Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2008, 12:58   #1
Senior - BHPian

Renault Logan 1.4 with CNG or Indigo LS (diesel) EDIT: Bought Indigo!

Hi all,

Need some help.. After successfully driving taxi (indica V2 DLS) for close to 6 yrs, now planning to go in for a new car. I'll be doing close to 100 kms a day. I'm considering Mahindra Logan 1.4 petrol and mate it with an aftermarket CNG or an Indigo LS (diesel TDI). (no NOT CS).

After considering various aspects, Mahindra Logan with CNG would be close to Rs. 5,10,000 (OTR) and Indigo LS would be close to Rs. 5,06,000. (OTR). Indigo LS (CS) is costing Rs. 4,82,000 (so better to go in for LS).

Resale value of Logan would not be good and that the CNG would significantly drop the performance and somewhere I feel that despite all those problems that I faced in Indica, its better to go in for Indigo (sorry cant find much reviews on Logan).

I dont know how these two prepositions fair with respect to each other? Any inputs??
Old 30th January 2008, 13:52   #2
Senior - BHPian

Indigo, eyes closed. Like I said CNG is an after-fitment and a factory fit diesel is going to be better anyday. Plus, your experience with TATA has been satisfactory too!

P.S. Without the CNG tank in the boot, you'll have more space for your Boschmann boofers!!
Old 30th January 2008, 15:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

hahaha, thanks for the reply Ishan. Any more inputs or the people here second what Ishan said.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:26   #4
Team-BHP Support

Aftermarket kit will Void your warranty too I guess, not a good idea with Tata or Mahindra (Renault) Vehicles.
For your kind of running, the LS TDI makes more sense, You will get great discounts too.
Why not go for the Indigo CS LX, you get powerwindows and stuff too?
Old 30th January 2008, 15:28   #5
Senior - BHPian

If the choice is between the above two, then go for Indigo TDI. Good car. Complete VFM. Moreover it is diesel. You know the cost of A** and Spare parts of tata's as you already have indica. In my opinion, it is always better to avoid after market fitment of CNG/LPG.
Old 30th January 2008, 15:30   #6
Team-BHP Support

factory fit diesel over after market cng anyday.

plus, there might be a loyalty bonus form tata (I am not sure) if you exchange the Indica for the Indigo.
Old 30th January 2008, 16:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Panky. It would have been a no brainer had I been in the same situation. A diesel all the way. With CNG:
- Performance depreciates.
- Warranty void.
- Boot space gone.
- Resale takes a hit.
- Niggling issues. More so with the Logan since it not been CNGed much.

Indigo is the way to go. Unless you can wait till March and see if the swift sedan has a diesel version
Old 30th January 2008, 17:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Look I told you no one will agree with LOGAN. Go with Indigo instead...
Old 30th January 2008, 17:21   #9
Team-BHP Support

If you can wait till March do so. Most Tata dealers offer big discounts in March(second only to December discounts) to meet financial year end targets
Old 30th January 2008, 17:32   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thats a good input tsk.

Would suggest the CS.

And if you want CNG why not get a company fitted cng car? Accent has one I guess.
Old 30th January 2008, 18:41   #11
Senior - BHPian

ji maalik, ek cheez tussi bhool gaye... indigo GLS with CNG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Thats a good input tsk.

Would suggest the CS.

And if you want CNG why not get a company fitted cng car? Accent has one I guess.
Nope. Accent doesnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Panky. It would have been a no brainer had I been in the same situation. A diesel all the way. With CNG:
- Performance depreciates.
- Warranty void.
- Boot space gone.
- Resale takes a hit.
- Niggling issues. More so with the Logan since it not been CNGed much.

Indigo is the way to go. Unless you can wait till March and see if the swift sedan has a diesel version
All the above are taken care with Indigo GLS/X. Factory fitment. 4 years warranty on car (incl extended), 3 on kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
P.S. Without the CNG tank in the boot, you'll have more space for your Boschmann boofers!!
can't deny that.

For a CNG vs diesel - difference is easily 1.5 rs/km. 150 bucks a day is not a zoke. Indigo GLS/X with CNG as you deem fit. Not the 1.2 which is too light an engine for the heavy weight - it needs more torque
Old 31st January 2008, 11:59   #12
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for the replies. I really appreciate.

@ tsk: highest version in CS series is LS. HVAC and power steering. there's no model in CS offering power windows and like.

@ bblost: already accounted for 20K discount and 10K loyalty bonus.

@ phamilyman: i couldnt find an option online for GLS/X with a factory fitted CNG.
Old 6th February 2008, 14:25   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
@ phamilyman: i couldnt find an option online for GLS/X with a factory fitted CNG.
thanks for the PM phamilyman! I did visit couple of TATA dealers, they told me that they have a tie-up with some dealer in Okhla and if I get my CNG installed from there (app 50K), warranty wouldn't be void and that they'll be taking care of RC registration and all. There is no factory fitted CNG option from TATA itself.
Old 6th February 2008, 22:59   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Hi all,

Need some help.. After successfully driving taxi (indica V2 DLS) for close to 6 yrs, now planning to go in for a new car. I'll be doing close to 100 kms a day. I'm considering Mahindra Logan 1.4 petrol and mate it with an aftermarket CNG or an Indigo LS (diesel TDI). (no NOT CS).
Well I would suggest to wait till Logan LPG hits the road. Its better to get everything packaged from factory rather than looking for kits here n there.

Although you are driving 100+ per day, should go for a Diesel one but talk to people driven their Indigo around 80 - 90k about its performance (as many as possible), Tata engines are not that much reliable after 90k (as per standards CRD Diesel engines should stay calm till around 150 - 200k).
Old 6th February 2008, 23:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

ezee, diesel is SAME cost as LPG. In that case, Diesel is preferable. And your number of tata engine reliability is simply incorrect. all call centers use them for a reason

panky bhai, that is not "dealer" its SHRIMANKER, the authorized importer of Bedini kits and the OEM partner. Only factory fitment i'm aware is Cedia select and WagonR Duo LPG. And the warranty stays. Bhai's car has now done some 27k+. Can assure you that we have almost 3 more years on warranty left

Its partner fitment, not FACTORY fitted. But its good enough. Trust me - we trust the car with ourselves everyday

Most Viewed