Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2008, 15:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Hey, the Innova is the best option. It ages well. *** is fantastic. Car is a dream to drive. Comfort, build quality etc are outstanding. Resale is good. Good for long drives. Cant go wrong with the car. Just ask your friend to get one home. He'll love it.
Old 18th January 2008, 16:12   #32
Senior - BHPian

How about the top end Sumo Grande?

Last edited by suman : 18th January 2008 at 16:24.
Old 18th January 2008, 16:25   #33
Senior - BHPian

GetZ Crdi will be the good choice.Here in Chennai they are plannning to delivery from Feb.I am waiting for the GetZ Crdi with ABS launch.I defn need ABS most probably GetZ Crdi GLS.Currently they have only one Vesion GetZ Crdi GVS.Hope will be available before April 2008
Old 18th January 2008, 20:08   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by determinus View Post
Thanks folks. Magnum is ruled out because of Chevy's track record (as mentioned in the first post) and also because the tag may become 10+. So it is down to Innova vs Verna.

While Innova is definitely (as GTO says) a true all rounder, he has concerns that the landing cost (all done) may go above 10L. He just needs to pick up the phone and talk to the dealer there, but I asked him to hold on. JKDas mentioned a 75k discount on 2007 models. So what is the final on-road price for a G4 in TVM? I thought knowing this upfront before talking to the dealer might be more useful.
push for a discount and youll get the g4 on road for less than 10l.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:34   #35
BHPian

I would still suggest the Verna. The Innova will be a pain to drive and park in Trivandrum city. Besides, the Verna has the lowest spare costs in it's segment according to the ACI survey. That's a plus. Where the Innova scores is in long drives with plenty of people.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:38   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
I would still suggest the Verna. The Innova will be a pain to drive and park in Trivandrum city. Besides, the Verna has the lowest spare costs in it's segment according to the ACI survey. That's a plus. Where the Innova scores is in long drives with plenty of people.
buddy have you driven one to comment on that? i have and its not difficult at all. as i said earlier its just a little bit longer and wider than nhc. it just looks alot bigger.
Old 18th January 2008, 20:58   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
buddy have you driven one to comment on that? i have and its not difficult at all. as i said earlier its just a little bit longer and wider than nhc. it just looks alot bigger.
Have you driven on Trivandrum roads to comment, may I ask. For your info, I have driven the Innova. Besides, I've driven the Scorpio a lot on Trivandrum roads and parking it in the city was a real pain. Besides, some of the roads here are so narrow, driving such cars through them is pretty difficult.
Old 18th January 2008, 21:01   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt. View Post
Have you driven on Trivandrum roads to comment, may I ask. For your info, I have driven the Innova. Besides, I've driven the Scorpio a lot on Trivandrum roads and parking it in the city was a real pain. Besides, some of the roads here are so narrow, driving such cars through them is pretty difficult.
actually i havent. but i dont think they can be much worse than bombay roads. and this is for pune why are we talking about tvm.
Old 18th January 2008, 21:05   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
actually i havent. but i dont think they can b much worse than bombay roads.

It's not a question of being worse in terms of traffic. I would call them different. The main city has very narrow roads for the traffic due to various factors which include long pending road widening and uneven terrain.
Old 18th January 2008, 21:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

OUt of the Verna and Innova, it is indeed a very tough choice. Both cars are fantastic in their own way. If he wants to keep the car for long i would suggest the Toyota hands down. The G4 comes to be less then 10L OTR TVM.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:58   #41
BHPian

Lasting long can go well only with a few car makers. (1) Toyota (2) VW / Skoda (in this case) and (3) Mitsubishi. Honestly Hyundai or Maruti isn't well put together to last over 2 lac Km trouble free. Adding factors like low cost of maintenance and good service back up eliminates Skoda from the list. And Mitsubishi only has the 11 years old (that's obsolete) lancer to offer in that price bracket. That leaves you with only one option TOYOTA and it has the INNOVA that fits your friend's budget like a glove.

Ask your frind to go ahead and buy a Toyota Innova G4
Old 24th January 2008, 19:12   #42
Senior - BHPian

Just one thing. If you are looking for a long lasting diesel. Stay away from the Indian CRDi's. They are known for less engine lifes. Especially the Hyundai CRDi. With that kind of budget you should really be looking at the Innova and the Fabia. If you wanna save some money try out the Sumo Grande.
Old 24th January 2008, 19:37   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just one thing. If you are looking for a long lasting diesel. Stay away from the Indian CRDi's. They are known for less engine lifes. Especially the Hyundai CRDi. With that kind of budget you should really be looking at the Innova and the Fabia. If you wanna save some money try out the Sumo Grande.
and Sumo isnt an Indian ?
And how would you rate the Magnum then?

The rumor of CRDi failure is coz of use of bad fuel in long run and maintenance.
Old 25th January 2008, 08:35   #44
Senior - BHPian

No M.E background but almost all the Accent CRDis i've know have had to have an engine overhaul around 80-90K km. And almost all the Qualis engines i know have run over 1.5L without a complain. I personannly know one that has done over 2.2L km and is still as silent and smooth as a new engine!! No exagerrations but the guy used to take real good care of his car. The Sumo engine (Except VVT) has proven its worth in our 207s and 407s thats why i said its ok.

SOmehow my logic says that the Magnum too would not last long in terms of engine life since the car would be running at much higher rpms all the time. The engine redlines pretty soon for the magnum. THis means that it is being 'pushed' almost all the time its running. DOnt you think that would affect its long term life? Not sure just layman logic working here. Probably someone could correct.

Last edited by gemithomas : 25th January 2008 at 08:36.
Old 25th January 2008, 10:29   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just one thing. If you are looking for a long lasting diesel. Stay away from the Indian CRDi's.
It is sad to see these sort of rumours floating around now. Common Rail engines have been in the market for over 5 year now - back in 2002 one could attribute such views to the fact that these engines were new and sort of untested.

If this were really the case, people would still be driving converted Ambassadors with Matador engines.

The times have moved. We need to move on too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks