Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 11:16   #61
Senior - BHPian

Any particular reason for selling the Santro? Why not convert the NHC to CNG?
Old 19th March 2008, 11:21   #62
Senior - BHPian

imho - baleno is not the best car for rear seat comfort .... even an IKON would be better i feel. so if rear seat comfort is the top priority ( which looks like it ) - go for some other car..Logan is another option.
Old 19th March 2008, 18:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Baleno is a good car,but its a stalled model.Spares wont be an issue currently but resale would be in for a toss in the future.I wont advice a baleno in a long perspective.
ram
Old 19th March 2008, 18:28   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Please use the search function before posting new threads. Merging with existing topic here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ghlight=baleno

Last edited by theMAG : 19th March 2008 at 18:36.
Old 19th March 2008, 19:09   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Spares wont be an issue currently but resale would be in for a toss in the future.I wont advice a baleno in a long perspective.
ram
In what context if I may ask ? Based on some market study is it , if yes please post the source too.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:44   #66
Senior - BHPian

Hey riju this is pure common sense that a car not in production lose the resale in the long run.So its natural that in a long run the money you spend on the baleno depreciates very fast.The last lot of the car were sold on huge discounts too.
ram
Old 20th March 2008, 10:49   #67
Senior - BHPian

ram_hyundai... Not always. Have you tried enquiring about the going rate for ANY Toyota Qualis? There are people who are willing to give a right arm and a leg to get hold of a used Qualis.
Old 20th March 2008, 10:51   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey riju this is pure common sense that a car not in production lose the resale in the long run.So its natural that in a long run the money you spend on the baleno depreciates very fast.The last lot of the car were sold on huge discounts too.
ram
while that is largely a correct conclusion - i somehow feel the Baleno seems to be "more" in demand now that ever before !! given the fact that there is clearly a segment of buyers emerging who want a affordable performance car..

similar was the case for the TOYOTA QUALIS which was fairly in good demand even after it was stopped ( all though not for the same reason as mentioned for the baleno above )
Old 21st March 2008, 20:25   #69
BHPian

Hi Guys,

One last final question - I am able to get a Swift VDi with in one week delivery. Hence I wanted to ask you all should I go for Swift VDi or Baleno 2006.

Finances are like this
Loan on Baleno
332000 for 48 months - EMI - 9342

Loan on Swift VDI
544000 for 60 months - EMI 11675

Please suggest.

I have to make no downpayment for the VDI and White and black colour are available.

Regards,
Kailash
Old 21st March 2008, 20:59   #70
Senior - BHPian

IMO swift vdi would be a better option.Upgrade the tyres and the rims ,add a petes later on and then you got a scorcher in hands.
ram
Old 21st March 2008, 21:20   #71
BHPian

Go for the VDI, join the swift club well unless you care for a trunk.
Old 21st March 2008, 21:36   #72
Team-BHP Support

Do you want a sedan or a hatch?
Petrol or Diesel?

Two different breeds altogether. So to compare, post what is the priority for you.

Mileage, Comfort, Space, VFM, Resale etc and in what order? If you actually list it on your own you will have the answer yourself.
Old 21st March 2008, 22:08   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

If you drive a lot then it has to be a VDI. Also, i personally prefer new cars over seconds. Think of your priorities like:

Do you drive a lot? Do you want a hatch? Do you want to keep the car for a long time? Do you need that extra space?

Once you have answers for above, you will be able to decide which one to buy.
Old 21st March 2008, 23:33   #74
BHPian

My Priorities are as follow

I like to drive a lot - 2005 Indica already done 82000 kms on ODO.
I like comfort and like to drive with AC on.
Wouldnt mind the extra space in the boot as then it can help in the outstation drive where we would need luggage to.
VFM
Resale.

I am not sure whether the new car would run as much as the Indica diesel as this would be an exclusive car for me and no one else. Also the current indica is used by all the three of us - Dad, me and Bro all of us.
I am more interested in Baleno as then it would be a sedan over a hatch and we already have an hatch. But I know one thing my next car in 2 yrs time would be a Safari.

If I buy Baleno then I sell it when I buy Safari - or if I buy swift VDI, I will sell my indica when I buy Safari.

Please suggest now
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:20   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ram
Ram if its pure common sense that makes you feel so, why is that we still have our OHC's and Qualis sell at a premium in the used car market ? What kinda sense do we apply here ?

I don't know how much of used car hunting you have done, I have looked around for a OHC and a baleno and trust me the prices ain't the way you think @least here in Bangalore.

Quote:
I am more interested in Baleno as then it would be a sedan over a hatch and we already have an hatch.
Kailash listen to your heart :P.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks