Team-BHP - Buying a Contessa 2.0 Diesel?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Buying a Contessa 2.0 Diesel? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/34830-buying-contessa-2-0-diesel.html)

Hi Guys

I was looking for a thread on contessa diesel 2.0dlx but did not find any technical help in TEAM-BHP so please can you advice meplease: i have come across a 1999 2.0dlx diesel contessa which has done 68000 km till date and i'm very eager to buy it as she is my dream car .

As i have some basic knowledge about automoblies and do know about petrol cars but have very less knowledge about diesel cars. I have used petrol cars only for the last (5)five years and they all were MARUTI cars. I have had in the past two M800 (dinky) model
then 1 regular basic Type 1 M800; Lately if you had seen my thread last month you would know that i had a ESTEEM which had some squeking noise under the hood which was fixed by puting a new timing belt,a new water pump and new engine oil she is working fine now thanks to all of you who adviced me on that no complains from the ESTEEM till now even toped 140kmph on her was fun.
But now guys i'm realy planing to get this INDIAN MUSCLE car .
About the car now she is a very good looking car from the outside as well as the inside; She is a bit rusted from the out near da dickey as there was a spoiler on it which has caused the rust to occur and some rust on the doors but that is not going to let me down from buying her the only consern is how to check the engine i had a test drive on her; Was good in pick up but was not that power full as the brand new diesel cars like the skoda octivia diesel,accent viva crdi etc .
I have resently come to know about its performence and power it's 55 hp @4500 rpm stock and 11 km tourue @ 250 rpm(please correct if i'm wrong) as i also know that it is very difficult to get its parts if worn out. The production was stoped in 2002 by the company i came across to know that it also had 2.0 DT(turbo) very rare one. Can i put a turbo in this 2.0DLX if yes how much will it cost and who will do the best job as speaking about its spares i was thinking that the AMBASSADOR has also the same 2.0 diesel engine and will the parts of a AMBASSADOR like brakes,cables...etc will they fit in it because i'm not going to sell or scrap this car once i get it. It will go with me till my GRAVE. So please friends help me with what to do to get the
best out of this car. Also the does and the dont's and how to maintaing a diesel car,where will i get the spares who will do the job best for this carplease:help.

Since you have a soft-corner for the Contessa, go ahead. But why not pick up a petrol Conti? That 1.8 liter engine really makes the car, and has great mod potential as well. The 2.0 N/A diesel, expectedly, offers dismal performance.

contessa is a good car in the petrol avatar,like gto said awesome mod opurtunities.try for a petrol one.and keep posting the pics and mods planned.
ram

Psycho where are you , need your opinion on this thread

Thanks for your post GTO but i tried very hard to find a petrol contessa here in Mumbai but was not able to get one. This diesel is a 1999 power steering,power windows and has done only 68k KM and as i have hear that the diesel gives a good average as compared to the petrol version. I do understand about the petrol engine of contessa she has 88 bhp @ 5000 rpm and a petrol engine is very good but gives only 7 to 9 kmpl and i want to try come thing new. Like this will be my first diesel car As the contessa is a rear wheel drive you can drift it, do burn outs on it etc......
but has any one tried a drift or burn out on a diesel car and will i be able to do on my diesel contessa if i plan to buy a diesel at last.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell boy (Post 704562)
Thanks for your post GTO but i tried very hard to find a petrol contessa here in Mumbai but was not able to get one..

agree:,it is very difficult to find a good contessa right now,you can use carwale.com to find out whetherit is available in mumbai or not.
but the car is really good,i think if you like the car so much then you should not wait.
best of luck

Do you need such a huge car? Will you be able to manouver it throught he streets of Mumbai? Just check up and plunge into this. Just post pics after you buy this.

Agreed. Your chances of finding a "good" car are less, considering that demand went dry in the mid-nineties. Chances are that you will have to restore. It can be fun actually, buy cheap and do it up the way you like.

Yes you can fit the turbo 2 liter engine in as it is the same isuzu engine as the naturaly aspirated one...but you may need to relocate some parts as there is more plumbing with the trubo not mention the trubo itself taking up space...then there is the rerating of the diff...may need to look at the gearing/ratio of the crown..etc...all can be done provided you get the engine...I hear they still make it and supply it to Sonalika for the Rhino and that ATV the Mumbai post loves....you will need a good retrofitter for this or it will burn a hole in your pocket...study all this first/get he right mechanic and then buy it...regarding burn outs possible provided the gearing is right or else you will prematurely burn the clutch/pressure plate....the car seems nicely loaded (power steering..etc) and factory produced and registered Diesel mouth watering...there is a not so well kept cool black contessa in mumbai with sunroof/ chrome alloys that have that hot rodish look (u could get better looking ones in chor bazar) some fake airintakes on the side..a rally steering..etc but the streamline is all wavy...it is always parked in Union Park, bandra (opp Shatranj)..then there is the other south mumbai car owned by a parsi gentleman who sits in the passenger seat with a rolex on his wrist hanging out the window..that car is deep blue and very orignal...has the PRICOL rev meter on the center of the dash & chrome ring inserts on the steel disk..that car keeps going down marine drive..best of luck

Hey canonball thank you for your advice about the turbo and you are right about both the contessa about the black one i happened to meet the owner and ask him if he would sell it he said he will but the cost will be for 1.20 lakh and it is a 1986 model giving this high price for a 1986 contessa is not worth and with regards to the deep blue one the car belongs to the owner of the petrol pump which is opposite Hinduja hospitel is not ready to sell it as well so i'm going ahed and geting this car on monday and will then soon post the pictures on ..........

The pump opposite hinduja in mahim is a used car dealer as well. he has probably bought it of the Parsi gentleman because I am sure there is no connection between the 2 and I always saw the car in south mumbai. maybe the dealer wants to keep it till it appreciates some more! Let me know if u need a very good auto engineer who will do the whole car up very well and he is a reasonable guy who is more passionate than anything.

Guy's i just got the car today I brought it and now will get the pictures soon and post on.. and thanks canonball will get to you soon and let you know about it .I want to know where would i get a oil filter for this because i want to change the oil and which oil will be best for this diseal car pls let me know and canonball where do you stay in mumbai and where is this auto engineer.

woow buddie and thats nice,sad you dint find a petrol one,but still nice buy.which color and waiting for the pictures .i had contessa hunted for a few weeks in kerela,dint find one.i was specific on petrol model.most of them are engine swaped to diesel here.
ram

THANKS DUDE its a gery colour you can have a look at it on India's Online Vehicle Market | Cars and Bikes at CarTradeIndia.com and thanks will soon put the pics and now will also look for a petrol so i could own both petrol and diesel ..

Hellboy I am in bandra, and the auto engineer lives near me and a hreat friend. He has a restoration workshop in the western suburbs. send me a private message with your mobile no# and I will hook you guys up.cheers