Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2008, 14:33   #46
BHPian

interstate and intrastate transfers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
kailashnj,

1. Get a NOC ( no objection certificate) by Pune RTO. This has to be taken care by the seller.
2. You would be required to pay approximately 4.5% of the depreciated value of the car to register the car in Mumbai. The depreciated value would depend on how well you deal with the RTO agent.
Dear Dipen, % value of the depreciated vehicle etc comes into play when road tax is calculated, that is, in case of interstate transfer. kailash's is a case of intrastate transfer and therefore there is no question of paying all that. This is not the NOC which has to be availed as in case of interstate transfer. Here you have to get a clearance certificate for which the fee is some 500 odd rupees. This is a very simple procedure.
Dear Kailash, you can even get the whole transfer effected by an agent for a fee of Rs. 2000 if you are not familiar with RTO procedures. I have done these myself and trust me, it is very simple.
Please do not confuse between interstate and intrastate transfers.
Cheers,
Harsha
Old 13th March 2008, 14:44   #47
Senior - BHPian

Agree with harsha.cs1. I think this should be a much simpler (and cheaper) procedure compared to the interstate tranfer.

If you have difficulty in getting address proof (these RTO's can be very finecky about what they accept as address proof), you can get an affidavit done stating that so and so is your address. Thats what my dealer did when I bought a new car in a city where I had NO address proof to speak of (no Govt bank account passbook or telephone/electricity bill).
Old 13th March 2008, 15:10   #48
BHPian

Harsha.cs1 - I enquired with an agent and he has informed me that it will be atleast 15k for the transfer as then I have to pay some octroi charges. The reason that I am told is that Mumbai has higher octroi compared to Pune.

Do you have any idea about this. ??
Old 13th March 2008, 15:14   #49
BHPian

3.7 seems to be a very good price i have a Baleno VXI Aug 06 model i got it evaluated about a month ago the going price was 4.5
Old 13th March 2008, 19:02   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj View Post
Harsha.cs1 - I enquired with an agent and he has informed me that it will be atleast 15k for the transfer as then I have to pay some octroi charges. The reason that I am told is that Mumbai has higher octroi compared to Pune.

Do you have any idea about this. ??
Dear Kailash and Spadival,
Unfortunately, there is this system in mumbai of differential octroi in different zone. Therefore, yes you will have to pay the Octroi. There is a thread on this as well. I have inserted the link to it.
Fortunately there is no such system here in Bangalore! Therefore i had overlooked this fact. Apologies for the same. Dipen was right on this.
Cheers, Harsha
Old 13th March 2008, 23:08   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.cs1 View Post
Dear Kailash and Spadival,
Unfortunately, there is this system in mumbai of differential octroi in different zone. Therefore, yes you will have to pay the Octroi. There is a thread on this as well. I have inserted the link to it.
Hi Harsha,

I think you have not included the link. Can you please give it to me so that I can research on this as well. I never knew buying an old car is so much of an hassle

Regards,
Kailash
Old 14th March 2008, 02:16   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
15k which the agent is asking is basically the octroi amount. Transfer would usually cost anywhere between 700-1500 rupees.

Quote:
I never knew buying an old car is so much of an hassle

Regards,
Kailash
It not a hassle buddy, just let the agent do the needful. Make sure that the commission and non-receipt based payments do not go above the 1000-1500 mark. You will receive a receipt for the octroi paid and I think 15k is a fair amount. Since its a Oct month car, you would not have to pay for any insurance till Oct. I am not sure if the insurance is transferable. Check with a reputed insurance agent about this and not with a RTO agent. If the car is clean and you like it, I suggest still go for it. Even 3.9 is a fair deal for a (to be) Mumbai reg car.
Old 14th March 2008, 02:25   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
3.7 seems to be a very good price i have a Baleno VXI Aug 06 model i got it evaluated about a month ago the going price was 4.5
I again repeat, never refer Banglore prices for a Mumbai/Delhi/Pune registered used car. Even the last batch OHC Vtecs go for less than or max 5.00. Just to give you an idea, a friend purchased a 2002 OHC Vtec in 2005 done 41k (very clean with service records) from a Honda authorized dealership for exact 5.20. Assuming the dealer made about 10k-20k from the deal, the actual private party selling price for a 3 year old OHC Vtec would be 5.00 to 5.10. Keep depreciating about 10% for subsequent years.

Below is the link for octroi from another thread :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tml#post650752

Last edited by dipen : 14th March 2008 at 02:29.
Old 14th March 2008, 02:57   #54
BHPian

It not a hassle buddy, just let the agent do the needful. Make sure that the commission and non-receipt based payments do not go above the 1000-1500 mark. You will receive a receipt for the octroi paid and I think 15k is a fair amount. Since its a Oct month car, you would not have to pay for any insurance till Oct. I am not sure if the insurance is transferable. Check with a reputed insurance agent about this and not with a RTO agent. If the car is clean and you like it, I suggest still go for it. Even 3.9 is a fair deal for a (to be) Mumbai reg car.[/quote]

ya the insurance is tranferable if its maruti than it has to be national insurance company

to tranfer you cn go to the showroom it self with a form(dont remmeber the no.) with the sellers signatures and they will charge you rs50 for the transfer and will do it in 1 day
Old 14th March 2008, 09:06   #55
BHPian

Alias - This car is insured by some private firm Cholamandalam company. Never heard of it.. does any one have information about this company and will they allow change of ownership to me if required.
Old 14th March 2008, 09:42   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailashnj
This car is insured by some private firm Cholamandalam company. Never heard of it.. does any one have information about this company and will they allow change of ownership to me if required.
Its a Chennai-based insurance company. There is no reason that they will not allow change of ownership to new buyer (you) because the rules are same for all companies. It is just a matter of filling in the prescribed form and submitting it to the insurance company.
Old 14th March 2008, 12:29   #57
BHPian

I agree with Dipen the prices between Mumbai and Bangalore do differ a lot infact the prices are a bit higher in Bangalore for any make and model.
Old 19th March 2008, 00:07   #58

Buying second hand Baleno 2006: Yes or No?

Hi everybody,

I live in Delhi and presently own a NHC 2006 and a Santro 2000. Since my daily commute is about 65 kilometers, I am planning to buy a car (and sell Santro) primarily to convert it to CNG and save on fuel costs which are increasing by the day. I use a driver and hence back seat comfort is of prime importance. A hassle free ownership experience and decent mileage are other requirements. I have zeroed in on a Baleno 2006 LXI Silver (owned by a distant relative of mine) which has done nine thousand kilometers. The car is in good condition and the odometer reading is correct.

Kindly advice regarding the choice that I have made, the feasibility of CNG conversion for this car and what should be the approximate cost of this car.

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th March 2008, 10:38   #59
BHPian

A 2006 baleno LXI - Delhi regn should be reasonably priced at around Rs. 4- 4.3 lakhs. Its a good car and after sales service shouldnt be a problem for another 2-3 years as its a Maruti vehicle.

Add another 45-50K for CNG conversion. You should ideally get it for m,ax to max 4.5 all inclusive then its VFM. IMHO.
Old 19th March 2008, 10:45   #60
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If the price is good, I don't see why the car is not a good choice. Do ascertain that you fit a branded / approved CNG kit only from an authorised workshop.

The Baleno has low seating at the rear, even more so than the NHC. I have a feeling you will find your existing sedan more comfortable for long runs.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed