Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 17:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

NHC, go for the topend which comes with a ABS.
Old 12th February 2008, 09:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

Stretch a little wee bit and go for Cedia Spirit... 9.4 OTR price... IT fits ALL your points, hands down...
I made the same stretch and I have no complaints... Especially if you wanna self drive... Cedia is an absolute delight...
Good Luck...
Old 12th February 2008, 13:28   #18
BHPian

@rajataurus: hi raja..i got my cedia about 3-4 days back. its a cedia select model in pearl black colour. I got it around 8.5 on the road inclusive of everything inculding extended warranty.They are also providing me with Garware films,anti rust coating,teflon coating,car perfume. I have noticed that the blaupunkt music system does not browse through all radio stations. the dealer told it was preset for european country and he would change it asian. I have also noticed that on of the front speakers(near the drivers seat) , the sound is not too loud as compared to the other front one. Is that on your car too?
The dealer is taking my car tomorrow for registration and putting the number plate. He will provide me with the RC ,and other documents thereafter. DO they also provide duplicate keys (with lock/unlock buttons)?Please let me know as soon as possible
Old 12th February 2008, 13:34   #19
Senior - BHPian

[OT]The sound is a bit rear biased. Just change the fader a bit to the front and it should be okay. The radio issue is something thats common across all blaupunkts sold in india. It'll only let you tune to odd frequencies. You'll get a pair of keys... both with remote central locking.

[/OT]
Old 12th February 2008, 13:39   #20
BHPian

@reignofchaos- thanks bro for the quick reply.Had one more query. What is the general servicing pattern of mitsubishi cars provided by hm dealers. I guess its an intial check up at 1000km and thereafter every 6 months or 10000 kms whichever comes first. Only the labour cost is free.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:59   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cediaowner View Post
@rajataurus: hi raja..i got my cedia about 3-4 days back. its a cedia select model in pearl black colour. I got it around 8.5 on the road inclusive of everything inculding extended warranty.They are also providing me with Garware films,anti rust coating,teflon coating,car perfume. I have noticed that the blaupunkt music system does not browse through all radio stations. the dealer told it was preset for european country and he would change it asian. I have also noticed that on of the front speakers(near the drivers seat) , the sound is not too loud as compared to the other front one. Is that on your car too?
The dealer is taking my car tomorrow for registration and putting the number plate. He will provide me with the RC ,and other documents thereafter. DO they also provide duplicate keys (with lock/unlock buttons)?Please let me know as soon as possible
Thats an awesome price. Was it after a good bargain or is there any discount?
Old 12th February 2008, 14:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a Kill.. Mate... 8.5 otr...!!!! with films etc. freebees..???
1. I am not too amused with the Blaupukpt system either. The speakers are not truly matched. They are Mitsubishi speakers (!) and not Blaupuknt speakers. The bass is just average. As R_I_C said, se the fader to a bit Front and overll sound should be OK. I think of you add a powered Sub-woofer, the set would be great.

2. w.r.t tuning, its bad that the set tunes only ODD feequencies... Same with me too. I couldnt get at least 3 stations in Chennai on my Radio... But, nothing can be done about it (the Dealer checked with BP dealer in Chennai and came up with the same answer).
3. Car comes with 2 sets of Keys exactly same, with lock/unlock remote built-in.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:06   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@reignofchaos- thanks bro for the quick reply.Had one more query. What is the general servicing pattern of mitsubishi cars provided by hm dealers. I guess its an intial check up at 1000km and thereafter every 6 months or 10000 kms whichever comes first. Only the labour cost is free.
Yes. its kind of initial check up at 1000 kms, though they call it as 1st service, they dont change anything, not even oil. But, they give the car a complete check up, a wash and wax touch up totally free of cost.
Next service, though they say only 10000 kms or 6 months, I decided to have it done every 5000 kms. I believe,a t least oil change is necessary after every 5k. And consumables charged. They said it all comes to around INR 1,800/- for consumables... normally...
Old 12th February 2008, 14:29   #24
BANNED

