Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2008, 16:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

@ Zoom_vroom - Any updates? Which car did you buy?
Old 28th March 2008, 17:00   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoom_vroom View Post
Shortlisted the following cars
1. Lancer Cedia Sports
2. Chevorlet Magnum Diesel.
3. Honda City.(Waiting for the new model to be launched)
New City?. Perhaps a year. By that time, some other competing car launch would also be months away. The cycle will go on and on. I would suggest deciding on these cars now (ie if you are buying).
Old 5th April 2008, 11:24   #63
Senior - BHPian

@ Vasudeva - For your info Next Gen City will surely be out end of this year!

@ Zoom - I would suggest you to go for Cedia if your in a hurry to buy a car.
IF you can wait till Oct then opt for City!
Old 5th April 2008, 11:46   #64
BANNED

Not really. Most likely in October. There are rumors that Honda might get the 120BHP VTEC , along with 100BHP VTEC. If the happens then the New City (NC) will snatch the 'Performnace King' crown from Cedia
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
New City?. Perhaps a year. By that time, some other competing car launch would also be months away. The cycle will go on and on. I would suggest deciding on these cars now (ie if you are buying).
Old 5th April 2008, 13:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

If the new city is launched in OCT then it would be a month to look out for guys,Lots of launches that month.
If there is a 120 bhp vtech city in oct then waiting for it is worth it buddie.
ram
Old 5th April 2008, 13:48   #66
Senior - BHPian

The New City will be more exciting than present City for sure.
for me most awaited cars of 2008 would be Nano, City & Linea!
Old 7th April 2008, 12:13   #67
BHPian

If you want to buy a car, suggest don't depend on hearsay on future cars. That way you should never buy cars or anything to with technology. A better & new version is always around the corner.

The new city will get launched this year but no one knows the specs. The OHC was a scorcher but then Honda launched the NHC which I felt was a step backwards as the OHC was a much better car. Don't blame them as that's what Indians wanted - a refined, fuel efficient car with the Honda badge. I want a more involving, fun to drive car. I love driving and the car needs to complement that.

From your choices I would highly recommend the Magnum - as they say it's more car per car. Wished the LS had the ABS but atleast it has disc brakes on all 4. I have driven it pretty extensively over the last 3 months and the handling is not bad. Anyways I assume you are not entering rallies. It has a great plush ride and that' what you want for your daily commute. GM is not unreliable, know a lot of people who swear by their GM cars. The Opel days are over, it anyway sells more cars than Honda & Toyota in India. It is serious about India and the Magnum and the Spark are steps in the right direction.

I myself have been a MUL loyalist - have owned the Alto, Wagon R & Baleno and own a Swift. But I am switching to the Magnum LS by the end of this month, have done lot's of research on this forum and other sites - all say that the Magnum is great value for money. Their cashless service for 3 years also added to my confidence.

Best of luck!
Old 8th April 2008, 16:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
This is exactly what I was thinking too. Fully loaded Magnum will be at least 1.5Lakhs more than Cedia sports.
I find Cedia more fun to drive (Only based on TD experience).
This will certainly be a tough decision to make. Both cars are really good.
My mind is more towards cedia.

Hi koova,

Which color is your new cedia sports?
Old 8th April 2008, 17:46   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
Hi koova,

Which color is your new cedia sports?
I got M-Red Sports. Just done 125km so far as I am waiting for a tyre upgrade.
I will write a detailed report and post photos soon.
Old 9th April 2008, 00:21   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloo View Post
Not really. Most likely in October. There are rumors that Honda might get the 120BHP VTEC , along with 100BHP VTEC. If the happens then the New City (NC) will snatch the 'Performnace King' crown from Cedia
Err it'll still have the same lame chassis of the NHC which feels unstable at 100-120. Whats the point of more power if the car's chassis can't handle it.
Old 9th April 2008, 12:34   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Err it'll still have the same lame chassis of the NHC
I am curious - where is all this info available?
Old 9th April 2008, 13:44   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlferrari View Post
If you want to buy a car, suggest don't depend on hearsay on future cars. That way you should never buy cars or anything to with technology. A better & new version is always around the corner.

The new city will get launched this year but no one knows the specs. The OHC was a scorcher but then Honda launched the NHC which I felt was a step backwards as the OHC was a much better car. Don't blame them as that's what Indians wanted - a refined, fuel efficient car with the Honda badge. I want a more involving, fun to drive car. I love driving and the car needs to complement that.

From your choices I would highly recommend the Magnum - as they say it's more car per car. Wished the LS had the ABS but atleast it has disc brakes on all 4. I have driven it pretty extensively over the last 3 months and the handling is not bad. Anyways I assume you are not entering rallies. It has a great plush ride and that' what you want for your daily commute. GM is not unreliable, know a lot of people who swear by their GM cars. The Opel days are over, it anyway sells more cars than Honda & Toyota in India. It is serious about India and the Magnum and the Spark are steps in the right direction.

I myself have been a MUL loyalist - have owned the Alto, Wagon R & Baleno and own a Swift. But I am switching to the Magnum LS by the end of this month, have done lot's of research on this forum and other sites - all say that the Magnum is great value for money. Their cashless service for 3 years also added to my confidence.

Best of luck!
Congrats kewlferrari. But please be aware that a member of this forum has just reported a problem with the Magnum (not just his):-
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...sign-flaw.html
Old 9th April 2008, 13:46   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
I am curious - where is all this info available?
Just take it to a decent speed and check for yourself. The car feels incredibly twitchy at highway cruising speeds and its pretty hard to maintain a straight line at anything beyond 120. Poor quality thin rubber that the car comes equipped with is also an issue.
Old 9th April 2008, 13:51   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Just take it to a decent speed and check for yourself.
nopes - thats not what i meant. The person was referring to the new city planned for Oct 08 and you mentioned it will still have the chassis of the NHC.
Old 9th April 2008, 14:34   #75
Senior - BHPian

I assumed that it'd be another facelift with new engine options. I maybe wrong though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks