Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

View Poll Results: Which has a better driving experience especially above 120 kmph+ and on Bad roads..
Hyundai Accent CRDi 2 4.44%
Mahindra Scorpio 2.2 mHawk 2 4.44%
Tata Safari 2.2 Dicor 18 40.00%
Mahindra Logan 3 6.67%
Ford Fiesta 1.4TDCi 8 17.78%
Hyundai Elantra CRDi.. 12 26.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2008, 09:36   #61
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Considering your usage, I would recommend you TD a Safari, Scorpio and Innova back to back. Of this trio, the Scorpio is the most rugged, the Innova the most reliable and the Safari the most comfortable.

Amongst sedans, the Logan diesel should serve you well with its simple construction, robust build and competent diesel. Only downside is that its overpriced for what it offers.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:05   #62
Senior - BHPian

Some people have suggested the Magnum. I would really back this car. In addition to being powerful, its also very comfortable. GM service though not as good as Hyundai/Maruti is not all that bad.
Do you really think an SUV/MUV will be as fun as a Sedan ?
Also dont forget the MUV/SUV FE is also nowhere close to its sedan counterparts.
Old 15th February 2008, 10:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Amongst sedans, the Logan diesel should serve you well with its simple construction, robust build and competent diesel. Only downside is that its overpriced for what it offers.
And what about the high speed runs requirement of his?
Old 15th February 2008, 10:56   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
And what about the high speed runs requirement of his?
Thats one of his primary requirements. Logan is the wrong choice and a Logan after a Accent just dosent make sense. It kills the feeling of upgrading to a new (rather better) car.
Old 15th February 2008, 18:26   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Thats one of his primary requirements. Logan is the wrong choice and a Logan after a Accent just dosent make sense. It kills the feeling of upgrading to a new (rather better) car.
yup..i'd agree..today..saw a fabia..s k o d a .. cruised comfortably at 140..rather he overtook me :(

so maybe i'll check the skoda range..or wait for the fiat palio 1.3 MJD..the multijet diesel impresses me..with the way it revs..effortlessly.

The innova is also in the back of my mind but maybe will decide between the skoda, palio, safari 2.2 vtt and decide.

I personally dont like the looks of the fabia and paying 7 odd for the same doesnt justify..rather get a swift D it does 170!
Old 15th February 2008, 18:30   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
He drives some 140kms to his factory off the 4-lane GQ. He knows the road like the back of his hand and he'll do 240 if he had a car which could.
yup nitrous.. 240 would be great.. add to that a well sorted out handling and the ability to handle rough roads..looks like the porcsche Cayenne S would be an ideal choice - 2 drawbacks - 1. you have to fill petrol and 2. also buy it for me
Old 15th February 2008, 19:15   #67
rippergeo

if you are willing to consider hatchbacks, you should look at the elantra once again. brilliant, proven engine(best of the older lot of hyundai CRDIs) good handling, nice high speed stability, all of which actually make you think, is this car really a hyundai? and .....you can Pete it

Old 16th February 2008, 00:42   #68
Senior - BHPian

Vikram - Are you looking at hatchbacks too? If yes, then the Getz D is a serious contender & trust me it ain't slow!
Old 16th February 2008, 00:54   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
if you are willing to consider hatchbacks, you should look at the elantra once again. brilliant, proven engine(best of the older lot of hyundai CRDIs) good handling, nice high speed stability, all of which actually make you think, is this car really a hyundai? and .....you can Pete it
Rippergeo - Elantra is not a hatch, its a sedan.
Old 16th February 2008, 01:30   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Vikram - Are you looking at hatchbacks too? If yes, then the Getz D is a serious contender & trust me it ain't slow!
I too like the Getz but will it carry the occasional 300 kgs (I mean the size the extra load) ?
Old 16th February 2008, 03:02   #71
BHPian

Id say go for an innova, have gone upto 140 in it & frankly i dint want to go any faster with my family in it. Lovely handling and changes direction quickly. But going by the speeds your talking about is very very risky, especially on our roads, be it even highways. Not because of your driving, but the other people on the road..

Coming back to your question, id say test the Safari if you go through very bad roads as it is a true blue offroader and also goes upto high speeds. But i dot know much about it's handling.
Old 16th February 2008, 07:13   #72
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Rippergeo - Elantra is not a hatch, its a sedan.
I know its a sedan. Just that if headers is willing to look at a hatchback, he might as well look at a sedan too. I thought he was in the market for an SUV/MUV, seeing his requirements of load carrying and rough roads.

Old 16th February 2008, 07:41   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
oh yeah bro, its got the 1.5 verna CRDi engine..and it appears fast..and is economical..

may seriously give it a shot once i do a TD..
Old 16th February 2008, 07:43   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippergeo View Post
I know its a sedan. Just that if headers is willing to look at a hatchback, he might as well look at a sedan too. I thought he was in the market for an SUV/MUV, seeing his requirements of load carrying and rough roads.
yeah..thats the whole point..my driving experience is a BIG factor..and if i decide on a hatchback..maybe i will get a jeep to do the loads stuff..

The safari looks great.wish it handles great too..
Old 16th February 2008, 10:16   #75
rippergeo

that would be the best way. good hatch/sedan for highspeed runs and a cheap off roader/ SUV for load carrying/ rough roads.

best compromise would be innova. its an allrounder.

Most Viewed