Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 15:07   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp View Post
the mirror is available @ 3k (approx) both sides....

OT :-

yesterday the service advisor @ viteese mumbai told me almost all SGP parts are stopped and they have introduced MGP parts for the baleno....this means good news for all baleno lovers and owners like me

for example a AC BELT (SGP) costing 1800 rs about 5-6 months ago now costs only
AC BELT (MGP) costing 450 rs...
Thanks to you and Shuvc, I see no challenge in procuring the car. I am happy and have finally decided to buy it.

Should be completing the deal in few days time.

Thanks guys for all your help

Regards,
Kailash
Old 11th March 2008, 15:09   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
yesterday the service advisor @ viteese mumbai told me almost all SGP parts are stopped and they have introduced MGP parts for the baleno
Wow, this surely is good news.
Old 11th March 2008, 15:37   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
OT: Where did you get it fixed? Wonder Cars? How long did you have to wait for the part to arrive?
Yup, I got it fixed from wonder cars. The part was in stock. I also got the fuel gauge replaced. (not the one on the instrument cluster, the floating thing in the tank) since the indicator used to show absurd readings sometimes. That too was in stock.

They took a day to troubleshoot and isolate other possible causes for the fuel pump to not work like wiring, relays, etc. because they had one electrician less at the workshop.
The 2nd day morning, the pump automatically started working. They isolated the pump on a direct connection to the battery and tested it. It overheated and stopped working after some time, after which they suggested replacement.

Last edited by shrivz : 11th March 2008 at 15:44.
Old 11th March 2008, 16:10   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
# Each power window assembly ~ 10K.
# Power window switch console ~ 4K
I got a pair of refurbished rear power window regulator assemblys along with the driving side switch console housing from Chor Bazar in bombay last year.

Paid Rs. 3500/- for both and to date they're working flawlessly. It would've been cheaper to get the regulator assembly repaired there, but that would've meant making another trip to bombay since I hadn't carried the busted assemblys.

I was quoted some 7k odd for each rear power window regulator assembly from maruti.
Old 12th March 2008, 15:13   #35
BHPian

I just realised that the Baleno is not registered in Mumbai. Hence I wanted to understand what are the requirements for transferring the registration to Mumbai and what could be the probable cost for the same.

Can any Tbhpian throw some light on this aspect.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 12th March 2008, 16:53   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
I just realised that the Baleno is not registered in Mumbai.
Where is it registered? I guess you cant get it registered in the same place in your name because you'll need address proof. Mine was a PY (Pondycherry) registered car which I got transferred to TN (Tamil Nadu) when I bought it. I dont know all the formalities involved, but I ended up paying 30k as "Commercial tax". Dunno what the hell this is.
Old 12th March 2008, 20:28   #37
BHPian

The car is registered in Pune. Does any one have any idea of moving the registration from Pune to Mumbai. What is the procedure and what is this Commercial Tax as informed by Spadival.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 12th March 2008, 20:35   #38
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car is registered in Pune. Does any one have any idea of moving the registration from Pune to Mumbai. What is the procedure and what is this Commercial Tax as informed by Spadival.

Please suggest.

Regards,
Kailash
do you have to move the registration? my car is registered in pune mh12 and its been in bombay for more than a year. only been stopped 2 times about the registration.
Old 13th March 2008, 00:22   #39
BHPian

HI Akshay

Good to know that you have only been stopped twice with your Pune registration. But then what did you do. Did you have to pay them any fine or what did the cops say.

What is the final outcome of this and can you share your experience. I have heard that they are catching people with registrations even in Thane that are living in Mumbai and they also send out show cause Notice. Has anything like that happened to you ?

Regards,
Kailash
Old 13th March 2008, 05:26   #40
BHPian

Quote:
HI Akshay

Good to know that you have only been stopped twice with your Pune registration. But then what did you do. Did you have to pay them any fine or what did the cops say.

What is the final outcome of this and can you share your experience. I have heard that they are catching people with registrations even in Thane that are living in Mumbai and they also send out show cause Notice. Has anything like that happened to you ?

Regards,
Kailash

should not be a problem since its a mh reg

we here in blore run mysore and other citie's(with in karnataka) cars with out any problems

an if you do (since i am not aware of the maharastra rules) this could be a casue for the low selling price of car

here if a car is not from blore than there is a dipreciation in the valve about 10 or 20 k for sure
Old 13th March 2008, 05:28   #41
BHPian

and ya never buy a car from true value

when i went to buy n lxi 2005 model there they asked me 5.25 lakhs for it
and the following week i went there to sell(just to check) my 2006 lxi
they asked it for 3.10 lakhs

imagine the difference as if there vehilces are made of gold
Old 13th March 2008, 09:39   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
The car is registered in Pune.
Man, this is new to me. You can't even drive a car registered in a particular city of a state, in other parts of the same state ?

TN & Kerala are heaven that ways - you can drive a car from any state here without any issues. The TN cops do catch 2-wheelers registered in other states. We had an Assam-registered car running in TN for years & our GJ M800 is being used in Kerala without any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias
and ya never buy a car from true value
Don't know about buying from them, but I would not sell to them. They quoted 20K for my '85 M800, while I sold it outside for 40K.
Old 13th March 2008, 10:44   #43
BHPian

Dear Kailash,
1) There is no way cops can catch you for using an MH registration in Maharashtra. Road Tax is levied by the state authorities as it falls under List II (State List) in the Constitution. As long as the road tax is paid in the state, cops can not catch you for that. So if you are buying an MH registered vehicle for use in the state of Maharashtra, Road Tax is already paid there and it is not a concern. You will find the Road Tax paid seal in the RC book or there will be a separate challan for that. This is very important.
2) As for registering the car in Pune, you can not do that unless you have an address proof showing that you reside in Pune. But do not fake it, else it will cause you trouble later. You will receive challans in the fake address etc. Not worth the hassle.
3) So what you will have to do is get a clearance certificate from the RTO in Pune, where the car is registered. Take this clearance certificate to your jurisdictional RTO in Mumbai, submit the same and get the car registered in your name alongwith the requisite forms - Forms 29 and 30. The number will not change. The cops can not catch and harass you as long as you have your documents in place - RC Book, Insurance and Emission Certificate.
Do let me know if you have any further queries.
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 13th March 2008, 11:11   #44
Senior - BHPian

The problem is not about moving around in Mumbai with a Pune registered car. After buying the car, if kailashnj has to change the registration to his name, he has to show an address proof IN PUNE to register the car under Pune RTO. If kailashnj can get some address proof (maybe his relatives address or something), then its not a problem at all to change the registration to his name and drive the car in Mumbai LEGALLY without any issues. Just make sure its Pune RTO and not Pimpri-Chinchwad one, because I think they are seperate.

In my case, even though I was residing in Pune, I was lucky because my passport still had Chennai address and hence could provide that as address proof. This address proof thing is such a pain in the A** in India. I remember Samurai had started a thread on that.

On a lighter note, I was stopped by a Pune traffic police cop once. Turned out he wanted a lift in my TN registered car

Last edited by spadival : 13th March 2008 at 11:15.
Old 13th March 2008, 12:58   #45
Senior - BHPian

kailashnj,

1. Get a NOC ( no objection certificate) by Pune RTO. This has to be taken care by the seller.
2. You would be required to pay approximately 4.5% of the depreciated value of the car to register the car in Mumbai. The depreciated value would depend on how well you deal with the RTO agent.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks