Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 15:59   #31
BHPian

AM sailing in the same boat as HSV
Got a S variant - Civic - almost finalized but while the finance folks here were just about getting papers ready the dealer sold it off for ready cash - hmmm (Capital Honda)
I also felt the Skoda automatic had a rubber band effect - and it is a little cramped
Dont think Sonata is giving those kinda discounts
Personally I am settling for the Corolla A/T - since i intend to keep it for 4-5 years so resale is not a consideration
Oh why didn't Maruti launch the SX4 with an automatic !
Old 24th January 2008, 15:31   #32
HSV
BHPian

OK Guys, a little update here. Again after a lot of deliberation I have reached a conclusion that I should sell both my cars, starting with my Indigo now, and my 800 in the next few months (once a small A/T is available).

So, unfortunately (or fortunately) I am going to avoid spending more than I really have to for my car. I'd like to keep my spending to about 10-10.5 max. Therefore the A/Ts are out of the picture (except for the City CVT - which I am not considering for now due to lack of safety features).

Thus it all boils down to Optra Magnum TCDi LT vs Scorpio 2.2 VLX mHawk. Both pretty much fit into the 10.5 mark OTR.

Now whadda y'all recommend?
Old 24th January 2008, 15:34   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSV View Post
Thus it all boils down to Optra Magnum TCDi LT vs Scorpio 2.2 VLX mHawk. Both pretty much fit into the 10.5 mark OTR.

Huh? Obviously the Magnum for absolute & out & out VFM & performance.

Go for it!

By the way, isn't the Hawk more than 10.5 OTR?
Old 24th January 2008, 15:37   #34
Team-BHP Support

the magnum any day. id take the innova over the scorpio.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:16   #35
BHPian

Since you like the Embera, and considering the fact its got poor resale value, it would be an option to get a year old or something second hand one. And your wife likes small cars so how about a nano? Better raid the budget for her car by getting a Nano and treat yourself to a Vitara. Yum.
Old 24th January 2008, 16:30   #36
Senior - BHPian

LOL... the less said about the scorpio, the better. At 10+ OTR, its rubbish value for money and IMHO a rubbish car as well. If it boils down to that, get the Magnum.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 24th January 2008 at 16:31.
Old 24th January 2008, 17:17   #37
Senior - BHPian

If you wanna go for MT:

SX4-all the safety features.
City-VTEC:top model.(ABS,Airbags)
Civic-S.

If u have SUV i mind.

SAFARI 2.2-top end model.
Innova-(muv).

Automatic-T:better go for CVT,the ideal one.have no second thought when AT is concern.

for your wife:waits it i10 AT gets launched-this would be a better choice for her.cute and can Zip into city traffic also with lovely interiors it its class.

Note: all the above model were mentioned keeping mileage,Re-sale value,A and buget in mind(except CIVIC.)
Old 24th January 2008, 17:23   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
If you wanna go for MT:
Err Ramsagar, I think he's been there, done that. He now wants us to help him choose between -
Quote:

So, what do you recommend, mate?
Old 24th January 2008, 17:36   #39
Senior - BHPian

Magnum all the way, the new Hawk just doesnot cut in that well.
Old 24th January 2008, 18:01   #40
Senior - BHPian

magnum is a good car.terrific performance and finish.GM says they are too low on maintenence too.check it out and take a test drive and decide.
ram
Old 24th January 2008, 18:48   #41
Senior - BHPian

HSV - Get a Magnum and Peteify it! The car is cheap to maintain and returns decent FE. Ride is very good and AC is very effective. I personally don't like the beige interiors and the fake wood trim though.
Old 6th February 2008, 12:29   #42
HSV
BHPian

OK - I've got the answer - Optra Magnum LT is a better package than the Scorpio mHawk. I am pretty convinced myself.

However I have another question for all of you:

1) I am getting a cash discount of 50K on a 2007 Civic 1.8V A/T. It works out to approx 12.85 L on road. Is that a good deal?

2) I am getting a cash discount of 75K on a 2007 Corolla A/T H3 variant. Works out to approx 11.80 L on road. Is that a good deal?

If I was to ask you to choose between the above 2 options, which one would you all recommend?

Thanks & regards
Old 6th February 2008, 12:56   #43
Senior - BHPian

Lol, another round of questions - are you going to buy at all I'm wondering?

Quote:
1) I am getting a cash discount of 50K on a 2007 Civic 1.8V A/T. It works out to approx 12.85 L on road. Is that a good deal?

2) I am getting a cash discount of 75K on a 2007 Corolla A/T H3 variant. Works out to approx 11.80 L on road. Is that a good deal?

If I was to ask you to choose between the above 2 options, which one would you all recommend?
The Corolla A/T H3 of course....!
Old 6th February 2008, 13:19   #44
BHPian

what happened to your 10.5 lakhs budget;
Old 6th February 2008, 13:46   #45
HSV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Lol, another round of questions - are you going to buy at all I'm wondering?

The Corolla A/T H3 of course....!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankit.jhamb View Post

what happened to your 10.5 lakhs budget;
Gee, I was expecting that! To tell you the truth I was a little apprehensive in even posting the question... but thought, aw... what the hell.

Lets have a few posts on this question, and then I'll probably be putting up another one - "Is the new Octavia (the ad in TOI today) better than the yada yada yada yada.....". By then Suman you'll probably be wanting to grab me by the scruf and holler "MAKE UP YOUR MIND MATE!!"

Ankit with regards to the budget, you tell yourself one day, "thats it I am NOT exceeding 10.5L! Its a sin to indulge in toys!"... then again a few days pass and you start thinking aloud, "Hmmm... If I am ready to spend 10.5 then maybe if we refrain from going on a holiday for another two/three years or so then maybe I can just about manage to afford it"... And while I am at it, me wifey chims in "Oi, maybe if you can refrain from buying beer for the next year or so, we'd be able to afford the Laura L&K - let alone the Civic....!"

No but seriously, Suman why the Toyota?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed