Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2008, 19:03   #1
BHPian

Fiesta 1.4, 1.6 or Aveo

I am planning to upgrade to a sedan for me and my family. My average daily uses is ~ 10 Kms with occassional outings to near by tourist places/towns (that includes hills) twice in a year. Currently I am using Santro XO 2006 model and finding it extremely easy as well as fun to drive. My budget is 6-8 L and hence I zeroed down to NHC, Aveo and Fiesta. My preference is Petrol as it provides more paunch. I took test drives in all the above mentioned cars and discovered that Ford Fiesta 1.4 (unfortunately 1.6 was not available for test drive at South City Ford, Delhi) was best among the above mentioned cars.I also liked its ineterior. Earlier I was planning for Honda City but when I closely watched its interior I felt that Honda is cheating people by providing such a cheap looking plastic interiors. Power was not there even in the v-tec varient.

To cut the long story short, please advice me which car I should buy -Fiesta or Aveo. Which is better in terms of value for money and ease of driving. I am more inclined towards Fiesta but not able to decide whether I should buy 1.4 or 1.6 varient. Pls. suggest.
Old 28th January 2008, 19:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Try checking the Cedia as well if you like driving. Priced only a wee bit more than these and is much better VFM.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldudedelhi View Post
I am planning to upgrade to a sedan for me and my family. My average daily uses is ~ 10 Kms with occassional outings to near by tourist places/towns (that includes hills) twice in a year. Currently I am using Santro XO 2006 model and finding it extremely easy as well as fun to drive. My budget is 6-8 L and hence I zeroed down to NHC, Aveo and Fiesta. My preference is Petrol as it provides more paunch. I took test drives in all the above mentioned cars and discovered that Ford Fiesta 1.4 (unfortunately 1.6 was not available for test drive at South City Ford, Delhi) was best among the above mentioned cars.I also liked its ineterior. Earlier I was planning for Honda City but when I closely watched its interior I felt that Honda is cheating people by providing such a cheap looking plastic interiors. Power was not there even in the v-tec varient.

To cut the long story short, please advice me which car I should buy -Fiesta or Aveo. Which is better in terms of value for money and ease of driving. I am more inclined towards Fiesta but not able to decide whether I should buy 1.4 or 1.6 varient. Pls. suggest.
Looks like you are inclined more towards performance rather than mileage. Go in for the 1.6 Fiesta. You will like it
Old 28th January 2008, 22:21   #4
Team-BHP Support

The Fiesta 1.6 Petrol any day. Suits your requirement perfectly.
Old 28th January 2008, 22:53   #5
BHPian

Yes, for your taste, it seems like you should go in for the fiesta 1.6
Old 28th January 2008, 23:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

your thread shouts that you love performance. I'd suggest test drive the FUSION 1.6 and the FIESTA 1.6. Decide onwhich one you like. And let us know.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:13   #7
Senior - BHPian

fusion parts cost is on a higher side.think of fiesta 1.6 and verna 1.6 or even cedia is a good option.you get lpg option in cedia.
ram
Old 29th January 2008, 10:27   #8
Team-BHP Support

kooldudedelhi, the Fiesta 1.6 is the car you are looking for, if you are looking at performance. Here is a long term ownership review from our member suman. Would be helpful to you.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...-46000kms.html

So, 5 minutes mein Fida?
Old 29th January 2008, 10:41   #9
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 sxi anyday. It comes with ABS and EBD. You might have to buy alloys though, if you want better looks, braking power and mileage.
I've been owning one for the past 10 months, and enjoying myself thorougly.
The only flip side is that the stock ICE does not play mp3, though it sounds great.
You also do not get airbags in any version of the Fiesta
Old 29th January 2008, 11:14   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

The Fiesta is the car for you!
The 1.6 offers amazing performance but is available in only one variant, the SXi which comes with ABS and leather seats.
However for a bit more, you can get the Lancer Cedia, which offers more safety features, more power, better space and interiors and is overall a much better fun to drive vehicle.
The Fiesta however, is smaller and easier to drive in the city, is really easy to maneuver, and pretty zippy as well.
If you aren't inclined towards the Cedia, get the Fiesta.
Old 29th January 2008, 11:44   #11
BHPian

Fiesta 1.6 heads the way

Fiesta 1.6 will be the right car for you since it gives the best performance in its class and the one you and your family would feel comfortable in. The interiors look good, performance is good, the exterior looks well designed.
Go for it and you will feel satisfied.
Old 29th January 2008, 13:08   #12
BHPian

Another vote for Fiesta 1.6. However please TD the fusion 1.6 as well (as Gemithomas said earlier), before deciding.
Old 29th January 2008, 13:47   #13
BHPian

Obviously Fiesta 1.6. No car comes with better handling capabilities in this segment.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:00   #14
Senior - BHPian

The Fiesta 1.6 is roughly 7.2 exshowroom on which you can expect around 10k of discount. The Cedia Select is around 8.3 ex showroom on which you can expect 20-25k of discount. The difference in price is 1 lac. For that you get

- 115bhp vs 100 bhp power
- 175Nm vs 146 Nm torque
- Airbags
- All wheel Disc brakes with ABS+EBD
- More space everywhere
- Better handling and ride quality
- Way better driving position

What you don't get
- Leather seats
- Slightly dated switchgear and instrumentation compared to Fiesta

Last edited by reignofchaos : 29th January 2008 at 14:02.
Old 29th January 2008, 14:15   #15
Senior - BHPian

Fiesta- 1.6 all the way. Performance & power packed. If you still need more power, then you can thnking of pete it. But check the A** in Delhi and proceed for this. Spare Parts are a little costlier. But it should not matter as the usage will be very limited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks