take a look at petrol options as well - especially if the DDiS Swift is out of reach.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks