Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2008, 10:48   #1
BHPian

Replacing Verna CRDi with SX4

I've a Verna SX ABS, which was bought in May 07. I've done 9000km, and today after seeing a friend's SX4 ZXi with its high clearance, I'm thinking about changing my car. I've a Laura, and will be getting a Scorpio VLX soon, so Diesel economy isn't a bother. But is the SX4 a worthy drive? How would it feel? I was disappointed earlier twice: first when I replaced my Maruti 800 with a Santro, and then with the Laura I bought in place of my dear Octavia. So help me
Old 28th February 2008, 11:03   #2
Senior - BHPian

Please TD an SX4 and decide. It is a good car, but I'm not sure if it is as fast as a Verna CRDI. Good GC is its biggest forte.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

It is really silly IMO to replace a car like a Verna with such a fantastic engine with a car like a SX4 just for GC. Instead use the Scorpio when you think the roads are really bad ie during monsoons.

Verna's engine is not only more efficient but is faster, has more torque and the Verna looks so much better then the SX4.
Old 28th February 2008, 11:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Wow this is the first time i have seen someone dumping a Verna CRDi ( and that too an SX ABS ) for a SX4. IMHO GC is the "ONLY" advantage that i can make out there !
Old 28th February 2008, 12:01   #5
Senior - BHPian

If you are trying to replace a top end verna vgt ,its not a wise decission.You have mentioned that there are other vehicles with you which has good GC.The power delivery of verna vgt cannot be substituted with the sx4.
ram
Old 28th February 2008, 12:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Why not do something with spacers?

Last edited by Samurai : 29th February 2008 at 14:11. Reason: offensive comment removed
phamilyman is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2008, 12:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Do you have any problem with Verna Crdi.It's amazing car and raw power is awesome.
Sx4 also good but lack in power when you compare with Verna Crdi as well as FE.
try TD and come for decision.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:15   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
I was disappointed earlier twice: first when I replaced my Maruti 800 with a Santro, and then with the Laura I bought in place of my dear Octavia.
And you'll be third time unlucky if you decide to go in for the SX4 for mere GC
Old 28th February 2008, 12:16   #9
BHPian

i think you are fine with the verna, stick by it.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
It is really silly IMO to replace a car like a Verna with such a fantastic engine with a car like a SX4 just for GC. Instead use the Scorpio when you think the roads are really bad ie during monsoons.

Verna's engine is not only more efficient but is faster, has more torque and the Verna looks so much better then the SX4.
BUSA bhai, I thought SX4 Looks way way better than Verna.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:17   #11
BHPian

The only major problem with Verna's without ABS is its braking. As strong braking tend to skid the vehicle - its difficult to bring verna to a neat clean stop from high speed. But your Verna being ABS hopefully shouldn't have such issues. Other than that Verna is a great vehicle than SX4. SX4 is comparable with Fiesta's and not Verna's.
Old 28th February 2008, 12:57   #12

Can you elaborate please !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingping View Post
Other than that Verna is a great vehicle than SX4. SX4 is comparable with Fiesta's and not Verna's.

Pingping - Can you elaborate the above statement. I am looking to buy a car in that range and would like all relevant information before I make a decision.
Old 28th February 2008, 13:50   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rysk View Post
Pingping - Can you elaborate the above statement. I am looking to buy a car in that range and would like all relevant information before I make a decision.
SX4 and Fiestas fall in the similar price tags and comparable performance bracket. While Fiesta is available in both petrol and diesel, Sx4 is available only in Petrol (as of now). As Sx4 is a maruti product it is highly recommended in terms of reliabily and After sales services. It would also have better resale value too compared to ford. Ford is yet to improve their after service standards but i believe they are not scary either - decent enough.

I believe maruti spares are also cheaper compared to ford.

Check out the following link - a comparitive performance analysis of both the vehicles.

Tests - So who's driving? - Business Standard Motoring

Now your decision will largely depend on what exactly you want.

- petrol or diesel machine
- Monthly run
- Priorities like safety, comfort, FE
- Time period to keep the vehicle
- Self driven / chaffeur driven and things like that.

Note: Im not deviating from the thread topic but putting my informations to explain his query.
Old 28th February 2008, 14:50   #14
BHPian

I TD'ed SX4 and found its engine to be be hoarse at high speeds.
Probabaly it was a TD car or so, but the engine noise was filtering inside the cabin and even the build quality was not as good.
Though it has a good GC, but since you have other vehicles to take care off in bad times(roads),stick with Verna.Even hyundal has a comparable after sales and dealer network now.
Old 28th February 2008, 16:37   #15
Senior - BHPian

If you were asking to buy a car between Verna and SX4, then it wud hav been a different story bro.. but since you already have Verna..that too new... i dont see any point in changing it so soon..unless you hav some major problems with the car..

infact if u change, you ll loose on resale for sure.

for GC, what more do you need than Scorpio ?

If i were u, i wud buy Scorpio and keep Verna too... (save few bucks instead of buying SX4)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks