Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2010, 09:29   #46
Senior - BHPian

No doubt Fiesta is a best car in comparison with Aveo.
It will give you true pleasure in driving and one will never get tired even doing continous driving for hours (thats why they call fiesta as Driver's car!).
Go for 1.6 if you opt for petrol version.
Old 17th February 2010, 10:00   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
No doubt Fiesta is a best car in comparison with Aveo.
It will give you true pleasure in driving and one will never get tired even doing continous driving for hours (thats why they call fiesta as Driver's car!).
I can vouch for that. I had test driven both Fiesta and Aveo and found Fiesta to be better in handling, performance and even in mileage than Aveo. Aveo had good interiors, good GC but the handling & performance was way too lagging the Fiesta which tilted my decision to the driver's car. Also the pricing too played for Fiesta's favour.
Aveo defintely needs a facelift and a damn good one to compete with the Sedans in 6-8L range.
Old 17th February 2010, 16:24   #48
Senior - BHPian

the major drawback is interiors and leg space for me in AVEO
Old 17th February 2010, 16:44   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

If i was selecting between the three. I would put my money on Fiesta 1.6.

Well, actually the 1.6S
Old 17th February 2010, 22:31   #50
BHPian

I picked up the Fiesta 1.6 Zxi Platium back in Sept 09. Have been loving it every moment of it. The only thing you would need to consider is the upcoming new model of Fiesta.
Old 18th February 2010, 00:08   #51
BHPian

The Fiesta wins hands down. You may look at the special edition with leather seats, mp3 player et al, is a pretty good buy. The present Aveo is too dated.
Old 18th February 2010, 01:10   #52
BHPian

Buy the fiesta 1.6 for the following reason:
1. Power. One of the best cars to drive on a twisted road.
2. Will have much better value at the time of re-sale.
3. The gearbox of the fiesta is much better than aveo. Aveo has the sluggish gearbox.
4.durable. Most aveos will not be able to last long!

Regards
karan
Old 22nd February 2010, 15:41   #53
BHPian

Fiesta 1.4 - Just knock this off from your list, especially since you have a good budget to consider other better cars.

Fiesta 1.6 - Only a drivers car. If I have understood you right, I dont think you sound like an enthusiast, so this car wont suit you as drivers who would like to feel the bhp flow along with the drive usually would like this car. But the drive is not so great. Suspensions are hard, good for tall humps, but bad for passengers. At the same the car is noisier especially when the suspensions are working. Interiors are bland ! Boot space is almost same as Aveo.

Aveo 1.4 - Excellent rich looking interiors. Your entire family will love and enjoy the drive in this car car due to its excellent ride capabilities and soft suspensions, but of course you have to watch out for those tall humps when fully loaded. Decent power, its just a matter of taming the car to overcome the inherent turbo lag kind of feeling that produces good torque only after 1800 rpms. GM has invested time and money to revive service and increase dealerships. I am extremely satisfied with the service and they are very customer oriented. AVEO on a highway, is just too good. I managed 160 kmph steadily, managed curves at 100-120 kmph, it stuck to the ground. Straight line stability also was impressive. During my recent 1600 kms drive, there wasnt a single instance where either myself or my family getting tired of the drive.

Spare part prices - Fiesta and Aveo dont have a significant difference, The AVEO has an option of 3 yr maintenance free that should keep you aways from all these concerns.

Durability - Lets talk a little more sensible here. Almost all modern cars have overcome that era when parts used to wear off the moment you ripped the sweat out of it. So I dont think this should be a point to ponder over.

CEDIA is defenitely a good and better car in comparison with the above ones. But I feel its an overkill for your requirements

Your choice now. Hope I have helped.

Last edited by s3va : 22nd February 2010 at 15:50.
Old 1st March 2010, 21:54   #54
BHPian

Within the given choices, Fiesta 1.6 seems to be the choice, however wondered why you did not consider the SX4 at all, fits all the criterion: great pickup, controls well, good gc (better that scorpio i find out ), good creature comforts, reliable and wide service network (for the odd need in the hilld)...

I have similar needs and would have bought the same, but I seem to be too tall to sit upright on the back seat of sedans, otherwise I would have chosen SX4 for sure.

Last edited by k!ng_@thur : 1st March 2010 at 22:05. Reason: extra enter pressed

Most Viewed