Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 15:54   #16
BHPian

The Japanese Cedia engine is will last long term.

Mangum may have torque, but in the end its a Chevy american unreliabilty.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:21   #17
Senior - BHPian

Another reason to buy Cedia; is safer than base Magnum as it has ABS EBD etc (and airbag?)

Since you are from Faridabad, road tax would be puny right?
Old 26th February 2008, 16:24   #18
BHPian

Yeah JK
Its close to 60 K total for insurance and registration or me.
Old 26th February 2008, 16:47   #19
Senior - BHPian

I'm completely happy with Mitsubishi service so far. The car has had no issues either. I get an FE of 10 or so in bangalore traffic. So in Delhi/Faridabad, the FE will be much better.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Been driving the Optra Magnum from August last year. Amazing power over 2200rpm. Pulls like crazy! Extremely good ride, soaks up bumps and craters very well. Handling is scary at high speeds. FE is 12+ in Calcutta, 90% AC. Haven't faced any problems so far. 1st service done at 5200kms. Cost Rs. 1440. Overall, a very competent car.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:36   #21
Senior - BHPian

700kms per month is not reason to go for diesel. For you, it's cedia or city. City should be slightly better considering resale etc. If you are determined on keeping car for 4 years, beleive me cedia will put more smiles on your face..
Old 26th February 2008, 17:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Yeah JK
Its close to 60 K total for insurance and registration or me.
Currently Mitsubishi is giving insurance free with Cedia so if you decide fast,before month end you will get INR 30K off on insurance. Only registration have to be paid which will be much less compared to Delhi registration which is 41K.

I am also considering having a Cedia and TD Cedia recently and found it absolutely marvellous in performance, engine response,ride,handling,breaking..Driver seating position and view from driver's seat is excellent too. I especially liked the sports model which comes fully loaded & have enough drool factor too!At about INR 9.2- 9.3L its fantastic VFM apart from being a fantastic car..

My vote goes to Cedia Sports, unquestionably! For me its not a question of which car but WHEN??!!
Old 26th February 2008, 17:41   #23
BHPian

My heart also wants Cedia but when i asked Excel Motors- Delhi Mitsubishi Dealer, they said that Cedia sells arnd 15-20 units permonth.
I sincerely fear that at this volume the showroom might not shut its shop soon.
After sales and things like this worry the most.
Any Cedia owner from Delhi who is a customer for Excel can tell about their after sales service.?
Magnum, as told is wavery at high speeds but since its going to be driven in city, shld i consider this point?

Thnks
Anuj
Old 26th February 2008, 18:02   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Magnum, as told is wavery at high speeds but since its going to be driven in city, shld i consider this point?

Thnks
Anuj
Magnum's handling issues come to fore at quite high speeds. No need to worry during normal driving. Though your monthly travel does not warrant a diesel, why don't you TD a Magnum if you are interested?
Old 26th February 2008, 18:07   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My heart also wants Cedia but when i asked Excel Motors- Delhi Mitsubishi Dealer, they said that Cedia sells arnd 15-20 units permonth.
I sincerely fear that at this volume the showroom might not shut its shop soon.
Hey man, if you loved the Cedia, just go for it! Just because they sell 15-20 a month doesn't mean Excel Motors will shut shop - they've been around for a while & there are other Mitsubishi models selling as well you know

The City is not a contender & your proposed monthly running doesn't indicate a need for a diesel otherwise the Magnum would have been a good car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvd View Post
Handling is scary at high speeds.
, huh? Just when I thought it was a very good overall package for some good stonking Common Rail fun!

Last edited by suman : 26th February 2008 at 18:11.
Old 26th February 2008, 18:18   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

, huh? Just when I thought it was a very good overall package for some good stonking Common Rail fun!

Simble! Have fun on the straights. Its FUN alright. Specially when you have to turn at high speeds. Lots of "drama" and screeches
Old 26th February 2008, 18:52   #27
BHPian

Lancer Cedia/Magnum Diesel or wait for new Honda City

As far as Mitsubishi future in India is concerned,I would like to tell you that Japanese are buying stake in india and Birla would not be there any longer this deal is likely to happen in July 08.This is a authentic news and because of this only HM share rose to 88 rs.refer HM site for details.

Regarding Excell Motors:I would say Chankaya puri motors in Gurgoan is a much better option than Excell motors.I am a owner of Lancer & I am planning to buy cedia in coming month

I would like to tell you that cedia is the most underrated car in india,as in india cars sell not becuase it's feature but india'ns always trust opinion of the neighbour etc to buy car instaed of having an understanding about the product.No offence to any one!!!I am telling about average indian.....

Anyway Cedia is very strong product & I stringly believe you should go for cedia instead of Magnum diesel,In case you need any help regarding cedia i can help you around....i have some links in it...

Thanks
Old 26th February 2008, 19:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupam00 View Post
As far as Mitsubishi future in India is concerned,I would like to tell you that Japanese are buying stake in india and Birla would not be there any longer this deal is likely to happen in July 08.This is a authentic news and because of this only HM share rose to 88 rs.refer HM site for details.

Anyway Cedia is very strong product & I stringly believe you should go for cedia instead of Magnum diesel,In case you need any help regarding cedia i can help you around....i have some links in it...

Thanks
This news is true.
I too had a Test drive of Cedia last week and the sales person told me the same thing. Mitsubishi is taking over soon and you can see that they have started advertisement for cedia these days.
They seems to have perfect future plans. Also they are adding more showrooms. Only concern will be the resale value. It should change in next few years.
I am in the process of test driving few other cars. So far Cedia is on top of my list.
Old 26th February 2008, 21:53   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
this is my first post on Team-BHP.
I am planning to a buy a new car.
My budget is btween 8 to 9.

Shortlisted the following cars
1. Lancer Cedia Sports
2. Chevorlet Magnum Diesel.
3. Honda City.(Waiting for the new model to be launched)

Pls advise me about the prospects of a new City coming soon.
Also do guide me if Lancer Cedia is a good option.Would i be getting a good after sales service?
Chevorlet Magnum is a good car but i completely drool over Cedia's looks.

Will it be worth the wait for a new Honda city? If not then which is a better overall car. Magnum or Cedia. Pls help.

Thnks in advance
Anuj

Well I think you should try stretch your budget upto the Civic!!! lol
Magnum is a great car no doubt. Cedia has its own +'s and -'s. Some people love it some people hate it. So if you have td'en it and liked it then go for it. Regarding New Honda City. There is no official news yet. Even i have been dying to see the spy pics or get any info on launch date.
As far as i know its launching in Thailand in August '08. If that happens we should expect it to be launched in India by Oct '08.
Old 26th February 2008, 22:22   #30
Senior - BHPian

Magnum buddy close your eyes and put money on this car and you will never feel sad in your lifetime of using this car.

The best space you get inside the car, the best FE, the best Speed(if u want it), see to that you go for the higher end version by paying a bit extra when you are ready to spend 8-9L.

My money is on Chevrolet Optra Magnum ...........

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks