Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2008, 03:25   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
the Renault has just ended their partnership with M&M and the future doesnot look very good either, any info on the service backup of logans?
That's totally incorrect. The partnership is very much there. The one that you are confusing with is the Mahindra-Renault-Nissan partnership.

I personally feel that the partnership of Mahindra-Renault might not have a very extraordinary future but it won't be bad. Logan is a good car and the initial launches always have some glitches and this has proved for other manufacturers also. For example initial Palios has low FE problem, Indicas and Sumos had lot of problems and Swift and SX4 have some problems as well.
I don't think that one should totallyrule out Logan from their options list. If you don't like it after a test drive then its a different story.
Old 24th February 2008, 05:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sush View Post
That's totally incorrect. The partnership is very much there. The one that you are confusing with is the Mahindra-Renault-Nissan partnership.

I personally feel that the partnership of Mahindra-Renault might not have a very extraordinary future but it won't be bad. Logan is a good car and the initial launches always have some glitches and this has proved for other manufacturers also. For example initial Palios has low FE problem, Indicas and Sumos had lot of problems and Swift and SX4 have some problems as well.
I don't think that one should totallyrule out Logan from their options list. If you don't like it after a test drive then its a different story.

okay agreed, but then you said it yourself, and the car still needs to prove itself right? so why take chances?
Old 24th February 2008, 10:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Yeah but the only problem is that there is a 4 month waiting period for Getz diesel in Bangalore. Thats what my friend told me.
take your time bro....Go for Getz diesel(or the high end petrol model......extremely smooth engine). I bet your frend wont regret ever in his life
Old 27th February 2008, 11:31   #19
BHPian

My Friends is Drifiting seriously towards SUMO Grande

friends and fellow diesel heads

First I thank you all for your valuable inputs and suggestions, it was greatly appreciated by my friend and he was amazed to see the number of responses pouring in such a short notice, I just said buddy its Team BHP.

Its all started 2 days back, when I sent him the link to Sumo Grande's website and kept my mouth shut for few hours and it did the magic. Now he has fallen in love with Grande and wants to TD it. I have checked with my sources and they said they can arrange one with 2 hours advance notice, which we plan to do it Today :-)

Regards
reachmash

Last edited by reachmash : 27th February 2008 at 11:32. Reason: to correct the text
Old 27th February 2008, 11:46   #20
BHPian

Based on the report by one our TBHP member in this forum, seems like the grande is pretty good on the performance aspect and VFM features and the tata's are finally getting their engines right with the 2.2 ltr dicor which is one of the better common rail engines currently in the market .

Am not sure about the looks ..but then beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder..Just in case u dont like the Grande, i would say that for ur budget logan, and the indigo are a good bet. Am not sure if the fiesta 1.4 would fit the budget u mentioned

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks