Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2007, 15:43   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd View Post
did you miss this post Spadival ?

~A
oops.. yeah!! Thats what I expected.. Used Baleno's disappear very fast from the market, regardless of whatever shape they are in !!
Old 2nd July 2007, 16:42   #32
BHPian

I bought mine in Nov '05 with an extended warranty of 4 years.

Regards,

Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by adityapd View Post
Haven't driven the car yet ( will do that in a week or so)...but incase all's well what is the price I should settle for ? Also would like to know whether the extended warranty of 4 yrs was available way back in Oct 05 ?

~A
Old 9th July 2007, 09:55   #33
Senior - BHPian

We had been to Kapico Maruti last Saturday to check out the SX4. Awesome looks (maybe due to the high-ish stance & big wheels), enormous boot etc. The sales guy said Vxi can be delivered in less than a month, while ZXi will take around 2 months. Asked the FE and he said 10kmpl with a/c in city.

Out of curiosity, I asked him at what price he will buy back my 2005 Baleno Lxi, in exchange for the SX4 and he quoted a price of 4.5lakhs. And, this is without even seeing my car condition or kms run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc
MUL Dealer offered a buyback of my Jan 2006 6.75OTR, 18K kms VXi for around 3.75 to 4 - for a switch to SX4 - last month.
If a 2005 Lxi could get 4.5L, I am wondering why the guys in Calcutta offered so less for your 2006 Vxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Car condition : Excellent Good Fair
Baleno Lxi : 4,53,500 4,38,000 4,16,000
Looks like carwale.com are pretty spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover
Mar 2005 Baleno for 4.53L seems pretty preposterous to me.
Given the dealer buy-back price for the car, carwale.com are off by just 3K, which is not that bad IMO.

P.S.: I am neither selling my car nor going for the SX4. I just wanted to check out the SX4 and NHC. Did not happen bcos the SX4 had gone out for test drive and we could not get the time to go to Capital Honda.
Old 10th July 2007, 05:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Guys, isnt this a two year old thread?
its a old thread alright,
nobody was talking about baleno for a long time, may be thats why everybody jumped on this one

(just kidding guys...)
Old 27th September 2007, 23:32   #35
BHPian

Planning for a 2nd hand Baleno. Need some help

Planning to buy a 2nd hand Baleno after being [COLOR=black][FONT='Times New Roman']mesmerized [/FONT][/COLOR]by its performance

Got hold of a 2004 Lxi. Its a company maintained car and has run 85,000kms. Will be having a good look at the car tomorrow.

But before that can anyone tell me what will be a good price for the car. Whether its worth to get a car that has run 85 k considering the fact that it has Suzuki under the hood. Also what should be my check list when I look at the car?

I have planned for the following mods if I get hold of a Baleno.
1> Pedders Shocks (25-30K)
2> FF(15 K)
3> K&N (5K)
4> 185 tubeless tyres (maybe some alloys) (20K)
5> Possible get the car coloured (20-25K)
6> Get a separate ECU from RaceDynamics(would need my friend Karthik's help - but this is for the future)
My sole motive is to get the maximum performance out of it.

I know there are many proud Baleno owners in the Forum. Any input in this regard will be highly appreciated.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:15   #36
Team-BHP Support

For a car that has run 85000 kms I would rather not buy it. I am sure if you look around you will find better deals. Remember, Baleno is already out of production. With each passing year sourcing the parts will get progressively difficult. And considering that this car is already past its prime this is one thing that may give you some trouble in near future if not immediately.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:31   #37
Team-BHP Support

I would suggest you to have a look at the car and if it is kind of ok and you get it dirt cheap then you should go ahead with it. Anyway you are looking to mod the car, so I think price is the main criterion here. so IMO 85K on the odo should not be a deterrant.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

- another baleno to join the gang then !!
A friend of mine bought a 02M (2001) car from Ritchie motors, in April this year.

6 yr old, single owner, 22K kms - 2L !! He was quoted 2.6 L !!

- owner runs a tea estate in N. Bengal; apparently had 5 other cars and used this sparingly in the hills.
- the clutch was completely gone.
- engine was fine
- front power windows had problems
- power antenna not working
- one ORVM has cracked
- paint was fine
- original 165 tyres
- rear bumper had some damage

He got the car back in shape for around 60k at a MASS, added alloys and 185s. 3L and he had a fine specimen ! Out of that 60, 10+10 were power window assemblies, and 5+5 were ORVMs

Ritchie normally has info of a few Balenos.
Old 28th September 2007, 01:54   #39
Team-BHP Support