My list:
1. New Honda City - (VTEC Plus satisfies all your requirement. The Gxi lacks ABS/Airbags but its cheaper )
2. Cedia - check if its comfortable to you and see value in the offering, though mileage not as good as NHC.
3. Corolla - good package due to discounts but less mileage than NHC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vardhan View Post
My requirements/constraints:

1. Budget about 8 (can stretch to 9).
2. Single use (small family).
3. Will drive myself (hopefully a lot) - approx ~35km per day max (50 on
weekends). - I guess that rules out diesel for me? - in Bangalore, medium
traffic, or Pune if I decide to shift.
4. Looking for - driving comfort, good performance and driving feel, FE can
be compromised but not <10-11 kmpl, space, safety features like airbags, ABS, power steering/windows preferred. Good interiors/dash/controls.
5. Unsure of how long Ill keep the car (depends on my plans), given a choice
I intend to keep it for >4-5 years.
6. Looking at VFM, and low total cost of ownership (A.S.S., spares, resale)
when comparing.
Hey CediaOwner, Congrats !
BTW, will you become HondaOwner when you buy Honda next time
Quote:
i got my cedia about 3-4 days back.
Old 12th February 2008, 14:52   #25
BHPian

@jkdas- it was a bargain. I had booked the car exactly on 31st December 2007.So, I think they agreed for the price.But I have got the 2008 manufactured car. They said they are sure about it.I will get the RC tomorrow.

@rajataurus- thanks for the information on servicing and the music system.well i did not get any freebies except for sunfilms (Garware) and perfume.offcourse they are doing the teflon coating and anti rust coating.

@diabloo- thanks for the wishes...but i don't intend to change the car before 3 years,so I think this nick will go on...and also because this is my first car so its special. I also own a santro but that was bought by my dad three years back.

Coming to the topic, I would not recommend the current honda city as its newer version is going to be somewhere down the line this year for sure.Cedia is a good choice if you are not to concerned about the fuel effeciency(like me). It gives you immense pleasure while driving this car. Almost everyone around me was skeptical about this car (most of them did not even hear about this beauty) and those who saw it on road must have seen the silver model (which I think looks horrible) didn't like it.But when they saw my pearl black cedia,all of them admit that it looks royal (although black is a difficult colour to maintain). I am happy I did not go for the ashton grey and asked them for a pearl black.Other than that the you can also consider chevrolet optra magnum.
Old 12th February 2008, 15:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Hey Srini, Pls look into his requirements above and then comment/post. Don't know how Fiesta fits into the above.
Hi Snaronikar,

As his requirement is to keep the car for 4-5 years, I dont think resale will be that much a big issue then with Fiesta...Also since he want to drive and not chaffeur driven, I feel Fiesta is the best bet and the 1.4 Petrol
Duratec gives approx 11kmpl in full chennai city driving which also satisfies
his req...Further the 1.4 ZXI is loaded with features which he wants except for ABS/Airbags which is preferable but not mandatory for him.

Further I think A.S.S in Bangalore will not be that much a problem and petrol engine has obviously lesser maintanence unless he really presses hard...

Hope I'm correct...
Old 12th February 2008, 16:44   #27
BHPian

Quote:
@rajataurus: hi raja..i got my cedia about 3-4 days back. its a cedia select model in pearl black colour.
Hi cediaowner,
Waiting to see a full review from you.
Who was your dealer?
Old 12th February 2008, 17:51   #28
BHPian

Vardhan,

Cedia Select on road costed me 9.15 in Banaglore. Just zip to Mitsu dealer, check this car out and I am sure it would impress you. Once you do T.D. of Cedia, lets hear from you about the other cars like SX4 etc.
Old 12th February 2008, 22:22   #29
Senior - BHPian

A L E R T !!!

thread's being hijacked!

OT!

9lac OTR for Select. Just drove down today eve and confirmed. Lucky you!
Old 13th February 2008, 20:43   #30
aks316

you can also go for optra.. its a good car and has good features.. another option is chevy aveo 1.6 lt with airbags and abs its also a very good and one of the best looking car.. cedia is also a good option.. new corrolla is coming out soon if you dont mind that then corrolla is a very good car with high reliability.. same with honda city the new 1 is coming end of this year..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks