Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 13:01   #46
BHPian

Guyz, need your advise.
here is my TD impressions in short.

NHC - Very good vehicle for City Driving, i drove for 10 mins (Vtec plus) and absolutely loved the ease of driving in the city. But very scary above 60 or 70 KM/hr. and No ABS or Airbags.

Swift - Good car for city driving, and excellent VFM, and fun to drive. But dont like the looks, and am getting only 2,500 Rs discount.

Getz - Absolutely love this car. I felt this car was way better than Swift (mu opinion), i had more fun driving this car than Swift (my opinion)

Fieta - wow...Powaar , this car has amazing power. Absolutely loved it, and am getting a 30 K discount so OTR is 7.9 L

I have shortlisted Fiesta or Getz.
Not able to make up my mind.
Fiesta 30 K discount. Please let me know if i can bargain for more. ppl told me A.S.S has improved for ford cars.

Getz - 7 K discount, dealer not agreeing for more.

Getz or Fiesta , please advise guyz, as i plan to book a car tomorrow.

Last edited by RROD : 26th February 2008 at 13:02.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:11   #47
Team-BHP Support

If you don't need a boot go for getz, its simple. You will save a lot of money.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:23   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RROD View Post
Guyz, need your advise.
here is my TD impressions in short.

NHC - Very good vehicle for City Driving, i drove for 10 mins (Vtec plus) and absolutely loved the ease of driving in the city. But very scary above 60 or 70 KM/hr. and No ABS or Airbags.

Swift - Good car for city driving, and excellent VFM, and fun to drive. But dont like the looks, and am getting only 2,500 Rs discount.

Getz - Absolutely love this car. I felt this car was way better than Swift (mu opinion), i had more fun driving this car than Swift (my opinion)

Fieta - wow...Powaar , this car has amazing power. Absolutely loved it, and am getting a 30 K discount so OTR is 7.9 L

I have shortlisted Fiesta or Getz.
Not able to make up my mind.
Fiesta 30 K discount. Please let me know if i can bargain for more. ppl told me A.S.S has improved for ford cars.

Getz - 7 K discount, dealer not agreeing for more.

Getz or Fiesta , please advise guyz, as i plan to book a car tomorrow.

Getz petrol does not have much power. Try either Getz Diesel ( amazing power) or the Fiesta. I would advice you to wait for the Honda Jazz hatchback ( Sept'08 expected launch). Thats one heck of a car! that too honda image!!!so if you can wait you will have a lot of options.
Old 26th February 2008, 13:32   #49
BHPian

consider the new aveo by cheverolet, am sure you will find something to compare on, rest honda city zxi is a good option indeed
W.Ajy
Old 26th February 2008, 15:10   #50
BHPian

Was just wondering why you did not consider the cedia . Its good VFM.

But anywz since you have narrowed down to the fiesta or the Getz..If u can make do without the boot then go for the Getz , but the fiesta is also a good car with good refinement,ample power, comfort and comparitatively good quality interiors and has a better snob value than the Getz....you will not regret it.
Old 27th February 2008, 08:41   #51
BHPian

Can someone provide me inputs on 1.4 and 1.6 mileage.
I'll look into the ownership reviews, but any quick inputs will definitely help me, as i need to book the car today.
Any suggestions on the color also will help me
Old 27th February 2008, 08:51   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

are you sure Cedia is not in your list? must TD if budget is around 9L.

i'd say all 'successful' cars in your budget offer similar mileage. i'd be surprised if u pick/drop a car for mileage alone (without comparing petrol vs diesel)
Old 27th February 2008, 12:24   #53
BHPian

I called Metro and Cauvery ford dealers in bangalore.

Metro OTR - 7.9 L no freebies

Cauvery - 7.9 L with some freebies like car cover, sunfilm etc.

Metro is saying Cauvery is shutting down, that's the reason they are providing the freebies. I am disappointed with Metro for their blatant lying. I gave metro a wrong number, and they still reverted back saying that they spoke to the concerned person from cauvery and they're giving me 2007 model.
I want to go to Metro as it is close to my House and Cauvery is very far.
Please advise guyz, will this lying attitude of Metro continue??
I have to book the car today.
Old 27th February 2008, 12:25   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
are you sure Cedia is not in your list? must TD if budget is around 9L.

i'd say all 'successful' cars in your budget offer similar mileage. i'd be surprised if u pick/drop a car for mileage alone (without comparing petrol vs diesel)
I love the Cedia, but i reduced my budget.
Old 27th February 2008, 13:48   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajp View Post
man please get the getz diesel or verna diesel ABS!

they are one of the best cars in the under 10lac category! if you wish to wait then there are more choices that will bud up soon!
I'd love to take the Getz, but my mom always wanted a sedan, this is more like a gift from me to her for me to drive
Old 27th February 2008, 14:03   #56
BANNED

Before going to Metro, please read this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/14837-metro-ford-suck-they-totalled-my-fiesta-while-testing-edit-won-case-court.html

Quote:
Metro is saying Cauvery is shutting down, that's the reason they are providing the freebies. I am disappointed with Metro for their blatant lying. I gave metro a wrong number, and they still reverted back saying that they spoke to the concerned person from cauvery and they're giving me 2007 model.
I want to go to Metro as it is close to my House and Cauvery is very far.
Please advise guyz, will this lying attitude of Metro continue??
I have to book the car today.
Old 27th February 2008, 15:04   #57
BHPian

Can somebody throw some light on Cauvery Ford please
Old 27th February 2008, 15:22   #58
BANNED

This might help. PM benbsb29.
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Hi sherin, you can get your car serviced at Cauvery. They do a decent job, as per my experiences with them so far. Try to meet the service advisor called Biju, and mention you are Benny's friend. I dont know if he would recollect the name, but he's the guy i trust with my car there.
Quote:
Can somebody throw some light on Cauvery Ford please
Old 27th February 2008, 16:03   #59
Distinguished - BHPian

i am sure some one or the other always had problems with every dealer. so don't get scared by the reviews here. for every reported unhappy customer, there will be tens of happy customers. you can read reviews on mouthshut
METRO FORD Reviews
CAUVERY FORD Reviews

i somehow feel it depends largely on the manufacturer to enforce high standards of customer service. some dealerships do take customer service seriously, but if the manufacturer turns a blind eye, the dealers generally become sloppy.

since you are getting into Ford camp, you should be prepared to work hard (relatively) to get good service be it metro or cauvery. there are extremely valuable check lists on this forum:
>inspection checklist before a vehicle is alloted to you (dont buy a demo car)
>inspection checklist before registering the vehicle (can not go back after registration)
>delivery checklist (no minor accidents on the way back from RTO)
>pre and post service checklist (did they really change the oil and filter?)

everyone tries to take an unsuspecting customer for a ride. be it honda or ford. do your homework and be prepared and go with metro or cauvery whatever is convenient.

disclaimer: i just got carried away. don't take me seriously :-)

Last edited by androdev : 27th February 2008 at 16:04.
Old 27th February 2008, 16:17   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
i am sure some one or the other always had problems with every dealer. so don't get scared by the reviews here. for every reported unhappy customer, there will be tens of happy customers. you can read reviews on mouthshut
METRO FORD Reviews
CAUVERY FORD Reviews

i somehow feel it depends largely on the manufacturer to enforce high standards of customer service. some dealerships do take customer service seriously, but if the manufacturer turns a blind eye, the dealers generally become sloppy.

since you are getting into Ford camp, you should be prepared to work hard (relatively) to get good service be it metro or cauvery. there are extremely valuable check lists on this forum:
>inspection checklist before a vehicle is alloted to you (dont buy a demo car)
>inspection checklist before registering the vehicle (can not go back after registration)
>delivery checklist (no minor accidents on the way back from RTO)
>pre and post service checklist (did they really change the oil and filter?)

everyone tries to take an unsuspecting customer for a ride. be it honda or ford. do your homework and be prepared and go with metro or cauvery whatever is convenient.

disclaimer: i just got carried away. don't take me seriously :-)
Thanks a lot man.
That exactly was my thoughts of some customers having bad experiences, anyways i have taken TBHP PDI printout with me and will use it before taking the delivery.
I am leaving now for booking, wish me luck guyz for all things to go well.
Most prolly, i will be taking a black Fiesta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks