Team-BHP - Which Fiesta? 1.4 or 1.6 - Both Petrol?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Sedans (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/)
-   -   Which Fiesta? 1.4 or 1.6 - Both Petrol? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/sedans/35684-fiesta-1-4-1-6-both-petrol.html)

Dear All,

I am confused on the curret choices I have.

My local dealer has

Option A: Dec 2007 1.4 EXI petrol model on which he is offering a disc. of ~40K (insurance + compulsory stuff + MP3 player (11K). So, the on-road price is arnd. 6.16 lacs

Option B: 1.4 ZXI petrol which would cost me around 6.73 lacs on-road

Option C: 1.6 ZXI (Fida Edition) for around 7 Lacs

I've kinda decided on Option A, if its 1.4. My friend is quite happy with his 1.4 even on highway drives. Should I wait for new 1.6 ZXI instead which would cost me around 7.1 Lacs???

I am not greatly worried on resale value as I learnt that Dec'07 is as good as 2008 make.

Would be great if you can help me

Thanks

Gopal

Did you check this thread out http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-zxi-more.html

WEll. THis is a no thinker. If you want performance and if you can afford the price. THe 1.6 is a very good choice. If you want to get more F.E figures stick to the 1.4. If the features on the zxi are those that can be sourced from outside go for the Exi and fot those additionally. i Guess the price would still be less.

A 40K discount seems to be pretty good. Since you are happy with the performance of the 1.4, take it & save a lakh over the 1.6. :)

hey why arent you worried about resale value.and for your information dec 2007 and jan 2008 are not same in the second hand market and there can be a difference of 20-25k in resale.it could be more if new generation or new variants come up.so be more wise and take a dicission.
the point you have to think about is there is a set of compulsory accesories.can you elaborate on it.as most of them or atleast one of them would be an accesory which you dont need.if you get 40000 cash discount then its a different issue.here when it is coupled with accesories you can be assured that you loose minimum 20% of it as they give you the accesories at selling price rather than cost price.
ram

Don't get into the 2007 thing for a few thousands. Remember you are spending 6 lakhs plus, what's 40000 more. Better to go for 2008 and have peace of mind.

Regarding 1.4/1.6, the new version is always preferred in terms of resale value, you are buying at the right time so take advantage of you timing and get the new version.

I don't know about the new 1.6 ZXI but if it has abs and driver side airbags its a no brainer. The extra cost is worth it.

Though the 1.4 is "sufficient", it is the 1.6 that makes the Fiesta so much more complete. The Fiesta is one of the few driver oriented cars in that segment and has very balanced underpinnings. Stretch to the 100BHP option and keep smiling on long drives!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopal.putrevu (Post 726110)
Dear All,

I've kinda decided on Option A, if its 1.4.

I am not greatly worried on resale value as I learnt that Dec'07 is as good as 2008 make.

Quote:

Originally Posted by raul (Post 726262)
I don't know about the new 1.6 ZXI but if it has abs and driver side airbags its a no brainer. The extra cost is worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram_hyundai (Post 726253)
hey why arent you worried about resale value.and for your information dec 2007 and jan 2008 are not same in the second hand market and there can be a difference of 20-25k in resale.

The 1.6 is definitely more FTD than the 1.4 going by everyone's views on T-BHP. So, it comes down to FTD + comforts (keyless entry, electric ORVMs, height adjustable seats...) vs FE + Price.

Also, as quoted by ram_hyundai, there's definitely a price difference between Dec 07 and Jan 08 models in the Used Car market. I checked prices for the 1.4 EXI at Carwale.com and found a Dec 06 model is quoted at ~ 22K less than a Jan 07 model.

See here for more details:
Dec 06 model valuation - CarValue | My Valuations | CarWale CarValue - CarWale.com India
Jan 07 model valuation - CarValue | My Valuations | CarWale CarValue - CarWale.com India

I am sure you can still find a logically inclined individual buyer when you need to sell, but that's another issue altogether.

@raul, ABS + Airbags are available only on the top-end SXIs and not in the 1.6 ZXI. The original news about Airbags and ABS being made standard across variants was wrong.

1.4 is a bit under powered. Recently Ford announcd that the 1.4 ZXI will be replaced with 1.6 engine based on user feedback with just a Rs5000 increase in the price. So go for 1.6. You might get that too at a good price.

If you are inquiring about the cost of the vehicle w.r.t. the discounts offered for 2007 models, then the above responses should guide you.
On the other hand, if it is the features of a 1.4 vs the 1.6, there was a similar thread last week, per link below:-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...i-1-6-sxi.html

Quote:

Airbags are available only on the top-end SXIs and not in the 1.6 ZXI.
Wern't airbags made available across the Fiesta range recently?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 726653)
Wern't airbags made available across the Fiesta range recently?

I thought so too, until I checked Ford's web site and also read this article:
Moneycontrol India :: News :: Ford Fiesta's new Pace Petrol series to add excitement :: :: Press- News :: Ford India ,automobile,Fiesta Pace Petrol,cars,Scott McCormack,Limca Book

The new top end SXI variants in both Petrol and Diesel offerings, now has a driver-side Air Bag and classy Turn Indicators on Outside Rearview Mirror [ORVM]. The SXIs also have ABS [Anti-Lock Braking System], making Ford Fiesta one of the few manufacturer's amongst the segment players offering ABS as a standard fitment.

Their claim of being one of the few offering ABS+Airbags as "standard" fitment is hyperbole at best and a plain lie at worst.

That's way too much spinning in one press release.

1.4EXI for 6.16 lakhs after discount and that too 2007 model:Shockked:

the same car was offered to some of our employees at the AVP grade when i used to be with a bank in chennai at 4.5 lakhs as a part of corporate scheme - and this was as early as in april-may 2006

how do car companies manage to price it so low under corporate scheme ?! or are they overpriced in the open market ?