All that was fine because the car had run only 22k. In this case it has already clocked 85000 kms. I think thats a little too much on the higher side. He may soon need to go in for a costly engine overhaul. My personal belief is that you should get rid of a car before it needs an engine overhaul. Everything else (the paintwork, bumper dents, cracked mirrors etc) is superficial and can be restored to new by spending money.
Old 28th September 2007, 02:03   #40
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
All that was fine because the car had run only 22k. In this case it has already clocked 85000 kms. I think thats a little too much on the higher side. He may soon need to go in for a costly engine overhaul. My personal belief is that you should get rid of a car before it needs an engine overhaul. Everything else (the paintwork, bumper dents, cracked mirrors etc) is superficial and can be restored to new by spending money.
agreed that 85K is on the higher side, but one thing has to be considered here - 22K in 6-7 years is very low and that means the car must have been idle for long periods which IMO is very detrimental for the engine. Or else the dealer or the previous owner must hav tampered the odo. in this case at least the owner seems to be speaking the truth about the mileage.
Old 28th September 2007, 03:18   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Ritchie normally has info of a few Balenos.
Their business model is fantastic. As far as the deals are concerned, they definitely get the best out of their deals. See how much he will quote for your car (just for your informations sake!)
Old 28th September 2007, 07:34   #42
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Vroooom, try to negotiate the price for as low as possible since you are going to change the suspension, rims & tires anyway. Check for structural damages to the chassis which should be your primary concern. If you are planning to work on the engine, I suggest you do a complete overhaul to begin with. Change the sleeves, pistons & rings and do a compression test. The rest should be ok. And the overhauling is not that expensive either. Should work out to under 15k.

Zappo, this might sound weird but as long as baleno's are being used by privateers in rallies and are popular in the tuning circles spares will always be available. For eg, look at the OHC. It looks like an eternity since its been discontinued YET somehow tuners always end up sourcing spares even when the showroom people can't. So, in the end it all depends on whom you know in the circle I suppose. But, if your intention is to have a stock car & a peaceful experience its best to stick to buying a brand new car.

When it comes to good performance in the current lineup of cars nothing comes to mind in the under 6-7L price bracket, save maybe the Palio 1.6. That is where the OHC & Baleno won many hearts.
Old 28th September 2007, 10:36   #43
BHPian

@Zappo: I agree 85k is on the higher side. But as BP mentioned the user is honest with its mileage. Now lets just hope that its well maintained.

@Shuvc: I really want to join the Baleno club. Was looking at some Esteems as well. Just need a performance car. Thanks for telling me about Ritchie Motors. Planning to knock their door this weekend.

@mclaren1885: I plan to take the car to MASS before making the final decision. Apart from looking into the chasis, I plan to do the compression test as well. But 15k for the overhauling? I thought it would be somewhere round 30k.

In between, BP and myself are planning to look at the car today in the afternoon. I was little wrong. Its a Baleno Vxi (May 2004). The car was owned and maintained by Aditya Birla Group. Its not through any dealers. The owner just kept on saying its a maintenance free car. I kept on crying that it has 85k and is out of production :-) Hope that helps.He is expecting somewhere round 2.15-2.25L. I dont think thats dirt cheap. Will keep you all updated with the proceedings

Will keep you updated. Incase anyone gets hold of someone planning to sell his Baleno/Esteem, please inform me. One big problem in Kolkata is that there are very few Baleno owners and those who have them dont want to sell them (take BP for example ;-) )
Old 28th September 2007, 11:00   #44
Team-BHP Support

very good piece of advice given by mclaren1885. the main concern should be the overall integrity of the car.
Old 28th September 2007, 15:13   #45
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Vrooom, I have just completed an engine overhaul for my baleno. My has run only 35k though . I can give you a break up of the costs if you like. A brand new set of sleeves, quality much better than the OE ones will cost you around 4,500, pistons with the rings are retailing for about 10,000 in the open market. If pistons are alright rings alone will cost you 1,2xx. If you want to cut down on costs further I can try and source you some really good conditioned second hand pistons for a baleno (maybe even some performance pistons that increase you CR slightly & have no compromise on reliability). I know some crazy people including myself who changed our stock pistons as early as 20k kms and went for aftermarket pistons. Such pistons were in prime condition and available. I don't suspect crankshaft, conrods would have taken much of a beating. You might have to check with the valves and valve springs. They are not that expensive either.

What else have we left out? You will definitely need a different clutch if the owner hasn't replaced it already. I suggest you get a aftermarket clutch, its really good and retails for some 11k. If you need further details let me know. Stock clutch is about 6k + fitting charges. The other clutch transfers power quicker and you will see a lot of difference between to two.
Worth the dough, even for a stock engine.

You have already sorted out the paint, rims, tires, suspension, ECU, FFE part. See if you can settle the amount for 1.8-2.0L. Spend another 1-1.2L and you will have a car good to go without any troubles for another 5yrs atleast. IMO even after you have spent about 4L (exaggerated guesstimate) for a 2004 baleno you won't regret it because you will not find a OHC VTEC for that price anywhere. Plus you might have to do the overhauling again on the OHC too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks