Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:07   #106
BHPian

Re: Car for Super Tall Men

Thank you guys for the guidance. This involved bit of a stretch, but I went for the Creta. Booked of 1.6 SX Diesel Polar white from Shreenath Hyundai Chembur.

Factors which turned my decision in favor of Creta
1.Advise from Team BHP. Performance of 1.6 is enticing
2.Wife liked Creta more as she felt that its more suited for my physique
3.Response from Honda dealer ship - response from Arya and Hall mark was cold. While Harsha from Shreenath was maintaining a strong follow up. I believe owning a car has 2 parts - 10% buying experience and 90% ownership experience. Buying experience in Shreenath has been good so far, I am hoping it will continue to great and chances of it giving me a good ownership experience seems to be bright.

Choice of Model:
I wish could have stretched more for accommodating SX(O) Executive for its additional safety features such as curtain/Side bags, VSC and ESC! Breaking issues in creta is a bit worrying, but considering that I have been driving a Scorpio for past 8 years I think I should be able to manage. Did not choose the S variant as it did not have many of the essential features – Touch Screen ICE, projector lamps etc.

Choice of Color:
While I wanted a black color, Harsha converted me to white stating that the moving models in Mumbai is White and Silver; probably because it cools better during summer. and slight blemishes are not easily visible. Went for white as delivery can be faster, and hoping that when the time comes it will give me a better resale value as its a fast moving color.
Old 3rd March 2020, 12:16   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

As a 6'4" tall person, I've been meaning to test out sedans in India for their ergonomic suitability for me. I got a chance 2 weeks back to drive a 2019 Vento MPI Petrol from Chennai to Coimbatore and back. The car itself is solidly built and is a wonderful package.

But alas! If I pushed back the seat to suit my height, the car transformed into a 4 seater. And so, by leaving enough space left at the back for the rear passengers, I found the steering wheel pressing onto my knees and the gear wasn't easily shiftable either, thanks to the armrest that was so close to the gear-shaft.

I have a new-found respect for my TUV 300 now. It's not for nothing that I had chosen it in 2018!
Old 9th June 2021, 14:54   #108

My Brother in law is 6'3" tall. He is looking for a Five seater car in the budget range of 15-20 lakhs on road in Himachal Pradesh. His main uses for the vehicle will be to travel mainly from Kullu to Lahaul (on highways, not interior roads) and from Kullu to Chandigarh and Shimla occasionally.

He is looking for a car which will not cause him problems due to his height. The car should have the usual goodies/features and manual transmission. Also good boot space is important.
Kindly suggest some cars for him.
Old 9th June 2021, 22:41   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chheringpal View Post
My Brother in law is 6'3" tall. He is looking for a Five seater car in the budget range of 15-20 lakhs on road in Himachal Pradesh. His main uses for the vehicle will be to travel mainly from Kullu to Lahaul (on highways, not interior roads) and from Kullu to Chandigarh and Shimla occasionally.

He is looking for a car which will not cause him problems due to his height. The car should have the usual goodies/features and manual transmission. Also good boot space is important.
Kindly suggest some cars for him.
Most cars in the price range won't have an issue with accommodating a 6'3" tall driver. Unless you want to fit 4 adults above 6'2" in the car, the market has plenty of options for your BIL.

You haven't mentioned how often your brother-in-law intends to take the trip from Kullu to Lahaul, so I can't recommend whether a Diesel powertrain is necessary or not. Would recommend to go with the soft-roaders i.e. the mid-SUVs in this segment. All the usual suspects, i.e., Harrier, Hector, Creta and Seltos fit your requirements. Your BIL may need to test drive some of them to narrow down the search or maybe some other use case scenario may rule out one of the options. All of these 4 are well kitted with goodies and you can't go wrong with any of them.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed