Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 17:23   #91
BHPian

toyota nagpur horrible experience

I had booked corolla HE on 3rd march and had asked for delivery on 20th,but the dealer is unable to provide the champagne colour.he doesn't even know when it will be available.says maybe next month.but does not provide any satisfactory reason.dint even call me,i was expecting delivery on the predecided date.it was when i enquired about the car,did he tell me that the colour is not available.asked me to take silver instead.i asked him how much time will it take.again he was unable to commit any date.my loan has also been approved.finally fed up with his attitude i asked him to give back my refund amount,to which he readily agreed.doubt if he is interested in doing business.
well now again i have to research for a new car.optra or NHC??? what say guys???
Old 19th March 2008, 19:13   #92
BHPian

Thats sad yo hear Inder, it must be real frustrating.
How about a Cedia? Or if you can wait a bit, perhaps the new Corolla

Last edited by Xehaust : 19th March 2008 at 19:15.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:33   #93
Senior - BHPian

Some options:
1. Write to Toyota immediately through email. website: toyotabharat.com and click contact us.
2. Ask for your money back letting Toyota also know this.
3. Search for another car letting Toyota also know this.

Perhaps pt 1 and pt 2 should solve the problem. My personal experience is that Toyota (web) is very responsive after the sale. This problem is before the sale.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:39   #94
Senior - BHPian

Not even Toyota, even Honda is very responsive on web feedback, at least in my experience. I wrote to Honda about sales people not responding to my calls (before the sale), and within 1 hr, the chief of Ring Road Honda Gurgaon called me.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:44   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Some options:
1. Write to Toyota immediately through email. website: toyotabharat.com and click contact us.
2. Ask for your money back letting Toyota also know this.
3. Search for another car letting Toyota also know this.

Perhaps pt 1 and pt 2 should solve the problem. My personal experience is that Toyota (web) is very responsive after the sale. This problem is before the sale.
i second that. before looking at other cars, i would fully explore my options to get the car of my choice. between a good car and a good buying experience, i would pick a good car.

Make sure that you mention the financial losses you may have incurred and press for compensation. (interest paid to the bank and processing charges,etc. without actually getting a car).

Last edited by androdev : 20th March 2008 at 10:01.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Do not think of web based contact us feedback to be a black hole where all incoming mails are automatically sent to the trash folder or seen as spam.

Headline your mail (that is if you plan to go with my suggestion) with a catchy title, such as Dealer Harassment and Going Back on Commitment, etc.
Old 20th March 2008, 09:55   #97
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps because you are in Nagpur and he may be the only dealer could be the reason for this problem. But this is no excuse at all and Toyota should know it ASAP. No going back on commitments, since that tells a lot about not only the company but its products. Let us know how it went.
Old 20th March 2008, 11:29   #98
BHPian

talked to the dealer today,he is ready to give silver colour in 5 days.abt champagne he will be able to tell on 25th evening.will wait till 25th.
i also wrote on the contact us form at toyota website.lets see what action they take
Old 20th March 2008, 12:18   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
I had booked corolla HE on 3rd march and had asked for delivery on 20th,but the dealer is unable to provide the champagne colour.he doesn't even know when it will be available.says maybe next month.but does not provide any satisfactory reason.dint even call me,i was expecting delivery on the predecided date.it was when i enquired about the car,did he tell me that the colour is not available.asked me to take silver instead.i asked him how much time will it take.again he was unable to commit any date.my loan has also been approved.finally fed up with his attitude i asked him to give back my refund amount,to which he readily agreed.doubt if he is interested in doing business.
Inder, I think this is indication enough that the existing Corolla is on stock clearance mode. He does not seem confident that the colour you want can be delivered. Production stopped....? Very likely.

If you a particular abt Corolla, suggest you wait a while. I guess (and its a guess only) that the new it is not more than a couple of months away.

A week or so back I had called up Nandi Toyota here. The sales guy said that there is NO new Corolla coming. When I made it clear that my options does not include the existing Corolla and its between Civic or the NEW Corolla, he stated that the new one is coming in Aug 08...!

I dont trust him and dont think Toyota will wait till Aug 08.
Old 20th March 2008, 23:51   #100
BHPian

Re:

give Cedia a shot, take a test drive and check it out
Old 21st March 2008, 00:05   #101
BHPian

dont buy it now becasue the new model is to be launched in august

i was advised to wait by the nandhni toyota and i am waiting now
Old 23rd March 2008, 15:54   #102
BHPian

verna crdi......or the corolla at the above price. but then the verna would score over the verna on mileage grounds.SX4 maybe but i have no personal experience with it.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:08   #103
BHPian

no response from toyota

Hi just wanted to update that I had mailed to toyota about the problem I am facing.they called me and took the details.said they will call me the next day.But since then no communication from toyota.today i sent one more mail to toyota.but so far no reply.
does anyone know the email addresses of some senior officials at toyota??
Old 25th March 2008, 17:22   #104
Senior - BHPian

Inder, spend a lakh more, buy a Cedia. Bells & whistles & amazing performance.

Forget about the Corolla if you're not getting what you're looking for.
Old 25th March 2008, 17:32   #105
Senior - BHPian

My suggestion:change the colour or change the car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks