Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2008, 10:51   #46
Senior - BHPian

determinus - did ur friend finally buy a car ? with so many people actively giving options - pls update whether he is close to a decision...

anyway let me also give my "free advice" -
i presume he is going for a diesel bcos of the economy factor right ?
then why not consider CEDIA LPG ? im not very sure about widespread availability of LPG in tvm but if its the case, then good
car can comfortably seat 4 and is rock solid in highways based on what many passionate owners have commented..
Old 25th January 2008, 12:52   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
determinus - did ur friend finally buy a car ? with so many people actively giving options - pls update whether he is close to a decision...
Situation is still Innova vs Verna, the decision isnt made yet. I would go for an Innova, and I think he is inclining to; The only reason he might decide on the Verna would be due to the brand/ service familiarity. Thanks all for the advices.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:42   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Just one thing. If you are looking for a long lasting diesel. Stay away from the Indian CRDi's. They are known for less engine lifes. Especially the Hyundai CRDi. With that kind of budget you should really be looking at the Innova and the Fabia. If you wanna save some money try out the Sumo Grande.
Gemi,
Hyundai CRDi isn't Indian.
Hyundai had technical colloboration with Detriot diesel(subisdairy of Daimler Chrysler or now Mercedez) to develop modern diesels. After Mercedez Benz Hyundai was first to introduce common rail engines to common people like us(non 3 stars folks) in India.
Even today they import CRDi engine into India.
Mahindra is working with Bosch(German) for their CRDe's.
I would say that, they are as reliable as Toyota(who is not a leader in Diesel technology)

cheers
Anju
Old 25th January 2008, 16:23   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anju View Post
Even today they import CRDi engine into India.
Yep currently the Verna/Getz CRDi are coming from Korea, which of course will be localized in '08/09.
Old 25th January 2008, 17:05   #50
BHPian

Dont laugh @ me, but the Lancer 2.0D will be a very reliable work horse with comfortable space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks